LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

CBS Sports Draft Grades: 2010 NFL Draft, 49ers

By Jon Dove
NFLMocks.com

null http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13264107?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

Jon Dove of NFLMocks.com analyzes each pick from Round 7 of the 2010 NFL Draft, grading each team on their selections.

No. 11: 49ers select: Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

Analysis: This is a reach. He is a good player, but this is high. He has some character issues, but they proved with Michael Crabtree last year that doesn't matter. He does fill a need.

GRADE: C

No. 17: 49ers select: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

Analysis: He is a tough guy who will help the run game. The 49ers did a nice job fixing their line with two picks. They will be brutish. He plays a nasty style.

GRADE: B

No. 49: 49ers select: Taylor Mays, FS, USC

Analysis: The 49ers need help at safety, but they need to improve their coverage. Mays isn't a cover corner. He doesn't play the ball well. Chad Jones was a better option.

GRADE: C

No. 91: 49ers select: Navorro Bowman, OLB, Penn StatE

Analysis: This is a kid some had pegged as a first-round pick a year ago. He does have some off-field issues, but he is a good player. This is a solid pick by the 49ers.

GRADE: B+

No. 173: 49ers select: Anthony Dixon, RB, Mississippi State

Analysis: Anthony Dixon is a bigger running back that lacks ideal speed. He adds some depth to an injury prone group in San Fran.

GRADE: C+

No. 182: 49ers select: Nate Byham, TE , Pittsburgh

Analysis: Byham does not have the speed to be a receiving tigh end. He has decent blocking skills.

GRADE: D+

No. 206: 49ers select: Kyle Williams, WR , Arizona State

Analysis: Williams was one of our sleeper picks at NFLMocks.com . He has a ton of speed and reliable hands. He is kind of in the mold of the recently acquired Ted Ginn Jr.

GRADE: B

No. 224: 49ers select: Phillip Adams, CB, South Carolina State

Analysis: Phillip Adams has nice size but is unlikely to stick on the team.

GRADE: D-

DISCUSS.
To each their own, clearly he's one of those who bought into all the negativity about Davis.
Lol, those grades were handed out by Pete Prisco of CBS. This is the same guy who was hyping up Jevan Snead as the possible #1overall pick in this years draft. This guy doesnt know s**t.
This guy is a hater. Mortensen said we had a good draft on espn, Schefter twittered that ours was one of his favorites, a lot of people think we had a really good draft. We got guys with great potential AND guys who can start for us(Iupati/Davis, maybe Mays). Then we got some nice role players in the 6th/7th, like that blocking TE hopefully.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
The explantion for each grade says it all. This guy ha sno clue why we took these picks. They grade out higher due to why we took them!
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Lol, those grades were handed out by Pete Prisco of CBS. This is the same guy who was hyping up Jevan Snead as the possible #1overall pick in this years draft. This guy doesnt know s**t.

agreed, he also hates on us big time, all the time
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

What the Fuk? It must have been before the college season started, thats when everyone was on his nuts.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
He gave us a C for Anthony Davis? What a joke, i should have stopped reading there
if he gave davis a c at 11 wonder what the jags got for alualu at 10
  • bret
  • Veteran
The guy's an idiot! He didn't like the Raider's draft after the first pick, then said they were having a good draft after the second. Then he blasted them for passing on Bruce Campbell for Veldeer in the third, then congratulated them on their tackle pick-ups after they did get Campbell a round later.
I trust the Niners' scouts a lot more than I trust him!

This guy is just plain bad. People can say Davis was a reach, but Iupati went where he was supposed to and people are saying he's the best since Hutch.

Plus, they didn't draft Mays as a cover corner.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
if he gave davis a c at 11 wonder what the jags got for alualu at 10

Alualu gets a C- and Davis is a C? Jesus Christ, I'm gonna send over my resume to CBS Sports and take this guys job.
I think everyone that watches football knows that Taylor Mays is a three time all america safety.

This guy isnt sold that he is a CB?

This guy is a joke.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Clearly he's a niner hater.
Well it's better than the F I give this draft!

If we spent a little in free agency we could have had a line like say.... Pashos, Pitts, Heitmen Fanaca, and Staley!

We could have drafted Ryan Mathews, Gerhart, and what a freaking great backfield we would have! Toby blocking for Gore? with Toby and Frank behind thous guys who are you going to key on?

Iupati and Davis will be studs.. in time, but what a waste to take two O-linemen in the first, I can't think of any one who has done that! Weak!

Our problem last season was more coaching and game planning related. We did nothing about that! Sing is drinking his own Kool-Aid!
Share 49ersWebzone