There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade-Up in 2nd Round a Possibility?

Back to the subject... don't know if we have the ammo to get up to trade for Kindle or Mays unless we give up a 3rd round pick. We don't have a 4th or 5th. We could use picks from next year but I don't think it is worth it to give up a 3rd to move up say 10 spots in the 2nd. It might be on the trade value chart (will have to look it up) but we really need that 3rd rounder because of not having a 4th or 5th.
  • yummy12
  • Info N/A
I don't see us trading up. I can see us trading down though...
There's around 10 fringe first round talents still on the board. Given the teams that will reach for need I don't think it'll be necessary. Looks like the phones are heating up for that 33rd pick (Clausen or MccCoy)

Adam Schefter:
Filed to ESPN: Bills and Browns have contacted the Rams about trading for the No. 33 pick. Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy in play.
We have no more picks to give up and move up anymore. Although there are some good Safetys still on the board and IMO a lot of them will be gone by #49. So it's tempting. But what do you give up unless you give up something from next year which is not always advisable. Next year can be a good player also.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
What would we trade to trade up? Picks for next year? I mean nobody's going to take our 6th or 7th. Lawson maybe, but I'd prefer to use him on another pick. BTW Where do you guys hear that Sing loves Mays? I'm not a huge fan of Mays honestly, I want Chad or Reshad Jones instead. I'd be happy with Kindle though. I think we might have a chance to land Nate Allen at 49.

David Baas, Jason Hill or Brandon Jones.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
taylor mays ss from usc or sirgio kindle olb texas or brandon spikes mlb gators my favorite is taylor mays fastest safety at combine huge hitter reminds me of lott he goes with the 49ers theme physical with f like iupati and davis extremely physical and mark roman sucks and michael lewis is one concussion away from retirement and slow as hell only 75 speed on madden 10 we need speed in secondary ask roddy white and desean jackson who burned our whole secondary last year also dont forget how rb chris johnson ran wild on us last year too much speed

Punctuation? Paragraphs?

Don't be trite. Both have become obsolete in today's world.
They could give up a first next year, just like Carolina did with us. If they think someone is worth it, and could be a starter at some point this season or next, then I support it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Damn that means we would have to give up our 3rd to move up....nah not worth it. Lots of fallen talent in the 2nd, better to stay put.
We don't have the ammo to move up. We have 625 or so points on the traditional draft value chart (655 on the modified chart), So we don't have the ammo to move up without sacrificing the 3rd.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
We don't have the ammo to move up. We have 625 or so points on the traditional draft value chart (655 on the modified chart), So we don't have the ammo to move up without sacrificing the 3rd.

Could always trade a 2nd next year, not that I'd want to do that but it is an option
  • LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Nah McCluster will still be there at #49

mccluster in the 2nd round?? hell no
Originally posted by teeohh:
They could give up a first next year, just like Carolina did with us. If they think someone is worth it, and could be a starter at some point this season or next, then I support it.

HELL NO! I always think the worst thing a team can do is to give up a future first for a 2nd rd pick.
I'm Confident We'll land our guy in the 2nd

Looking at the 2nd round, there is so much talent still on the board that we're almost certain to get a guy we highly covet.

We're 17 picks in, and most of the Top 17 still on the board are at positions we're no longer targeting:

(2) QBs
(3) OL (Brown, Saffold, Campbell)
(1) TE
(1) 4-3 DE
(2) WR

So, we'll be able to land one of the following at 49:

NT Terrence Cody
S Nate Allen
CB Cook
OLB Kindle
NT Joseph
DE Misi
S Chad Jones
S Taylor Mays
S Reshad Jones
RB McCluster
S Burnett
CB Murphy

We've gotta worry about other teams trading up though.
49ers have already targeted a player in the 2nd round in the defensive side which they believe will be starter for the organization. 49ers are ready to move up to acquire the player.
[ Edited by red42x on Apr 23, 2010 at 12:11 PM ]
I just saw on ESPN that we know who we want and don't be surprised if we move up