There are 276 users in the forums

Who do you want in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ?

• Indy49er1980
  • Info N/A
Last year I wanted the niners to draft dline so the secondary had some help. They can't be asked to cover wideouts like fitz for longer than 15 sec. We didn't draft that position and our dline and linebackers had the best year they have had in a long time. So this year because of the losses of Walt and Dre it is time to improve the secondary. Everyone remembers the Favre prayer right? That is why we need secondary. There is no reason that should of ever happened. Everyone seems to be a Talyor Mays Hater. My question is why? He was a premier talent in college and he dominated the combine. He is a physical freak just like Vernon was coming out of college. He is a huge guy. He is cocky and confident. It's like drafting a faster TO to play safety. He may not live up to the hype but I think we can't take the chance and pass up on the guy. The opportunity to have a dominant safety like Lott after some many years is in our grasp. I also would love to see Kindle in a niner uniform. If we trade away some picks to get these 2 guys I would be the happiest niner fan alive. With the 2 ol and these 2 defensive players there is no doubt we will win the division.

Kindle and Mays!!!!!! Please Niners grab these guys!!!
Originally posted by valrod33:
can Everson Griffen play in a 3-4. Because he could be available at pick 49

Yes he can.....USC had him stand up quite a bit in their defense. His problem is effort. He takes plays off. First round talent but his lack of effort is his weakness.
I'd like a pass rusher either kindle or maybe Norwood

Or a db Cox or mays
I think we should try and move down (try to get our 4th or 5th Rd pick back) and get Torrell Troup the DT/NT from Central Forida then in the 3rd take the best safety, Rashad Jones from Georgia would be nice... If we cant trade back then prob take a Safety then look for Pass rush/ NT in the 3rd...

What do you guys think?
[ Edited by al49erfan on Apr 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM ]
Ummm hello? Bruce Campbell! . . .
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:

you want us to draft bruce campbell?
I'd like to see us trade down, but it really depends on who is available when we pick.
it all depends who is on the board if Mays or Allen is there I don't think we can pass it up. maybe we could send Lawson and a 6 for a 4th but I would rather keep him

Naw I was joking, we need secondary help now
2nd: Nate Allen, Koa Misi, Lival Joseph or Brandon Ghee

3rd: Sean Lee, Eric Decker, Brandon Spikes or Jermaine Cunningham

Naw I was joking, we need secondary help now

my sarcasm detector is broken, sorry
2nd- Cb/Fs
3rd-Pass rush

Simplicity.
2nd: Morgan Burnett or Brandon Ghee
3rd: Brandon Spikes
Who are guys you like on day two?

At Safety, corner, and NT i like these guys.
Safety:
Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Reshad Jones, and Kam Chancellor

Corner:
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and Brandon Ghee

NT:
Torrell Troup and Cam Thomas
Day 2 = Secondary
Share 49ersWebzone