There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Clausen

Originally posted by bigfan:
so lets say we do get clausen...

would everyone hating on him in here give him a chance or just automatically throw up and stop being a niner fan all together?

Id throw up but id never stop being a niner fan.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

would everyone hating on him in here give him a chance or just automatically throw up and stop being a niner fan all together?

If he's there at #49, it may be worth the pick, but that means Nate Davis gets cut. No big deal for me, as I have no love or hate for Davis. I just don't think he'll be there at #49.

i don't hate the kid, I just don't want to mortgage the draft for him. I'm an Irish fan, so I think he has skills, but there are other needs in my opinion.

They would probably do the same thing the Anti-Smith brigade do.

Not stop being a fan but turn every thread into an epic moan about Smith.
  • bigfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by CRH49:

If he's there at #49, it may be worth the pick, but that means Nate Davis gets cut. No big deal for me, as I have no love or hate for Davis. I just don't think he'll be there at #49.

i don't hate the kid, I just don't want to mortgage the draft for him. I'm an Irish fan, so I think he has skills, but there are other needs in my opinion.

this is pretty much my opinion on it..
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:

They would probably do the same thing the Anti-Smith brigade do.

Not stop being a fan but turn every thread into an epic moan about Smith.

if Claussen produced 5 years of Tim-Couch/Alex Smith like results, then I think such epic moaning would be well deserved. We need to trade up to get this guy. I'm tired of mediocrity and Alexcuses.
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Originally posted by communist:
you dont have to tell it to me...tell it the other guys, who dont understand that 1)we cant keep three rookies whole season and 2)we cant keep 4 quarterbacks.
so, i dont understand why some guys still argue about clausen/niners...could you stop that plz?

You'd really want to keep Carr? Why? He's useless. Smith/Clausen/Davis.
can you spell "experience"??? you dont know anything...little kiddie.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
you dont have to tell it to me...tell it the other guys, who dont understand that 1)we cant keep three rookies whole season and 2)we cant keep 4 quarterbacks.
so, i dont understand why some guys still argue about clausen/niners...could you stop that plz?

You'd really want to keep Carr? Why? He's useless. Smith/Clausen/Davis.
can you spell "experience"??? you dont know anything...little kiddie.

E-x-p-e-r-i-e-n-c-e.

Please, don't insult my intelligence while I made no personal attacks on you. I am simply saying that I believe that no QB we have on our roster is going to be the long term answer. We can hope and pray that Alex is that, but how many more chances can we give this guy while all these QBs in the draft slip by us? IMO, it is the best value to take Clausen in the 2nd. Reason being: His contract wont be that of Bradford's so it will be manageable. Also, Clausen wouldn't start right away. He'd sit and learn behind Smith. If Smith falters, then we put Clausen in there. By all accounts, Clausen is a better prospect than Sanchez coming out last year and the Jets did fine. Granted they had the #1 D and running game, but we have something similar, just not that highly rated. And I am willing to go as far to say that we have better receivers than the Jets had last year. So really, I ask you respectfully, why wouldn't you take Clausen, a chance at a real franchise QB, in a QB driven league?
1)i am sth like a clausen fan and i am still shocked that there are so many franchises who let clausen slip in the 2nd round.
2)smith had never such a big chance...every year another system and then the injuries. now he had a solid season behind a s**tty o-line with a decent running game, at the most. crabtree, a total rookie and vernon davis as the only reliable receivers...yes, i know what you wanna say. let us take clause as insurance if smith fails and let smith play another year.
but i dont wanna see a half-rookie and two full rookies as backups in our roster.
I don't think we are picking a QB in 2nd round. We already have 3 and I'm sure they can extend Alex contract if he preforms well. I think the 49ers will select defence in the 2nd round. Unless ofcourse Clausen falls to the 3rd round.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
1)i am sth like a clausen fan and i am still shocked that there are so many franchises who let clausen slip in the 2nd round.
2)smith had never such a big chance...every year another system and then the injuries. now he had a solid season behind a s**tty o-line with a decent running game, at the most. crabtree, a total rookie and vernon davis as the only reliable receivers...yes, i know what you wanna say. let us take clause as insurance if smith fails and let smith play another year.
but i dont wanna see a half-rookie and two full rookies as backups in our roster.

They have to learn sometime don't they? Why not see what we have before writing them off? Matt Ryan was a rookie once, so was Flacco. They produced. Their teams went to the playoffs in their rookie years. What makes Clausen different?
no thanks
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
No

Yes!
  • billystrong8
  • Info N/A
Lets take him
Originally posted by billystrong8:
Lets take him

Can't!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
JasonLaCanfora

Had Clausen not gone to the Panthers, the 49ers were waiting with open arms.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora