What Safety do You want now???

What Safety do You want now???

Mays is Sing's pick IMO.

He is physical with a "F". Just hope that is not his playing grade
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by fan49:
coverage skills..... please, if we get mays that is one ronnie lott approved d. recievers would get lit up. they would be hearin foot steps every time

HOW DARE YOU compare him to Lott!

Lott could cover WR, his hips weren't stiff and could transition easily! Remember Flipper Anderson? I got it I got it- and super Lott comes flying in swats the ball in the NFC championship game! Mays would probably just hit him and Flip might caught the ball still. I say this cause he does not have PD in his stats

Lott also made the pro bowl as a corner back.
I've been pushing for Major Wright since the end of the college season so he's my pick in the 3rd round. Burnett or Nate Allen in the 2nd. Even Taylor Mays doesn't sound bad at #49. Even Reshad Jones

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by fan49:
coverage skills..... please, if we get mays that is one ronnie lott approved d. recievers would get lit up. they would be hearin foot steps every time

HOW DARE YOU compare him to Lott!

Lott could cover WR, his hips weren't stiff and could transition easily! Remember Flipper Anderson? I got it I got it- and super Lott comes flying in swats the ball in the NFC championship game! Mays would probably just hit him and Flip might caught the ball still. I say this cause he does not have PD in his stats

Mays runs faster than most people on the field. To say he cant make a play on the ball is just ridiculos. I live in LA and scheme has alot to do with the Mays bashing. They used him more as an in the box safety. With a little coaching he can be pro bowl calibur IMO. I will tell you one thing though. He is better than Micheal Lewis right now and he hasnt even played a down yet.
Allen is the best cover safety in the draft, so he'd be my first choice off the board right now, of any player remaining. Team captain, one of the stars of the Senior Bowl week. Experienced.

Burnett's change of direction is terrific and he covers a LOT of ground. A really smart player

Mays has all the physical tools, but has a TON of issues. Below average football instincts, prone to take bad angles, and poor judgment on when to hit and when to wrap up tacklers. I wouldn't even look at Mays until the 4th round...as a SS (and we don't even have that pick anymore). I have chronicled many of these issues the past two years, and scouts/coaches obviously agree, as a guy who posts these outrageous speed numbers at the combine should be a mid-first round lock.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 23, 2010 at 11:51 AM ]
There's so many good safeties available, one of them will fall to us, and I'd be fine with any of them.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Robert Johnson, S, Utah
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Robert Johnson, S, Utah

I'd pick him up with one of our 6ths....if he is still there, which he very well could be
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
anyone than taylor freaking mays
Darrell Stuckey Safety Kansas in the 6th round!

I am an SC fan.

Don't want Mays.
I'd sacrifice my pinky before seeing us draft Taylor Mays. NATE ALLEN!!!!!!!!
Mark Roman is better in coverage than Mays! Yea, thats right.

I think they both have just as many INTs (which isnt many)
WTF? Where is Reshad Jones in this list. Better than Chad Jones for sure.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Morgan Burnett...he is going to be a stud. If I've to compare him to a young NFL safety, he reminds me of a smarter and more athletic version of Dashon Goldson. He is like Dashon Goldson 2.0 (new and improved)
Share 49ersWebzone