LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Trading back into the 4th

• Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
For Manny Lawson!

If there's somebody left in the 4th we absolutely think could be a 1st day/mid-season starter:

SD's 4th (2011), Manny Lawson (or both) for Washington's 103rd.

It would make sense since the Skins are now running a pure 3-4-based defense, and it would put us in front of Philly (who's looking to nab the best 4th round CB).

Originally posted by 23zack80:
I think the 49ers will trade into the 5th with one of next years 4th rounders if a cornerback they like is still there. I would love to see the 49ers find a way to get Perrish Cox. He is a bit immature but I think he is as talented as some of the first round corners that went.

I'd love to have Cox as well, he's like a baby Dre Bly... and I assume we'll either go after him or re-sign Dre Bly after the draft.

Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
For Manny Lawson!

If there's somebody left in the 4th we absolutely think could be a 1st day/mid-season starter:

SD's 4th (2011), Manny Lawson (or both) for Washington's 103rd.

It would make sense since the Skins are now running a pure 3-4-based defense, and it would put us in front of Philly (who's looking to nab the best 4th round CB).

Originally posted by 23zack80:
I think the 49ers will trade into the 5th with one of next years 4th rounders if a cornerback they like is still there. I would love to see the 49ers find a way to get Perrish Cox. He is a bit immature but I think he is as talented as some of the first round corners that went.

I'd love to have Cox as well, he's like a baby Dre Bly... and I assume we'll either go after him or re-sign Dre Bly after the draft.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Doubt anyone would want a par of 6 rounders in exchange for a 4th. We'd probably have to give up a 3rd rounder in 2011 to get back into the 4th (and that's not going to happen).

I wouldn't trade a 3rd rounder next year. No way. We already had a good draft. Just let it fall to us now.
Some mod delete the previous post please from Ahab.
There is freaking legit 2nd round talent still available.

I want 2 high to mid 4th rounders, I would trade a future 3rd, 4th, two of our 6ths, veterans such as Michael Lewis (expendable since we have Mays and Reggis Smith) and Baas to get them. I doubt we are going to find the kind of talent next year in the 3rd or 4th rounds that we can right now in this years draft. If ever there was a time to trade future picks, this is it imo.

I wouldn't trade Lawson though....that would be crazy. That would leave us woefully thin at OLB.
finally somebody who aint Manny bashin. He is not expendable and would be dearly missed if gone . with that said i think a trade for Cox or even Cambell (or both)could put a hearty exclamation point on a very productive draft
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
finally somebody who aint Manny bashin. He is not expendable and would be dearly missed if gone . with that said i think a trade for Cox or even Cambell (or both)could put a hearty exclamation point on a very productive draft

I wouldn't mind trading Baas or Lewis. However, Manny had a great season last year, no reason to trade him, haters just hating.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Our 4th round pick next year and both tradeable 6th's this year.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

This.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Yep, that is the ticket to grab a CB today. Nice thought and here's hoping that baalke is thinking the same way

Something I keep thinking about is how few spots we have available to a late-round rookie. I think packaging what we currently have and consolidating them for fewer higher-round picks (4th/5th rounders) would make the most sense.

I think we need a CB with return skills most of all. God forbid Ginn gets hurt. Also, we need a legit backup NT. If we only filled these 2 spots and had no more picks, I'd be just happy.
They will use that 4 next year or a couple sixths and get their CB. There are still a few 3rd round talents out there that they must be excited about.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
They will use that 4 next year or a couple sixths and get their CB. There are still a few 3rd round talents out there that they must be excited about.

I sure hope so. This will be a boring day for quite a while if they don't.
Originally posted by Niners23:
I think there are still some very good players left in the 4th round, including Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Perrish Cox, Everson Griffen, Al Woods, Cam Thomas and others. If we wanted to trade into the top of the 4th, we could give next year's 3rd and one of this year's 6th, or next year's 4th and this year's 6th if we wanted near the bottom of the 4th.

Considering this is one of the deepest drafts in years, I would have no issue doing this, what do you guys think?

Yes -- we CAN do it. By packaging the 2011 4th rounder we got from the chargers and both tradeable 6th rounders, we can move into the 4th.

Future picks are worth about 1/2 of present value, and our 6th rounders are worth about 40 points. So, we have about 70 - 80 points of trade ammo.

That means we can move up for a mid-to-late 4th.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Niners23:
I think there are still some very good players left in the 4th round, including Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Perrish Cox, Everson Griffen, Al Woods, Cam Thomas and others. If we wanted to trade into the top of the 4th, we could give next year's 3rd and one of this year's 6th, or next year's 4th and this year's 6th if we wanted near the bottom of the 4th.

Considering this is one of the deepest drafts in years, I would have no issue doing this, what do you guys think?

Yes -- we CAN do it. By packaging the 2011 4th rounder we got from the chargers and both tradeable 6th rounders, we can move into the 4th.

Future picks are worth about 1/2 of present value, and our 6th rounders are worth about 40 points. So, we have about 70 - 80 points of trade ammo.

That means we can move up for a mid-to-late 4th.

4th round is looking increasingly unlikely. Hoe about retitling the thread to the 5th!
Share 49ersWebzone