LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 173 users in the forums

NFC West draft

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by b9er37:
We got more players and I believe all 4 will contribute day 1. Seatle may have the "sexy" picks but we got tough guys who will compliment the stars we already have.

Exactly, a lot of people are missing the biggest point/key to our draft. We're already a playoff potential team favored to win the NFC West, and we just beefed up some important spots to take the next step. So for that, I give us a solid A.

We're ready to take the West while the other teams in our division are simply ready for year 2 of reconstruction.

Great points Kurt Russell! I agree 100%

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
A look at what our division rivals have done

49ers
1. Anthony Davis OT
1. Mike Iupati OG
2. Taylor Mays S
3. Navorro Bowman LB
5. Ted Ginn Jr WR

Cardinals
1. Dan Williams NT
2. Daryl Washington LB
3. Andre Roberts WR

Seahawks
1. Russel Okung OT
1. Earl Thomas S
2. Golden Tate WR

Rams
1. Sam Bradford QB
2. Rodger Saffold OT
3. Jerome Murphy CB

Fixed
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
The Rams get an F for taking a quarterback number one overall. Sam Bradford is going to do the same thing for the Rams that Alex Smith did for the 49ers which is nothing. He may turn into a decent quarterback in six years but he will miss two or three of those seasons just like Alex has because of injuries. We all saw how far these "elite" quarterbacks fell(25, 48, 85) because they are all average at best, including Bradford. The Rams have made the mistake the 49ers did of reaching on a player because of the position he plays. I'm happy they did it, but it will be terrible for their win-loss column over the next five years.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
The Rams get an F for taking a quarterback number one overall. Sam Bradford is going to do the same thing for the Rams that Alex Smith did for the 49ers which is nothing. He may turn into a decent quarterback in six years but he will miss two or three of those seasons just like Alex has because of injuries. We all saw how far these "elite" quarterbacks fell(25, 48, 85) because they are all average at best, including Bradford. The Rams have made the mistake the 49ers did of reaching on a player because of the position he plays. I'm happy they did it, but it will be terrible for their win-loss column over the next five years.

i wouldnt say that bradford is older and a little more mature than when alex came out also his o line is much better however like alex he has no one to throw to but he should make more of an impact than alex did at a sooner time

You don't need time in the pocket if you have perfect accuracy, you just throw people open. There is always at least a foot or two of space to fit the ball in, and Bradford has uncanny Aikmen-like accuracy.

Ask the Falcons or the Vikings how important a good accurate quarterback is.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
1.) Seattle - A
1.) St. Louis - A
3.) San Francisco - B+
4.) Arizona - B

I can't lie I think the Seahawks did really well. But I honestly think we did better overall. I like our draft better but that's just a personal opinion.
i still believe niners should have taken Dez Bryant with the 17th pick
SF+Seattle=A
STL=B
AZ=C
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

i wouldnt say that bradford is older and a little more mature than when alex came out also his o line is much better however like alex he has no one to throw to but he should make more of an impact than alex did at a sooner time

There offensive line has been terrible. Do you remember what the 49ers did to them last year? I like the potential of their tackles but they are extremely weak at both guard positions and young on the outside.
Originally posted by TheyHate2LuvMe:
i still believe niners should have taken Dez Bryant with the 17th pick

Have you seen the way our OG's played the last few years?

Originally posted by teeohh:
A look at what our division rivals have done

49ers
1. Anthony Davis OT
1. Mike Iupati OG
2. Taylor Mays S
3. Navorro Bowman LB

Cardinals
1. Dan Williams NT
2. Daryl Washington LB
3. Andre Roberts WR

Seahawks
1. Russel Okung OT
1. Earl Thomas S
2. Golden Tate WR

Rams
1. Sam Bradford QB
2. Rodger Saffold OT
3. Jerome Murphy CB

Niners:B+
Trading up two spots to get Anthony Davis was questionable but I think they wanted who they thought was the best so they made sure they got him. They want the best OL in the league so the they traded up to get their guy and then got the punishing Iupati. Two picks that might make up the best NFL OL in the future. Taylor Mays could be a home run but we'll have to be patient, freakish athlete that will take time to develop worth taking a chance on and BPA at the time. With Everson Griffin hangin around, we took Navarro Bowman. Bowmans got the character to be great but needs to develop in athleticism and knowledge. Were still waiting on Balmer to impact the DL so best LB available fit our need.
Cards:C-
Solid pick with Dan Williams. Daryl Washington could be hit or miss coming from TCU as I got the impression there weren't can't miss players on that team but just a good team. They might have tried to fill Boldins shoes with Andre Roberts but I highly doubt it. And the Cards stock falls even harder in this improving division.
Hawks:A-
This seems to be a good draft for teams that didn't finish well in 2009. The Hawks had Okung and Earl Thomas fall right into their lap because of other teams needs which both will probably be great picks in the future. Golden Tate has value at Wr and special teams but the Hawks are rebuilding, so anybody they picked could've sounded like a great draft pick.
Rams:B-
QB's early with not alot of talent surrounding them rarely impact a team. A pair of questionable yet talented players; OT and CB may or may not help this team by the time they think about making a run at any type of winning record but these are all solid picks. They made an attempt at building around a QB with great skills.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

There offensive line has been terrible. Do you remember what the 49ers did to them last year? I like the potential of their tackles but they are extremely weak at both guard positions and young on the outside.

Yeah we got like 25% of our sacks last season in our last game vs them, and like 1/3 of our sacks vs the Rams total. They have a horrible and talentless OLine aside from Jason Smith. Plus they have no recievers. Bradford is going to get pwned.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
1.) Seattle - A
1.) St. Louis - A
3.) San Francisco - B+
4.) Arizona - B

I can't lie I think the Seahawks did really well. But I honestly think we did better overall. I like our draft better but that's just a personal opinion.

I was just trying to not be such a homer. But the more I think about Mays, the more I like him as a player.

You bring up a point that I think someone during the draft or even before the draft said on espn. Something along the lines of if the Rams don't have that pick, Bradford doesn't go #1 or that high, something like that.
Seattle A
49ers B-
Arizona B-
St Louis B+

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone