LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Who do you want in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ?

Originally posted by teeohh:
What do you guys know about Al Woods? Maiocco says he's heard we like him

NT or DE?

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Al-Woods-visiting-Saints-today.html

Quote:
Woods is regarded one of the fastest rising draft prospects with several NFL teams projecting him as a second round target.

The 6-foot-4, 309-pounder has run the 40-yard dash under 5.0 seconds and posted a 37-inch vertical leap. The vertical leap is extremely explosive for a lineman as big as Woods.

Regarded highly for his athleticism, Woods is known for being coachable, unselfish and hard-working.
  • yummy12
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DesiDez:

NT or DE?

Quote:
Woods is regarded one of the fastest rising draft prospects with several NFL teams projecting him as a second round target.

The 6-foot-4, 309-pounder has run the 40-yard dash under 5.0 seconds and posted a 37-inch vertical leap. The vertical leap is extremely explosive for a lineman as big as Woods.

Regarded highly for his athleticism, Woods is known for being coachable, unselfish and hard-working.

matt says it...then it the opposite...
We cant just have a balanced team we need a team built to beat other elite teams. I dont think we will have a problem making the playoffs but if we want to go somewhere we need more speed and size at saftey and cb. Mays would atleast make a great special teamer or could be used to bring the hurt come playoff time.Darren Sharper somebody... were running out of options for a backfield that was the only sore spot (rated #25) on an otherwise stellar D..
Originally posted by yummy12:

NT or DE?

Quote:

matt says it...then it the opposite...

Tru dat homes
I kinda want Taylor Mays. Reminds me of Vernon, and once he learns the game a little more look out. Perfect guy to take over for Lewis in a year
[ Edited by LeadFarmer on Apr 23, 2010 at 11:19 AM ]
Kirwin has his 2nd round mock up. He says we will be drafting Nate Allen at safety.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d817b9656&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I would prefer Taylor Mays. The kid is a beast, Blah blah blah, he lacks coverage skills, whatever. The guy is 6'3 230lbs. He's fast, and can lay the wood. I want him as a 49er. Cmon Baalke! go for Mays in the 2nd!
[ Edited by bigmike55 on Apr 23, 2010 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Kirwin has his 2nd round mock up. He says we will be drafting Nate Allen at safety.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d817b9656&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I would prefer Taylor Mays. The kid is a beast, Blah blah blah, he lacks coverage skills, whatever. The guy is 6'3 230lbs. He's fast, and can lay the wood. I want him as a 49er. Cmon Baalke! go for Mays in the 2nd!

I'd love Nate Allen, great blend of skills that along with Goldson's abilities our middle would be MUCH improved!

Mays is too much of a ? for me... its more a luxury pick for a team that has a great CB/FS tandem and would like a hybrid SS/OLB.
I swear, if we take Al Woods with the 49th pick, I'm...

getting in my car

driving to 49ers headquarters

crouching in the bushes outside until the 3rd round finishes up

kicking Trent Ballke right in the balls.

At least one of: Brian Price, Nate Allen, Sean Lee, Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Terrence Cody, or Jimmy Clausen will be there... make it happen

Third round we grab Perish Cox or a change of pace rb that falls (McCluster, McKnight)
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM ]
who the f**k is al woods?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

He is a cousin of Rashawn.

Mays and Cox.

Have a filling the 9ers go May and Spikes. Both very strong, physical players.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

He is a cousin of Rashawn.

lol
1st: Totally stocked with our 1st rd. picks!!!! Love the BEEF!!!! Perfect day one.

2nd: in thinking about day 2 picks, I have some questions reguarding our defense needs???

1. How strongly does the front office feel it can get a long term deal done with Aubrayo Franllin???

2. Do we really have a good chance of signing FS Oshiomogho Atogwe after June 1st.???

3. Would Nate Clements be willing to end his career in S F as a FS and lower his contract???

With that in mind and good value for DT, S, and CB's in the 2nd & 3rd rounds, I say:
1: DT or CB with our 2nd & 3rd round picks.................
  • evil
  • Veteran
No Mays. No Cody.

NT or DE?

Quote:

raiders wont let that kind of athlete pass them by. he sounds good to me but i wouldnt complain with Kindle or Mays either
Share 49ersWebzone