LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

How does the Offense look on paper?

How does the Offense look on paper?

Off topic but do we go after Atogwe in free agency now? Mays can't cover and we need a cover safety.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by EezyNiner:
Off topic but do we go after Atogwe in free agency now? Mays can't cover and we need a cover safety.

No

Next question ??
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
The main problem is Alex, if he can some how miraculously step up then we could get into the top half.

Susweel, in your mind; what do you feel Alex has to do to step up? And please no simple statement like; "Win".

90+ QB rating, 3200 yards, 25 tds with 10 ints. And stop missing people on deep routes and lead the team when the game is on the line.

Very nice. I think Alex can do that this year. And if not, then we start looking for the next 49er QB. I would also like to see his completion percentage increase towards 70%.

One thing is for sure. No more BS, either Alex Smith does it this year or he is gone for sure.

I think he can do it and I am excited about this season.

I hope he can do it, I just wonna see some winning football again.

No

Next question ??

Ok so what do we do when somebody like Desean Jackson goes streaking down the field untouched and uncovered several times a game?
Originally posted by Yetiman:
Originally posted by znk916:
Middle of the pack probably, borderline top 10 if another WR besides Crabs can step up and be a consistent presence catching the ball week in week out.

Originally posted by A-R-S:
if the play calling doesn't improve, we'll still be in the bottom third of the league.

Somewhere in-between. Morgan will step up. Alex will be better yet. OL will be improved. But Jimmy Raye will still be calling Coach Sing's preferred smash-mouth game plan and that will be a limiting factor.

Of course, maybe mid-pack is all we'll need out of the offense if the defense continues to play well.

this

After all the progress our team made when we reverted to a shotgun spread attack...it looks like Singletary wants to go back to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust philosophy.
severly limiting what we CAN do on offense.
Hopefully top 15... It'll be the defense that needs to be in the top 10.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

No

Next question ??

Ok so what do we do when somebody like Desean Jackson goes streaking down the field untouched and uncovered several times a game?

Beat him up with Clements at the line and bracket him with Mays over the top. I dare him to catch the ball with Mays coming for the hit!
Maybe I'm an optimistic homer, but I chose top 10. If our line improves, even just somewhat on both the interior and RT spot, then our running will setup the pass and vise versa.

I have high hopes for:

Chilo Rachal
Ray McDonald
Glenn Coffee
Jason Hill and Josh Morgan
RJF

To take their play to the next level and be true impact players and help win games
Originally posted by teeohh:
It will depend on how Iupati and Davis do as rookies, along with Smith, but especially with Raye.

Yeah I totally agree with this, they are key, whether we want to be a dominant rushing team or a balanced (or even pass heavy) it starts with the line. I want, at the very least, one of them starting when the season starts if not I will be pretty annoyed as we would have once again left Alex in the s**t.

I know people may say I am making excuses for him, but can anyone honestly say they have been satisfied with the Oline play the last 5 years?
Ru, Run, pass, Punt! it is still Jimmy Raye calling the plays!

Share 49ersWebzone