There are 269 users in the forums

Clausen

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Nes49:
We only have pick 49 in round2 right?......We need help in the secondary.

Secondary can wait, Clausen would solve the most important question on our team for the past decade.

Clausen is not the answer, He got passed up for Tim f**king Tebow. Teams that need a Qb passed on this chump

There's a reason why teams consistently passed up the opportunity to select and move up to trade for him.

I think the Vikings pulled a brilliant move with the trade down. They get another day to debate about selecting Clausen, and analyze trade opportunities if others want to select Clausen.

Just because Clausen has experience in a pro offense doesn't mean he's better than others. Bradford was the first pick, and he came from a spread offense.

Teams must have not liked his conduct or style during personal interviews. For some reason, he just gives me a Brady Quinn vibe. Someone who only wants to get to the NFL and not someone who really wants to succeed.

So if Smith prevents us from the playoffs this year where there should be no excuse why we shouldn't make it, you'll be okay with going into 2011 with a rookie QB? Cause if he fails, we're drafting one next year. At least by then, Clausen would have a year under his belt and he's already more pro ready than any QB in the draft. Personality issues you say? WHO IS OUR HEAD COACH!? He'll be put in his place if he does something stupid.

in 2011 we would have david Carr and nate davis with the rookie qb sitting out a year and learning

Well that situation doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about the QB position either.
Originally posted by Yoda_I_Be:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Nes49:
We only have pick 49 in round2 right?......We need help in the secondary.

Secondary can wait, Clausen would solve the most important question on our team for the past decade.

Clausen is not the answer, He got passed up for Tim f**king Tebow. Teams that need a Qb passed on this chump

There's a reason why teams consistently passed up the opportunity to select and move up to trade for him.

I think the Vikings pulled a brilliant move with the trade down. They get another day to debate about selecting Clausen, and analyze trade opportunities if others want to select Clausen.

Just because Clausen has experience in a pro offense doesn't mean he's better than others. Bradford was the first pick, and he came from a spread offense.

Teams must have not liked his conduct or style during personal interviews. For some reason, he just gives me a Brady Quinn vibe. Someone who only wants to get to the NFL and not someone who really wants to succeed.

So if Smith prevents us from the playoffs this year where there should be no excuse why we shouldn't make it, you'll be okay with going into 2011 with a rookie QB? Cause if he fails, we're drafting one next year. At least by then, Clausen would have a year under his belt and he's already more pro ready than any QB in the draft. Personality issues you say? WHO IS OUR HEAD COACH!? He'll be put in his place if he does something stupid.

in 2011 we would have david Carr and nate davis with the rookie qb sitting out a year and learning

Well that situation doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about the QB position either.

I was about to say....and you're okay with that?! 2011 is basically a tanked year then. Even if smith succeeds, we'd have two good QBs in the stable. How many teams can say that? It's a QB driven league, and Clausen is probably more of a franchise qb than Smith. Clausen's production in a pro system is unquestionable. He doesn't choke under pressure either. WHY NOT?! And don't just say "he doesn't look the part." Give me some clear cut reasons why and I will think about them and debate with you.

cuz he sucks
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Alright, looks like you don't have a feasible argument. Clausen should be a niner.
Alright, looks like you don't have a feasible argument. Jake Locker in 2011 should be a niner.

Fixed.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
If GMs really liked Clausen that much dude would've been a first round pick. I don't think a lot of GMs think he's a franchise QB. Just because he's a popular name you all like him. He might be a good player but he doesn't make us better this year.
there are a lot of stupid franchises out there like we have seen yesterday...the vikings made the right move...they could get him in the 2nd and they will, if childless!=clueless
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by j3xperience:
Alright, looks like you don't have a feasible argument. Jake Locker in 2011 should be a niner.

Fixed.

No. That would mean the rookie QB starts. I'd rather have Clausen sit and learn and have him take the reins as soon as we figure out what Smith is all about.
the words pro ready and charlie weiss is why everyone is wonderind why Denver didn't take him.
from who should clausen learn? and who should we fire? the talented davis? the experienced carr?
Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen is expected to be "in the mix" for the 49ers' pick at No. 49 overall.
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that the York ownership family is high on Clausen, even if they didn't love him enough to make him a first-round pick. In related news, ESPN's Michael Smith adds that he believes the Panthers would pass on both Clausen and Colt McCoy at No. 48 overall, increasing the likelihood that the Notre Dame alum could make it to San Francisco.

from rotoworld.com
Originally posted by communist:
from who should clausen learn? and who should we fire? the talented davis? the experienced carr?

You'd have to get rid of Davis, which sucks because I like the guy. But you couldn't enter the season with a slightly unproven Smith, a completely unproven Davis and a rookie.

Unless they though Clausen could start this year. If they believe that, then they could dump Carr.

you dont have to tell it to me...tell it the other guys, who dont understand that 1)we cant keep three rookies whole season and 2)we cant keep 4 quarterbacks.
so, i dont understand why some guys still argue about clausen/niners...could you stop that plz?
Although I like Clausen, I think its better to let Smith play out the year and take a QB in '11 if he fails.

However, if he's there at 49, take him. 2nd round QBs aren't expected to start.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
you dont have to tell it to me...tell it the other guys, who dont understand that 1)we cant keep three rookies whole season and 2)we cant keep 4 quarterbacks.
so, i dont understand why some guys still argue about clausen/niners...could you stop that plz?

You'd really want to keep Carr? Why? He's useless. Smith/Clausen/Davis.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

You'd really want to keep Carr? Why? He's useless. Smith/Clausen/Davis.

You want not one, but TWO rookie QBs as your backups in a year where the team could win the division?

I count Davis a rookie because he was #3 last year and wasn't "given" the whole playbook.
so lets say we do get clausen...

would everyone hating on him in here give him a chance or just automatically throw up and stop being a niner fan all together?
Share 49ersWebzone