There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Nick's 2nd Round Mock of What's Left After Day 1 (4/23) (49ers Take Mays)

Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I want Mays but i dont think he lasts until pick 49.

I think the Vikings grab him with the 2nd pick

The Vikes can get their QB of the future.

Personally, I think there is going to be a sh*tload of trades at the top of the 2nd; people have a whole day to set up trades.

I read the Vikings and Rams are looking to move back.

We dont have the firepower to move up unless we cna throw in some picks from next year but i dont think that would be a good idea

If we give up our 3rd I'm sure that will get it done.

no not worth it

then you give up another need

if teams are dumb enough to let Mays slip then sure

I'm sure he will be gone

If Allen in there take him and find a pass rusher in the 3rd

If Allen is gone take Misi and find a S in the 3rd

championship

Yeah we need to keep the 2nd and 3rd round picks from this year.

I wouldnt mind if we could get a 4th rounder or even another 3rd rounder.

Maybe Lawson and a pick coudl get that done
Mays wont last till out pick. Giants wont take DT.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I want Kindle to fall. Don't touch Mays

Kindle falling is my dream, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm not even attempting to predict what happens tonight though, because the only predication I have that I'm confident in is that early trades are going to blow up any mocks we see today.

Kindle would be the best pick we could make, but there are a lot of teams ahead of us targeting that position.

Pats pick twice, and it's possible the Bills or Browns could take him. we can dream though and if folks trade up to grab Mccoy and Clausen that pushes 2 guys down further. Hopefully the Pats trade out for an extra 3rd or something. If he's off the board I think they will pick a CB or SS. I wouldn't mind Misi either. I would like so see Nate Allen fall also. A lot of talent out there.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Mays wont last till out pick. Giants wont take DT.

Many have DT as the Giants #1 need in the entire draft. Only a few weeks ago, many mocks had them getting Brian Price at #15.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I want Kindle to fall. Don't touch Mays

Kindle falling is my dream, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm not even attempting to predict what happens tonight though, because the only predication I have that I'm confident in is that early trades are going to blow up any mocks we see today.

Kindle would be the best pick we could make, but there are a lot of teams ahead of us targeting that position.

Pats pick twice, and it's possible the Bills or Browns could take him. we can dream though and if folks trade up to grab Mccoy and Clausen that pushes 2 guys down further. Hopefully the Pats trade out for an extra 3rd or something. If he's off the board I think they will pick a CB or SS. I wouldn't mind Misi either. I would like so see Nate Allen fall also. A lot of talent out there.

I REALLY like the new format; its like the first round all over again...
Anybody see this my friend just emailed this to me. Explains alot

Appearing on ESPN 101 St. Louis Friday morning, Adam Schefter confirmed that Sergio Kindle fell out of round one due to medical concerns.

"Definite medical issues," Schefter reported. "I've spoken to some teams that have him off their board (entirely)." The latest rumors have Kindle possibly needing microfracture knee surgery, which would knock him out for his entire rookie year. At this point, we'd be surprised if he's drafted in round two.
Originally posted by Indy49er1980:
Last year I wanted the niners to draft dline so the secondary had some help. They can't be asked to cover wideouts like fitz for longer than 15 sec. We didn't draft that position and our dline and linebackers had the best year they have had in a long time. So this year because of the losses of Walt and Dre it is time to improve the secondary. Everyone remembers the Favre prayer right? That is why we need secondary. There is no reason that should of ever happened. Everyone seems to be a Talyor Mays Hater. My question is why? He was a premier talent in college and he dominated the combine. He is a physical freak just like Vernon was coming out of college. He is a huge guy. He is cocky and confident. It's like drafting a faster TO to play safety. He may not live up to the hype but I think we can't take the chance and pass up on the guy. The opportunity to have a dominant safety like Lott after some many years is in our grasp. I also would love to see Kindle in a niner uniform. If we trade away some picks to get these 2 guys I would be the happiest niner fan alive. With the 2 ol and these 2 defensive players there is no doubt we will win the division.

If they could cover him for 10 secs they would be the best CBs in the league (presuming that is a mistype).

Mays would be interesting, he could step in and be a faster stronger Lewis with a massive upside. He could contribute on STs and may even be able to start for 2 downs while we make sure he is comfortable in coverage.

In the end this pick is 50/50 for me, if we take him it means the coaches like him and feel they can get him to produce, since they know a lot more about it than me then I would be ecstatic if they picked him as we would have the makings of a top player.

If we passed on him (assuming he fell to us) then I would not worry too much as it seems the coaches saw something they didn't like and I have faith, for now, in our (and every team that has passed on him) coaching set up.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Anybody see this my friend just emailed this to me. Explains alot

Appearing on ESPN 101 St. Louis Friday morning, Adam Schefter confirmed that Sergio Kindle fell out of round one due to medical concerns.

"Definite medical issues," Schefter reported. "I've spoken to some teams that have him off their board (entirely)." The latest rumors have Kindle possibly needing microfracture knee surgery, which would knock him out for his entire rookie year. At this point, we'd be surprised if he's drafted in round two.

I dont want Kindle no more
My 2nd round wishlist:

1. Mays
2. Kindle
3. Cody
I like me some Brian Price. But we have bigger needs.

I'm a bit weary of Mays simply because Goldson loves to hit as well as Mays, if both try to lay the big hit and miss, its six to the house. I rather have someone better in coverage as well as being able to lay the lumber like R. Jones