There are 247 users in the forums

Round 1 reflections

Just figured we could talk about round 1 here. What was surprising, mind-bottling, smart, etc.

Did not expect for the Raiders to go with McClain, I thought they would choose JPP or Bruce Campbell.

Jaguars pick of Tyson Alualu was probably the biggest surprise. I'm happy since he's a fellow Bear. I wasn't too surprised with Denver taking Tebow because it had been reported as possibility before.

Definitely thought the Bills were a long shot for CJ Spiller.

I'm disappointed the Eagles got Graham, I hate that team. He's my prediction for DROY

And Clausen's drop is definitely a big surprise, sucks for him.
[ Edited by teeohh on Apr 22, 2010 at 10:26 PM ]
Jags absolutely bombed imo.

Word was they wanted McClain and Spiller, and both were surprisingly selected right before they picked. They probably could not find a trade partner at the last moment and went with a relative no-namer.

So much for the idea that their owner floated out there about drafting Tebow just to put fans in the seats.
teeohh will appreciate this:

Golden Bears drafted in Rd. 1.......2
Trojans.......0
Cardinals.....0
Ducks........0
Bruins......0
Huskies.....0
Sun Devils...0
Wildcats.....0
Beavers.....0
Cougars....0
Also the Giants going with JPP.

They have a history of nailing their pass rushing picks, and JPP was probably discussed as having the most bust likelihood out of all highly rated players.

I used to think he was a lock to bust, now I'm not so sure.

Sick pick by the Jets getting Kyle Wilson, seriously how are you gonna be able to throw on them?
[ Edited by znk916 on Apr 22, 2010 at 10:54 PM ]
Originally posted by znk916:

They have a history of nailing their pass rushing picks, and JPP was probably discussed as having the most bust likelihood out of all highly rated players.

Sick pick by the Jets getting Kyle Wilson, seriously how are you gonna be able to throw on them?

Agree the jets seem to have a stacked secondary!
Originally posted by kstolai:

Agree the jets seem to have a stacked secondary!

Well if Cromartie don't work out they got Wilson on waiting.
Easy. Just throw it. The league rules are skewed in favor of the offense. Too bad our QB blows.
Originally posted by AC49er:
teeohh will appreciate this:

Golden Bears drafted in Rd. 1.......2
Trojans.......0
Cardinals.....0
Ducks........0
Bruins......0
Huskies.....0
Sun Devils...0
Wildcats.....0
Beavers.....0
Cougars....0

yes I realized that this morning

very happy both went round 1
  • bret
  • Veteran

Word was they wanted McClain and Spiller, and both were surprisingly selected right before they picked. They probably could not find a trade partner at the last moment and went with a relative no-namer.

So much for the idea that their owner floated out there about drafting Tebow just to put fans in the seats.

Baalke siad in his presser that he called Jacksonville who waned to stand pat. Did they really think someone was going to sneak in front of them for Alualu?
Originally posted by bret:

Baalke siad in his presser that he called Jacksonville who waned to stand pat. Did they really think someone was going to sneak in front of them for Alualu?

incredible!!!!!

Didn't Baalke say he contacted Jacksonville attempting to trade up to secure Davis and they declined?
Originally posted by ramanz16:

Didn't Baalke say he contacted Jacksonville attempting to trade up to secure Davis and they declined?

I think Jags' GM was thinking SF is trying to steal their man crush on Alualualualu. So, there were like "nobody is gonna take away my chances to be at the bottom of the division! SF can't trick me, they're probably gonna draft Alualualu and convert him to OT, but they can't fool me". I bet Baalke was like "WTF?!" then hung up on him.
Share 49ersWebzone