LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

SI's 2nd Round Mock

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by ramanz16:
He's my 'fun' pick, defense is a priority but if he's there and we take him I will definitely be happy with that.

That's funny, because at the end of the season, it was obvious we needed OFFENSIVE help. Somewhere from then to now, tge beat writers and other media convinced people we need defensive help instead. Have we forgotten how the offense looked?

Our defense is a good unit. The problem is, as with every unit, they get worn out by being on the field longer than they should be due to our 3-and-out offensive scheme.

Im not opposed to taking a defender, but right now we can't ignore the offense just because we addressed the line in round 1. If McCluster is the guy that will help us most, WE NEED TO TAKE HIM.

the defense is a good unit but its getting old. M. Lewis, Clements, Spikes all 3 are starters that we need to find replacements for

Agreed, but if McCluster will help us the most, and i believe he would, we need to take him. They brought in McKillop to take over for Spikes, Tarell Brown was drafted to someday take over at CB and a stop-gap SS can easilt be picked up until next season, when we can look at safety help in the draft or free agency.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's my 'fun' pick, defense is a priority but if he's there and we take him I will definitely be happy with that.

That's funny, because at the end of the season, it was obvious we needed OFFENSIVE help. Somewhere from then to now, tge beat writers and other media convinced people we need defensive help instead. Have we forgotten how the offense looked?

Our defense is a good unit. The problem is, as with every unit, they get worn out by being on the field longer than they should be due to our 3-and-out offensive scheme.

Im not opposed to taking a defender, but right now we can't ignore the offense just because we addressed the line in round 1. If McCluster is the guy that will help us most, WE NEED TO TAKE HIM.

the defense is a good unit but its getting old. M. Lewis, Clements, Spikes all 3 are starters that we need to find replacements for

Agreed, but if McCluster will help us the most, and i believe he would, we need to take him. They brought in McKillop to take over for Spikes, Tarell Brown was drafted to someday take over at CB and a stop-gap SS can easilt be picked up until next season, when we can look at safety help in the draft or free agency.

Obviously the niners dont see those dudes as being potential starters.
Originally posted by susweel:

This.

They tried T. Brown as a starter and proceeded to get burnt, he is solid as a nickel back but not a starter
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by fan49:
Taylor Mays!!!!! we didnt all like him as a first, but hes avai. now

If Pete Carroll passes on Taylor Mays for Earl Thomas... id think that would be a big red flag on him

while i think your point has some merit to it, carroll taking thomas means he didnt want to take mays in the at 14, second round is a whole new ballgame not to mention mays is a strong saftey and thomas is a free saftey, cant wait for vernon davis to run over thomas like brandon jacobs punked laron landry couple years ago

This.

They tried T. Brown as a starter and proceeded to get burnt, he is solid as a nickel back but not a starter

Maybe T. Brown is obvious, but how is McKillop?

Any way you look at it, we can wait to take a secondary player next year if another player helps us more this year. All the guys mentioned will be with the team until then.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I can dig going defense with the 3rd and then late picks if there is a real good offensive player at 49
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Joe McKnight RB out of USC would be a good choice.
TOBY!

• Shifty
  • Veteran

In the 3rd round
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

In the 3rd round

Dont think he will last until the 3rd.

• Shifty
  • Veteran

In the 3rd round

McKnight? I didn't realize he was thought of so highly
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by TX9R:

That's where the trade screwed us, we could have had Spikes in the 4th. As far as safety, we've drafted quite a few, maybe Smith or Taylor is the plan?

Taylor Mays... Ithink it be a great pick our d would be scary to play with will spikes, dashon, mays, and of coarse willis

No, he sucks. I was talking about Curtis Taylor who is already on the roster. I don't think S is as high a priority as CB or pass rusher.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

In the 3rd round

McKnight? I didn't realize he was thought of so highly

Maybe he is not, maybe its just me.................
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
TOBY!

What a waste of a pick that would be.
Originally posted by MrOrange:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I prefer defense

yeaahhh....I agree. Unless the 9ers feel that McCluster (or whomever is there) is significantly better, they should focus on Defense.

This
Share 49ersWebzone