LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

I wanted a 1st round like Seattle's (S and OL)

I wish we could have got a nice O-lineman and I was really wanting Earl Thomas. I thought when we traded up to 11 that we were going for Thomas. I hope he doesn't burn us too many times in his career in the NFC West. Singletary told us in Santa Clara tonight, he got the two guys he wanted, so he has to own our two picks.

But I thought safety and offensive line were our biggest needs going into this draft. D. Goldson had a solid year. But his play was what was expected from any safety. To me he didn't stand out across the league, play at a Pro Bowl level, or show flashes of greatness. After stepping in for Roman, he provided an upgrade, but I would have liked him to move to SS and Thomas to step in at FS. Who will be at SS now, Michael Lewis? Reggie Smith? Curtus Taylor? We could of instantly upgraded to Goldson and Thomas and removed some question marks.

I will be very upset if the Seahawks also sign Chester Pitts, because there is no need to go after him after our top 20 picks.

Thomas and iupati/bulaga would have been what I wanted. That meant we would have got a OT/OG and S, just like they did.

Duh they had high picks, but we would have come out with the same positions address, and our biggest needs addressed with top talents.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Apr 22, 2010 at 9:57 PM ]
  • dman
  • Veteran
they had higher picks
Originally posted by dman:
they had higher picks
I wouldn't worry about it too much, still quite a few good safeties on board, and we'll probably have a crack at one of them with our pick tomorrow.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I wish we could have got a nice O-lineman and I was really wanting Earl Thomas. I thought when we traded up to 11 that we were going for Thomas. I hope he doesn't burn us too many times in his career in the NFC West. Singletary told us in Santa Clara tonight, he got the two guys he wanted, so he has to own our two picks.

But I thought safety and offensive line were our biggest needs going into this draft. D. Goldson had a solid year. But his play was what was expected from any safety. To me he didn't stand out across the league, play at a Pro Bowl level, or show flashes of greatness. After stepping in for Roman, he provided an upgrade, but I would have liked him to move to SS and Thomas to step in at FS. Who will be at SS now, Michael Lewis? Reggie Smith? Curtus Taylor? We could of instantly upgraded to Goldson and Thomas and removed some question marks.

I will be very upset if the Seahawks also sign Chester Pitts, because there is no need to go after him after our top 20 picks.

They still need a DE and a RB pretty badly so they still have some major holes. I hate them having Thomas but I would hate it even more if they got Spiller or Berry.
earl thomas, have fun with Vernon Davis
stop whining, we fixed our OL for the next 10+ years now we can focus on D in the 2nd round and then we'll just continue to add play makers
I feel your pain my brother, at first I breathed a sigh of relief when spiller came off the board, then I thought the niners would go after thomas but hawks got him and I said nooooooooooo! Smart move by the hawks cause now they can use him to cover VD.
I wanted Thomas as well. Other than that, SEE ABOVE
Taylor Mays is still out there

Oline can make mediocre qbs, wrs, and rbs look better than they are.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by dman:
they had higher picks
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
stop whining, we fixed our OL for the next 10+ years now we can focus on D in the 2nd round and then we'll just continue to add play makers

yeah im sorry we didnt get A nice OL, but we did get 2 of them.
Yes they had higher picks but I would have rather had Thomas and Iupati or bulaga.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Taylor Mays is still out there

Oakland
Share 49ersWebzone