LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

When was the last time we selected someone for their freakish athletic skills? it was vernon davis. He was a bust at first but with proper coaching (which we have in sing), he became feared by every team we played against.

I believe this is the exact same for taylor mays. This guys upside is just too huge. I know he lacks coverage skills, but if we can coach him and help bring out his best, I can easily see him just as much a fear as vernon is on Offense.

*can Taylor Mays and Pat Willis be the next Ed reed and Ray Lewis?*
I dont know about you guys but i cant wait to find out

With vernons skills, we took him at 6. We got a steal when we got mays at 49, so please stop hating on him. its not like we took him at 17. Absolute sick pick
Great pick!
great pick in the second round 1st round talent bottom line is taylor mays is a ss we need a strong safety with range and devestating hitting ability former 49er ronnie lott was an advocate of the 49ers drafting taylor mays we know have a true big hitter at safety to pair with d goldson and like lott played safety at usc i expect taylor mays to be a probowler in the near future with his size 6'3 weight 225 speed 4.3 in the 40 he is like vernon davis except no nolan we got mike singletary who always gets the most outta his players examples vernon davis patrick willis chilo rachal d goldson a brooks i think this is the best draft we have had in years
[ Edited by 49ersswagger on Apr 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Yah can't wait to play Madden....oops did I just say that!!
How wonderful that you are enjoying your draft buzz. While you were enjoying it, the
boys up in Seattle were building a team.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
How wonderful that you are enjoying your draft buzz. While you were enjoying it, the

Well what do you think Singletary and Baalke were doing?

Dont you think we are as well? Yes they have had a tremendous draft. They had the best out of everyone. We are in the top 5. But dont go discounting us. I think we have plugged our holes. All we need is for Nate Clements to come in and play like we know he can, which, this year I know he will bring the house.

Herm Edward's said the 49ers where the big winners of the draft, over the entire NFL including Seattle....

So enjoy the buzz, or go be a Seattle fan

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

lmfao!

well, they have a LOT farther to go on that than our team, so I wish them luck.
Nate Byham is gonna be starting by week 3 because he's superior to VD.
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

lmfao!

you better lmfao, cause sea needs those picks to perform asap than ours!!!
Share 49ersWebzone