There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CBS Sports Draft Grades: 2010 NFL Draft, 49ers

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Lol, those grades were handed out by Pete Prisco of CBS. This is the same guy who was hyping up Jevan Snead as the possible #1overall pick in this years draft. This guy doesnt know s**t.

lol so true!!

Not sure how you give a 7th round pick a D-. Who were we supposed to pick there
Originally posted by susweel:
Clearly he's a niner hater.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Well it's better than the F I give this draft!

If we spent a little in free agency we could have had a line like say.... Pashos, Pitts, Heitmen Fanaca, and Staley!

We could have drafted Ryan Mathews, Gerhart, and what a freaking great backfield we would have! Toby blocking for Gore? with Toby and Frank behind thous guys who are you going to key on?

Iupati and Davis will be studs.. in time, but what a waste to take two O-linemen in the first, I can't think of any one who has done that! Weak!

Our problem last season was more coaching and game planning related. We did nothing about that! Sing is drinking his own Kool-Aid!

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by crabman82:
if he gave davis a c at 11 wonder what the jags got for alualu at 10

Alualu gets a C- and Davis is a C? Jesus Christ, I'm gonna send over my resume to CBS Sports and take this guys job.

lol
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by crabman82:
if he gave davis a c at 11 wonder what the jags got for alualu at 10

Alualu gets a C- and Davis is a C? Jesus Christ, I'm gonna send over my resume to CBS Sports and take this guys job.

I don't know dude, with the type of analysis he constantly provides, he may be doing unspeakable favors to keep that job.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-best-and-worst-of-the-2010-draft?urn=nfl,236463

Perhaps we would like this draft analysis better.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Apr 24, 2010 at 7:25 PM ]
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-best-and-worst-of-the-2010-draft?urn=nfl,236463

Perhaps we would like this draft analysis better.

@ Denver
"Demaryius Thomas(notes) is a good deep receiver, but none of the three current Denver quarterbacks have good deep arms. "
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-best-and-worst-of-the-2010-draft?urn=nfl,236463

Perhaps we would like this draft analysis better.

Now that guy knows what he's talking about!

Except how are the Redskins expected to make a playoff run? They're projected to come in last in the NFC East.
CBS is full of it. They would give Dan Marino a B-
Clark Judge works for CBS a former 49er beat writer who really hates the Yorks and has been quite public in his dislike of the organization. His dislike combined with Prisco's severe east coast bias doesn't shock me one bit.

I still don't understand draft grades day of the draft. Did the 49ers grab players who can help them this season?

Absolutely.

How much? Well that remains to be seen but I'm optimistic.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 198
C'mon people, stop hating just cuz 49ers didn't pick the guys that you wanted. The draft is 7 rounds, not 1 round. Look at it as a whole. And, so many of the players that everyone thinks are gonna be superstars will turn out to be worthless. It happens every year. So, please be realistic and post reasonable and logical explanations.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Well it's better than the F I give this draft!

If we spent a little in free agency we could have had a line like say.... Pashos, Pitts, Heitmen Fanaca, and Staley!

We could have drafted Ryan Mathews, Gerhart, and what a freaking great backfield we would have! Toby blocking for Gore? with Toby and Frank behind thous guys who are you going to key on?

Iupati and Davis will be studs.. in time, but what a waste to take two O-linemen in the first, I can't think of any one who has done that! Weak!

Our problem last season was more coaching and game planning related. We did nothing about that! Sing is drinking his own Kool-Aid!
This guy obviously has no clue how the players Singletary/Baalke drafted will be used. Mays, for example...they didn't draft him to be their FS...he'll be a younger, stronger, faster version of ML in his prime. AD a "C"? Give me a break. Byham a "D"? Again, he has no clue how Singletary plans to use him...they got him to bloody noses, he already has Vernon and Walker to catch the ball. Dixon a "C+"? All he did was lead the tough SEC in rushing...speed? All he did was run a 4.47 40...this guy's typical of so many of the national reporters...he has NO CLUE what the Niners are doing.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
This guy obviously has no clue how the players Singletary/Baalke drafted will be used. Mays, for example...they didn't draft him to be their FS...he'll be a younger, stronger, faster version of ML in his prime. AD a "C"? Give me a break. Byham a "D"? Again, he has no clue how Singletary plans to use him...they got him to bloody noses, he already has Vernon and Walker to catch the ball. Dixon a "C+"? All he did was lead the tough SEC in rushing...speed? All he did was run a 4.47 40...this guy's typical of so many of the national reporters...he has NO CLUE what the Niners are doing.

I thought Dixon ran a 4.64? Regardless, we did much better than this guy thinks
Prisco has always been a niner-hater after drafts, look at his analysis for any of our picks, he hates anything we do. Hell, I think he hated the Willis and Crabtree picks too, he's a tool.
[ Edited by Niners23 on Apr 25, 2010 at 10:20 AM ]