There are 220 users in the forums

What Would Have McCloughan Done?

I think it's an interesting question. Do you think that Scott would have went with two offensive lineman in the 1st round. I remember McCloughan not being too fond of spending big money on guards and that's exactly what the 49ers will have to do with Iupati.
traded up for Spiller and Bulaga
Jimmy Clausen

and

Taylor Mays

That Drunk

Originally posted by Schulzy:
I think it's an interesting question. Do you think that Scott would have went with two offensive lineman in the 1st round. I remember McCloughan not being too fond of spending big money on guards and that's exactly what the 49ers will have to do with Iupati.

He would not have fixed the O Line. I can tell you that. He had his chances for years and years and years and never did it. Trent Baalke fixed it in one draft.
f**ked up
Tebow & Clausen
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Jimmy Clausen

and

Taylor Mays

That Drunk

how upset would i be. i think he'll go with bulaga at 13th and dan williams even if we took balmer
Who cares?

I still like McC, but he's not with the team anymore. I think we would have gotten ONE Lineman though. At least one.

~Ceadder
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
McClueless for all his faults usually did good in the first round. His major flaw was finding good players in the middle rounds. Middle rounds is where good GM's are made.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

My first thought was that both these guys are taller than he usually liked. I'm not sure if he felt that throwing lanes were key because Alex isn't that tall or what...

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Jimmy Clausen

and

Taylor Mays

That Drunk

McC is the strongest supporter of Alex Smith. So he wouldnt even consider Clausen!

He prob would of took Dez Bryant and than Bulaga.
Share 49ersWebzone