LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

So after the first day...what do you think of the new draft format?

I always loved rolling out of bed and turning on ESPN or going to a draft party on Saturday morning, and I was a little irritated that I had to record the first part of the first round and watch it when I got home from work.

That being said, I ended up liking the new format. I think that it gives teams time to regroup after the 1st Round, and I think you're going to see a lot of trades today due to the fact that teams were able to work the phones over the last 12 hours.

Thoughts?
Don't like it. It was a weekend thing
Originally posted by English:
I actually liked it. I didnt think i was going to but its a pretty good move.
I liked it, spreading it out over 3 days = win for me. I can't justify spending ALL weekend in front of the TV, BUT A few hours last night and tonight are great and Saturday can be a, if I don't have anything better to do, I'll watch the tail end of the draft.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I actually liked it. I didnt think i was going to but its a pretty good move.
I don't like not being able to watch it. If I lived on the east coast I'd probably love it.
Mixed. I liked having a 3 day work week but don't like using vacation time.

Love it. Now it leaves my days, especially a weekend day, free to be able to go out and actually do things . . . rather than be a couch potato. Not me.
I love primetime drama. I never liked waking up early on a Saturday for an all day marathon.
I was ready for the 2nd round really
Originally posted by WINiner:

this.

But I think LA makes a good point about the regrouping for the 2nd round. I'll withhold judgment until tonight to see what happens. What this format will probably do is make the 2nd round much more important than it has been in the past, and we'll see, in the long run, if thats good or bad.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

I was at work, trying not to react.
Share 49ersWebzone