LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Clausen

we need starter with picks in 2nd and 3rd round no clausen but i would like colt mccoy in the 3rd round maybe to me he is better than clausen he won many games took texas to national championship and is a accurate as they come
  • flow
  • Veteran
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Morgan Burnett>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jimmy Clausen

Me thinks.

Hell yes, +1. Morgan Burnett or Terrence Cody... maybe even Mays would be the top 3 we should target. I think we can get better CB value with our next pick in rd 3.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
We say Yes to Alex Smith, Nate Davis, and David Carr, but No to Claussen? Come on guys, we need to trade up and nab this guy. You don't pass up on a potential franchise back, esp when you've got one journeyman, one soon-to-be journeyman, and an unproven rookie with a learning disorder holding down the most important position in all of professional sports! Davis can go on the practice squad just before the season starts and he'll probably be OK.
No more Clausen talk, we maxed that out yesterday and if nobody wanted him yesterday that should give a fair clue that we shouldn't reach for him today.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

That's even better than the 'speedo' and 'gay hand' pics.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ramanz16:
No more Clausen talk, we maxed that out yesterday and if nobody wanted him yesterday that should give a fair clue that we shouldn't reach for him today.

I would be willing to bet that even Colt McCoy is more highly rated now than Smith was coming out of college. If we can't get Claussen, I'd like to see us come out of the 2nd round with McCoy. We have no insurance strategy at what is now our weakest position (QB).
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
If we trade up the only name I want to hear is Sergio Kindle.

He's the guy!!! Do it Baalke!!!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:

He fills a need.

Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by vermonator:

He fills a need.

Kindle is hurt and may require season ending surgery

Quote:
Several teams had Kindle off their board due to medical issues, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Chip Brown of Rivals.com writes that Kindle's knee was a "serious" medical risk that could require microfracture surgery.

Kindle also takes medication for narcolepsy and ADD, although we doubt those are major issues. Kindle is known for his football intelligence, but his durability risks was too great for teams to take in the first round.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 23, 2010 at 8:57 AM ]

[ Edited by hungarian9erfan on Apr 23, 2010 at 10:17 AM ]
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:

Originally posted by ramanz16:

But taking him today is not a reach. Taking a QB that some people had rated higher than the #1 overall selected QB, in the 2nd round, is huge value!

I wouldn't trade up for him, but if he is there at #49 we should take him. Alex is on a 1 year contract right now and hasn't proven anything yet. Unless there is someone else there at #49 that we can take that will start this year, its the same as drafting Clausen and having him sit a year.
  • Mex49
lets take a risk on someone that might actually see the field this year.

Our time is now god damn it
Share 49ersWebzone