NFC West draft

Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by TheyHate2LuvMe:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
i still believe niners should have taken Dez Bryant with the 17th pick

Have you seen the way our OG's played the last few years?

yes, but it is munch easier to find a G, than it is to find a WR like Bryant, especially with the 17th pick. him, crabs, and VD would make the best tandem for years and years to come. and he streches the field

meh bad ass Receiver are coming out ever year and besides we needed a guard more than a wr.

my point is I think we woulda got a lot more value with Bryant. And the bad part about upati(or however you spell his name) is that he can't pass block. Great run blocker tho

plus how does a wr like that come out every year? This guy is suppose to the best WR prosepect since Calvin Johnson. And we could landed him at 17!

Lol really now? I don't think he is that good. We don't need another reciever yet. It just doesn't make sense. His value is low for us.

just wait man. Your gunna look back at this in a couple Years and wish we would have drafted him. He would have been a steal that late. And the worst part is he's a cowboy.

yes, but it is munch easier to find a G, than it is to find a WR like Bryant, especially with the 17th pick. him, crabs, and VD would make the best tandem for years and years to come. and he streches the field

meh bad ass Receiver are coming out ever year and besides we needed a guard more than a wr.

my point is I think we woulda got a lot more value with Bryant. And the bad part about upati(or however you spell his name) is that he can't pass block. Great run blocker tho

plus how does a wr like that come out every year? This guy is suppose to the best WR prosepect since Calvin Johnson. And we could landed him at 17!

Lol really now? I don't think he is that good. We don't need another reciever yet. It just doesn't make sense. His value is low for us.

just wait man. Your gunna look back at this in a couple Years and wish we would have drafted him. He would have been a steal that late. And the worst part is he's a cowboy.

I hate the cowboys, Now I hate him, I'm happy with the oline pics b/c our oline has been bad for so long I'm just happy we finally adressed it. It's way past due. We can live without a stud receiver in my eyes b/c I believe crabtree will be special. regardless I think it's easier to find stud recievers easier than it is to fix oline issues.

I hate the cowboys, Now I hate him, I'm happy with the oline pics b/c our oline has been bad for so long I'm just happy we finally adressed it. It's way past due. We can live without a stud receiver in my eyes b/c I believe crabtree will be special. regardless I think it's easier to find stud recievers easier than it is to fix oline issues.

I have to disagree with the last part. But I do still love the picks. Let's hope they are not busts

I have to disagree with the last part. But I do still love the picks. Let's hope they are not busts

Agreed. If we didn't have VD or Crabtree I would agree with you on taking Dez Bryant. The Offensive Line was just to thin and weak for me to be comfortable.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

It's not easy to find a Guard like Iupati.

much easier than finding a WR like Bryant. Plus Upati reminds me a lot of Kwame Harris. Solid Run blocker, but can't pass block And tends to hold a lot. Let's hope ok wrong

He pass blocks fine. They were trying stuff with him out of his natural position at the Senior Bowl. Like play Tackle. He is a GUARD! At his natural position where he is comfortable he blocks fine. And he is no ordinary Guard. He is extraordinary.

There is a WR every year like Bryant in the draft. And we just picked a WR last year if you remember. And Crabtree was superior at least at the College level to Bryant. Plus we still have VD. We need O Line more than playmakers.

recievers like Bryant defintely don't come out every year. I belive he will turn out better than crabs. And it's true we needed a G more. But we shoulda taken the best player available there. And taken a G in the 3rd.

just wait and see how much you love Iupati when Gore goes buck wild this year. a guard like iupati doesnt come along everyday. at the senior bowl they had him playing all over the line so he struggled a little but at guard there is no one better. we needed a guard and we took the best available guard. Bryant is not a better prospect than crabtree dude. crabs in two years at Texas Tech had 41 TDs, 231 receptions and 3127 yards. and those were the 1st two years he ever played receiver. he is nowhere near as good as crabtree was in school. Crabtree will light it up this year. in two years and some change Bryant had 29 TD's, 147 receptions and 2425 yards. crabs was open more as the almost 100 extra receptions and extra yardage and TD's show. we needed a TD threat, and crabtree is just that. youll see how our offense clicks with a good oline.

don't get me wrong, I still think lupati was a great pick. We just instantly upgraded our line. I just think drafting Bryant would have given us one of the best passing offenses in the league sometime in the next few years. And if smith struggles it would be an offenses that Any QB could easily be a success in. Unlike when we first brought in smith and his best WR was Lloyd. Lol. That being said I think gore will have a breakout year. If he doesn't, than his time is done.

see thats the beauty of this draft. i think smith will be just fine, but if for some reason he doesnt, the team is plug and play for a new QB to come in and succeed. at WR we are pretty good i think and we'll probably add another receiver tomorrow. i think we have good firepower with crabs, VD, gore, morgan, hill, ginn and jones. the problem was timing and lack of protection for the QB. hopefully a year in the same offense for everyone and 660lbs of 1st round linemen can help fix that

yah I agree. Do you know what we for in return for tradin our pick to SD? Cuz I really wish we would have drafted MCCoy.

we got their 3rd that we took bowman with, a 6th this year and a 4th next year i believe. mccoy woulda been cool but i think sing believes in smith and for good reason. besides, next year is supposedly a great year for QB's so maybe theyre waiting on that IF smith doesnt pan out. maddog or another one of you draft gurus, which QBs are likely to come out next year?

It's not easy to find a Guard like Iupati.

much easier than finding a WR like Bryant. Plus Upati reminds me a lot of Kwame Harris. Solid Run blocker, but can't pass block And tends to hold a lot. Let's hope ok wrong

He pass blocks fine. They were trying stuff with him out of his natural position at the Senior Bowl. Like play Tackle. He is a GUARD! At his natural position where he is comfortable he blocks fine. And he is no ordinary Guard. He is extraordinary.

There is a WR every year like Bryant in the draft. And we just picked a WR last year if you remember. And Crabtree was superior at least at the College level to Bryant. Plus we still have VD. We need O Line more than playmakers.

recievers like Bryant defintely don't come out every year. I belive he will turn out better than crabs. And it's true we needed a G more. But we shoulda taken the best player available there. And taken a G in the 3rd.

just wait and see how much you love Iupati when Gore goes buck wild this year. a guard like iupati doesnt come along everyday. at the senior bowl they had him playing all over the line so he struggled a little but at guard there is no one better. we needed a guard and we took the best available guard. Bryant is not a better prospect than crabtree dude. crabs in two years at Texas Tech had 41 TDs, 231 receptions and 3127 yards. and those were the 1st two years he ever played receiver. he is nowhere near as good as crabtree was in school. Crabtree will light it up this year. in two years and some change Bryant had 29 TD's, 147 receptions and 2425 yards. crabs was open more as the almost 100 extra receptions and extra yardage and TD's show. we needed a TD threat, and crabtree is just that. youll see how our offense clicks with a good oline.

don't get me wrong, I still think lupati was a great pick. We just instantly upgraded our line. I just think drafting Bryant would have given us one of the best passing offenses in the league sometime in the next few years. And if smith struggles it would be an offenses that Any QB could easily be a success in. Unlike when we first brought in smith and his best WR was Lloyd. Lol. That being said I think gore will have a breakout year. If he doesn't, than his time is done.

see thats the beauty of this draft. i think smith will be just fine, but if for some reason he doesnt, the team is plug and play for a new QB to come in and succeed. at WR we are pretty good i think and we'll probably add another receiver tomorrow. i think we have good firepower with crabs, VD, gore, morgan, hill, ginn and jones. the problem was timing and lack of protection for the QB. hopefully a year in the same offense for everyone and 660lbs of 1st round linemen can help fix that

yah I agree. Do you know what we for in return for tradin our pick to SD? Cuz I really wish we would have drafted MCCoy.

we got their 3rd that we took bowman with, a 6th this year and a 4th next year i believe. mccoy woulda been cool but i think sing believes in smith and for good reason. besides, next year is supposedly a great year for QB's so maybe theyre waiting on that IF smith doesnt pan out. maddog or another one of you draft gurus, which QBs are likely to come out next year?

I have no idea. I'm happy we got a 4th rounder though.
Bryant can't run as smooth of routes as Crabtree. Besides, you can't get everyone the ball...especially if the QB is on his back.
Share 49ersWebzone