There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How many starters

I expect Phillip Adams, Kyle Williams, Navorro Bowman, and Nate Byham to all start at their positions Week 1, and the rest of the rookies to sit.
Opening week I'd say 3, or 4 if you include Ginn as a draft pick (and others like Laboy might see some time etc).

I expect Davis and Iupati to "earn" their spots in training camp, along with whoever wins out as PR. That is if you include KR & PR as starters. If you don't, scratch Ginn and whoever wins the PR duties.

I expect Mays to play and maaybe start at some point this year, whichever bulldozer wins a spot to see some touches, and if Byham works out as an NFL caliber blocker, he'll earn some time.

Therefore, I'd say we end up with at least 7 or 8 new guys that see playing time this coming season.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Apr 25, 2010 at 2:44 AM ]
From week 1? One, maybe two. Obviously Davis and Iupati.

Mays getting increasing amounts of playing time as the season goes on, and starting by week 16.

Bowman ST and infilling. His time will come later.

Dixon late in the season, spelling Gore. Unless Coffee lights it up.

And the blocking tight end gets some situational play in short yardage.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
1. iupati. maybe 2, davis.

but 4 or 5 could be major contributors. mays, bowman, dixon, williams, and maybe vann on PR's.

You're smoking CRACK if you think that Anthony Davis will not start at RT this year!

Yeah, I agree you got to smoking something if you don't thin Davis will be the starting RT come opening day.
Four
Davis, Iupati, Mays (by mid-year), and Dixon (as a fullback).

[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on May 12, 2010 at 12:08:14 ]
By the end of next season:
Iupati--LOG
Davis--RT
Mays--S/ST
Ginn-KR
Vann-PR
Williams--Slot
Byham--ST

I expect all of these to start by the end of the season. On day one, Iupati at LG, Davis at RT, Ginn at KR, Vann at PR and Byham at ST.

I consider Ginn our 5th rounder.

Not bad at all for a draft class.

• Nuns
  • Veteran
I expect Bowman to be starting by mid season, anticipating an injury to Spikes.
  • cools
  • Veteran
2, Davis and Iupati

Mays will share duties with Lewis, till he eventually takes over

I dont think Bowman will get any starts, even if Spikes gets dinged.
Wilhelm will probably be kept aound for that, while McKillop and Bowman
continue to develop, but both those guys should be great special teamers
* I really dont want to keep 5 ILB's, so hopefully McKillop/Bowman have a great camp
so we can use Wilhelm's roster spot somewhere else

I love our 6th round picks, and think all three make it (as important backups)
Williams gets that Slot Reciever position and becomes our primary PR
Dixon as the #3 RB
and Byham beats out Finley and Curtis as the Blocking TE

Eventually 4 starters
with the other 3 having key roles on the team

[ Edited by cools on Apr 30, 2010 at 09:25:07 ]
Originally posted by Nuns:
I expect Bowman to be starting by mid season, anticipating an injury to Spikes.

take that back.................... i gotta see the takeo karate dance all season this year
Iupati and Davis and Williams as our PR and slot receiver.

Mays will get a few starts because of Lewis getting injured (probably a concussion that could end his career).
2 this year - Iupati and Davis

By 2011 - Iupati, Davis, Mays and Bowman will be starting
No one isolated just offense and defense guys. Special teams is also a unit and some of those guys will start there.

Just a lil' clarification...
One, maybe 2, will start Game 1 in 2010.

For sure, Ginn will start at RS.

Maybe Davis will start at RT. But the club might give Snyder the start to put less pressure on the 20-year old rookie.

Iupati won't start for some time, maybe not until the last third of the season, because his pass protection skills are so undeveloped and he will get multiple holding calls until he learns to keep his hands inside the shoulder pads of the guy that he is blocking.

Unless Michael Lewis is injured, Mays won't start a single game in 2010. Even then, Roman or R. Smith could come in before Mays.

Bowman has no shot at starting all year. Dixon has no shot until Gore is retired. , Byham, Williams and Adams have no shot at ever starting. Adams probably does not even make the Final 53.

Three seasons down the road (2012 season), I would expect five starters from this draft:

Davis (starter by Game 3 of 2010)
Iupati (starter in 2011 when Baas leaves in FA)
Mays (Lewis retired)
Bowman (Spikes retired)
Ginn (RS starter in 2010, never a WR starter)
Maybe Dixon (Gore possibly retired)
Originally posted by jimbagg:
One, maybe 2, will start Game 1 in 2010.

For sure, Ginn will start at RS.

Maybe Davis will start at RT. But the club might give Snyder the start to put less pressure on the 20-year old rookie.

Iupati won't start for some time, maybe not until the last third of the season, because his pass protection skills are so undeveloped and he will get multiple holding calls until he learns to keep his hands inside the shoulder pads of the guy that he is blocking.

Unless Michael Lewis is injured, Mays won't start a single game in 2010. Even then, Roman or R. Smith could come in before Mays.

Bowman has no shot at starting all year. Dixon has no shot until Gore is retired. , Byham, Williams and Adams have no shot at ever starting. Adams probably does not even make the Final 53.

Three seasons down the road (2012 season), I would expect five starters from this draft:

Davis (starter by Game 3 of 2010)
Iupati (starter in 2011 when Baas leaves in FA)
Mays (Lewis retired)
Bowman (Spikes retired)
Ginn (RS starter in 2010, never a WR starter)
Maybe Dixon (Gore possibly retired)

Roman? you sure he's still on our team?

I really believe the first 3 in the draft will start + Ginn for a 5th rounder will start on Special Teams. This was a very strong draft.