LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

CBS Sports Draft Grades: 2010 NFL Draft, 49ers

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Well it's better than the F I give this draft!

If we spent a little in free agency we could have had a line like say.... Pashos, Pitts, Heitmen Fanaca, and Staley!

We could have drafted Ryan Mathews, Gerhart, and what a freaking great backfield we would have! Toby blocking for Gore? with Toby and Frank behind thous guys who are you going to key on?

Iupati and Davis will be studs.. in time, but what a waste to take two O-linemen in the first, I can't think of any one who has done that! Weak!

Our problem last season was more coaching and game planning related. We did nothing about that! Sing is drinking his own Kool-Aid!

• Shifty
  • Veteran

If we spent a little in free agency we could have had a line like say.... Pashos, Pitts, Heitmen Fanaca, and Staley!

We could have drafted Ryan Mathews, Gerhart, and what a freaking great backfield we would have! Toby blocking for Gore? with Toby and Frank behind thous guys who are you going to key on?

Iupati and Davis will be studs.. in time, but what a waste to take two O-linemen in the first, I can't think of any one who has done that! Weak!

Our problem last season was more coaching and game planning related. We did nothing about that! Sing is drinking his own Kool-Aid!

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

After reading this a few more times, I am convinced you have a drug problem.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

After reading this a few more times, I am convinced you have a drug problem.

So manythings I could comment on but I don't have the time and also I am on my phone but the last time a team spent 2 picks on their o line in the first round bow have the best o line in the NFL so it works and how is It bad that we took the weakest position of outlr while team and made it into a positive
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Lol, those grades were handed out by Pete Prisco of CBS. This is the same guy who was hyping up Jevan Snead as the possible #1overall pick in this years draft. This guy doesnt know s**t.

lol so true!!
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Sounds about right.

Not that high on Anthony Davis. 21 reps @ 225 at 6'6 330+

Almost ranks at the bottom as far as OL go in the combine.

More value at trading down to pickup Saffold.

Taylor Mays was horrible last season at USC, I will say it again and again, I know he is rocking a 49er jersey now and its hard for some of you take off your Niner Shades, but realistically - a top 5 pick a couple years ago that fell out of the first round.

Red flag.

At the end of the day, let's hope his athleticism can translate into becoming a football player, his instincts have ALWAYS been questionable and thats huge if you want to be a safety.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

thank you for this much-needed gif

Originally posted by Toronto49er:
By Jon Dove
NFLMocks.com

null http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13264107?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

Jon Dove of NFLMocks.com analyzes each pick from Round 7 of the 2010 NFL Draft, grading each team on their selections.

No. 11: 49ers select: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

Analysis: This is a reach. He is a good player, but this is high. He has some character issues, but they proved with Michael Crabtree last year that doesn't matter. He does fill a need.

GRADE: C

No. 17: 49ers select: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

Analysis: He is a tough guy who will help the run game. The 49ers did a nice job fixing their line with two picks. They will be brutish. He plays a nasty style.

GRADE: B

No. 49: 49ers select: Taylor Mays, FS, USC

Analysis: The 49ers need help at safety, but they need to improve their coverage. Mays isn't a cover corner. He doesn't play the ball well. Chad Jones was a better option.

GRADE: C

No. 91: 49ers select: Navorro Bowman, OLB, Penn StatE

Analysis: This is a kid some had pegged as a first-round pick a year ago. He does have some off-field issues, but he is a good player. This is a solid pick by the 49ers.

GRADE: B+

No. 173: 49ers select: Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State

Analysis: Anthony Dixon is a bigger running back that lacks ideal speed. He adds some depth to an injury prone group in San Fran.

GRADE: C+

No. 182: 49ers select: Nate Byham, TE , Pittsburgh

Analysis: Byham does not have the speed to be a receiving tigh end. He has decent blocking skills.

GRADE: D+

No. 206: 49ers select: Kyle Williams, WR , Arizona State

Analysis: Williams was one of our sleeper picks at NFLMocks.com . He has a ton of speed and reliable hands. He is kind of in the mold of the recently acquired Ted Ginn Jr.

GRADE: B

No. 224: 49ers select: Phillip Adams, CB, South Carolina State

Analysis: Phillip Adams has nice size but is unlikely to stick on the team.

GRADE: D-

DISCUSS.

I disagree with most of this guys points. I hate his remark about caracter issues not being a problem because of Crabtree. I am beigining to think that just like with Crabtree there are no caracter issues with Anthony Davis. Other than that I thought Mays should be a B-, that he ranked that linebacker too high, and his grade for Byham is absolute crap. If we were counting on him to be a reciver then yes, a D+ would be appropriate but his purpose will be as a blocker which he was among the best in the draft.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

All the draft grades mean nothing now. What happens when the season starts does, then we can grade it.
Taylor Mays a C? Chad Jones over Taylor Mays? This guy is a f'ing idiot.
This mfer never gives us any props. f**k that f****t.
Share 49ersWebzone