There are 178 users in the forums

49ers sign QB Jarrett Brown

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
jarett brown has a nice arm

yep.. that is right! his great a arm and strong his arm damn... it is nice!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Nice Stiff arm too. Check it out at the end of the clip
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Nice Stiff arm too. Check it out at the end of the clip

yeah i saw it. ur right! and he is tall and easy to read the offense..
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersFan831:
the niners can cut david carr and use brown like the EAGLES use Micheal Vick now that would moke our offense super scary ever think about that
the niners can cut david carr and use brown like the EAGLES use Micheal Vick now that would moke our offense super scary ever think about that

If we could get Nate Davis to the point where he would be a reliable back up option, this could be interesting. If we ever run the damn Taser, wildcat, or whatever, it might as well be by this guy. At least then there is the threat of a pass to keep the D honest. Both he and Nate still need a TON of coaching to be of any use on game day, but its a fun thought.
[ Edited by CornellU49er on Apr 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM ]
Isn't Jarrett Brown going to be the next Josh Cribbs? Meaning, I think the 49ers are grooming him for ST duties, not QB duties?
  • East49
  • Info N/A
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=141173&page=1#post9

Im a WVU fan, I got a little crazy when I found out. Made a post in NinerTalk with some insight if anyone cares. Didnt think to look over here for a post, with my hysteria and all.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for 228niner.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by teeohh:
a brotha

Seriously things are changing. I remember back in the day the niners would never a have black QB and now we have two on the roster.

yep 3 counting Mike Robinson
Big time arm. A really nice pick up for the team. Will give Nate Davis a run for the third QB.

Umm no. David Carr might be the best QB on the team. He's never had a good O-line until he played for the Giants. He did really well last year filling for Eli also.

There is no chance, no chance, that the 49ers go with either Nate Davis or Jarrett Brown as their backup quarterback next season.

Lets have a sense of realism please.
One of my favorite developmental projects in the entire draft. When he was invited to the senior bowl, I told people he had the best physical tools of all the QBs.

Not the best decision maker but he had a little chance to plan at WVU because Pat white was in front of him until this year. Also WVU doesn't run a pro style offense but Brown has the arm and athletcism to play in the NFL.

At the very least, he's a camp body who has the arm to make all the throws for this offense. I wouldn't be surprised if he made the PS.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Definitely...kid has a big arm and very good mobility, just needs a few years of coaching/mentoring and he could be something.

Sounds a lot like Nate Davis.

Yes and I think he will be given a chance for the 3rd spot. Davis may just have a battle on his hands.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Big time arm. A really nice pick up for the team. Will give Nate Davis a run for the third QB.

And since he probably does not have a learning disability, that can clinch it for him.
Brown and Davis had better be memorizing the playbook and watching film every free moment they get between now and training camp...
Share 49ersWebzone