There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

One Thing is for Sure...

Originally posted by Butter:
One other thing for sure. Mays needs to live in the film room. That guy needs to become a student of the game 24/7. He needs to learn everything about tendency's, schemes, etc. He needs to develop a much stronger sense for the game so that his football IQ/instincts can match his physical prowess.

Exactly now is the time to prove the critiques wrong!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
i called for top 2-3 OT in draft plus Iupati. Well, there were a lot of folks that laughed at that, but that's what we got. I also posted long and loud last yr we needed an OT and OG. That didn't happen then. It sure as heck happened this yr, and once the first day was over, so was my draft, because after that , i ididn't care who we picked. The mays pick (yeah, the same guy who ran down his college coach just after we drafted him) is a case in point. The 4.32 speed is nice, he hits like a truck, but then he goes on vacation, or drifts, or whatever. Inconsistent, got an attitude, and is definitely immature. Bring on BigMike. If he can turn this kid, then we REALLY had a helluva draft; bad actors i never liked(ie RAIds), and this kid started off with a bang...a bad one. Hopefully his wits end up matching his talent, and also hopefully he gets it and plays all 6o mins. We'll see. But after #11(i had guessed we had to go to #8 to get one of top 2 OTs), and iupati at 17, i was one happy camper, and i don't care who anybody else drafted.

The winner in this draft? Obviously, you ask around the league and anyone will tell you Alex Smith. Now we see what kind of qb we drafted...5 yrs ago. It is criminal we draft #1 pick in draft and wait 5 yrs to protect him. But that is now water under the bridge, Baalke did the right thing and got us an OL, and things are well with the 49er world. Actually with that 2nd rd pick, i would have loved jordan shipley, who will be an all pro within 3 yrs.

you are so cool
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
i called for top 2-3 OT in draft plus Iupati. Well, there were a lot of folks that laughed at that, but that's what we got. I also posted long and loud last yr we needed an OT and OG. That didn't happen then. It sure as heck happened this yr, and once the first day was over, so was my draft, because after that , i ididn't care who we picked. The mays pick (yeah, the same guy who ran down his college coach just after we drafted him) is a case in point. The 4.32 speed is nice, he hits like a truck, but then he goes on vacation, or drifts, or whatever. Inconsistent, got an attitude, and is definitely immature. Bring on BigMike. If he can turn this kid, then we REALLY had a helluva draft; bad actors i never liked(ie RAIds), and this kid started off with a bang...a bad one. Hopefully his wits end up matching his talent, and also hopefully he gets it and plays all 6o mins. We'll see. But after #11(i had guessed we had to go to #8 to get one of top 2 OTs), and iupati at 17, i was one happy camper, and i don't care who anybody else drafted.

The winner in this draft? Obviously, you ask around the league and anyone will tell you Alex Smith. Now we see what kind of qb we drafted...5 yrs ago. It is criminal we draft #1 pick in draft and wait 5 yrs to protect him. But that is now water under the bridge, Baalke did the right thing and got us an OL, and things are well with the 49er world. Actually with that 2nd rd pick, i would have loved jordan shipley, who will be an all pro within 3 yrs.

You had me until the Jordan Shipley part. :)
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
You gotta love it! The Niners are going to hammer people on both sides of the ball. This is going to be fun to watch.

We're certainly getting there, and you're absolutely right...it's going to be fun to watch.
Actually jimrat, i'm a longtime longhorn, so i got to see a lot of shipley, and he was special, kind of like wes welker. Seriously, after first rd, i really didn't care, because finally we got the pieces for the OL which makes our WRs a lot better, our RB better, our TEs better...heck, entire O is finally going to work... And it was about time. Throw in ginn, and baalke could have stopped after rd 1. Altho i know nothing about him, i am interested in our 4th pick. I actually don't think i ever saw him play.

Tulini is right. This can NOW be smash mouth football, altho we can't expect everything to gel right away. Somehow, snyder=heitmann=baas=rags is going to have to produce a center. i am thoroughly expecting solari and rayBrown to make rachal the kind of player he was at USC...and he can be dominating. As for wallace, either play him until he starts or until he busts out. Somehow, one of the 4 guys above is going to start, and hopefully with talent on all sides of him, will become adequate.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Actually jimrat, i'm a longtime longhorn, so i got to see a lot of shipley, and he was special, kind of like wes welker. Seriously, after first rd, i really didn't care, because finally we got the pieces for the OL which makes our WRs a lot better, our RB better, our TEs better...heck, entire O is finally going to work... And it was about time. Throw in ginn, and baalke could have stopped after rd 1. Altho i know nothing about him, i am interested in our 4th pick. I actually don't think i ever saw him play.

Tulini is right. This can NOW be smash mouth football, altho we can't expect everything to gel right away. Somehow, snyder=heitmann=baas=rags is going to have to produce a center. i am thoroughly expecting solari and rayBrown to make rachal the kind of player he was at USC...and he can be dominating. As for wallace, either play him until he starts or until he busts out. Somehow, one of the 4 guys above is going to start, and hopefully with talent on all sides of him, will become adequate.

I like Shipley also, maybe not 2nd rd but I understand the homerism.......nice post
The whole point of this draft was simple. After their first game of the season with us, Singletary wants our NFC West opponents -- down to a man -- not want to play us a second time.