There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best pick/worst pick?

Best pick: Mike Iupati - They could've easily said, "Well, we got one OL with our first pick, let's get something different here then draft a guard later." I'm glad they realized that we need to rebuild our OL with elite players, and they went and got the best guard in the draft.

Worst pick: Navorro Bowman - Not too excited about this pick. First off, he probably won't be starting for a year or two. Secondly, where does he fit? OLB? ILB? And lastly, I felt like there were still a lot of good CBs on the board that we could've grabbed.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Best pick: Mike Iupati - They could've easily said, "Well, we got one OL with our first pick, let's get something different here then draft a guard later." I'm glad they realized that we need to rebuild our OL with elite players, and they went and got the best guard in the draft.

Worst pick: Navorro Bowman - Not too excited about this pick. First off, he probably won't be starting for a year or two. Secondly, where does he fit? OLB? ILB? And lastly, I felt like there were still a lot of good CBs on the board that we could've grabbed.

speaking of picks, your up in the all time draft Huck.....dont make me destroy you.
I don't like questioning Sing on this, but Bowman makes no sense. Especially with Ghee available! They must really be sold on the corners we have... I like our depth at corner though so maybe we're okay.

Just seems strange to draft a 4-3 OLB for our 3-4 defense. Maybe he'll be a special teams monster though
Originally posted by Furlow:
I don't like questioning Sing on this, but Bowman makes no sense. Especially with Ghee available! They must really be sold on the corners we have... I like our depth at corner though so maybe we're okay.

Just seems strange to draft a 4-3 OLB for our 3-4 defense. Maybe he'll be a special teams monster though
imo, i dont see the "4-3 olb" as an argument for NOT drafting him if you run a 3-4 because nearly every college plays 4-3, like i know. but brandon ghee IS an argument. thats why i see bowman as the worst pick, either.
kyle williams is the next question...if he can be a solid WR then i got absolutely nothing against him, but if MS wanted another man for the return game, he could draft trindon holliday instead.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Furlow:
I don't like questioning Sing on this, but Bowman makes no sense. Especially with Ghee available! They must really be sold on the corners we have... I like our depth at corner though so maybe we're okay.

Just seems strange to draft a 4-3 OLB for our 3-4 defense. Maybe he'll be a special teams monster though
imo, i dont see the "4-3 olb" as an argument for NOT drafting him if you run a 3-4 because nearly every college plays 4-3, like i know. but brandon ghee IS an argument. thats why i see bowman as the worst pick, either.
kyle williams is the next question...if he can be a solid WR then i got absolutely nothing against him, but if MS wanted another man for the return game, he could draft trindon holliday instead.

Kyle Williams is my High School friend! Trust me this man is legit and amazing.
Best Pick - Kyle Williams ASU - High School buddy and a freakish steallllll athlete.

Worst Pick- NONE.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Best Pick - Kyle Williams ASU - High School buddy and a freakish steallllll athlete.

Worst Pick- NONE.

Camp fodder.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Best pick: Mike Iupati - They could've easily said, "Well, we got one OL with our first pick, let's get something different here then draft a guard later." I'm glad they realized that we need to rebuild our OL with elite players, and they went and got the best guard in the draft.

Worst pick: Navorro Bowman - Not too excited about this pick. First off, he probably won't be starting for a year or two. Secondly, where does he fit? OLB? ILB? And lastly, I felt like there were still a lot of good CBs on the board that we could've grabbed.

Navorro Bowman will strictly play TED/ILB roles (and special teams) and hopefully become Takeo Spikes' replacement by next season (We have to see how this one pans out before we judge much of it).
Originally posted by Furlow:
I don't like questioning Sing on this, but Bowman makes no sense. Especially with Ghee available! They must really be sold on the corners we have... I like our depth at corner though so maybe we're okay.

Just seems strange to draft a 4-3 OLB for our 3-4 defense. Maybe he'll be a special teams monster though

if he can shed blocks, which he can, he has the size to play TED or MIKE, he will be the future after a year of learning behind TKO. He is a 2nd rond talent, had at the end of the 3rd round.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,517
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Best Pick - Kyle Williams ASU - High School buddy and a freakish steallllll athlete.

Worst Pick- NONE.

Camp fodder.

Homer opinion!!!
Bowman seemed like he was Sing's pick. I think their grooming him to take over for Spikes next year.

We got 2 starters on the O-Line for this year.
2 Future starters next year in Mays and Bowman
Didn't really like any of the 6th rd picks but it's the 6th rd so it's not that big a deal.

How does Dixon fit in with Coffee on the team? How is Kyle Williams supposed to make the team with our group of WR's. Wish they would of traded for Leon Washington, or got a player like him. Speed back that can return punts. Feel like our last 4 picks are destined for the practice squad.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Bowman seemed like he was Sing's pick. I think their grooming him to take over for Spikes next year.

We got 2 starters on the O-Line for this year.
2 Future starters next year in Mays and Bowman
Didn't really like any of the 6th rd picks but it's the 6th rd so it's not that big a deal.

How does Dixon fit in with Coffee on the team? How is Kyle Williams supposed to make the team with our group of WR's. Wish they would of traded for Leon Washington, or got a player like him. Speed back that can return punts. Feel like our last 4 picks are destined for the practice squad.

didnt Leon have three tears in his knee? Even if it was a torn ACL, I pass.
Best Pick : Taylor Mays

Worst Pick : Navorro Bowman
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Best Pick - Kyle Williams ASU - High School buddy and a freakish steallllll athlete.

Worst Pick- NONE.

Camp fodder.

Dont hate on my Guy! he will prove you wronggg
Best Pick Taylor Mays

Worst Pick the dude we took in the 7th