LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Best available talent after Day One

Originally posted by matthewabbit:
going into the draft we needed OL KR and DBs. with two of those prioritys taken care of lets get some safteys or cbs now!!!!! trade up if we have to

agreed. i hope we get Mays.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah and Koa Misi in that order.

Them, with Iupati....you just want to give the equipment manager a headache, don't you?!
would love the best available secondary player and a possible trade up for mccluster
I think it all depends on how the draft falls now. There is alot of talent left, you mentioned 15 players and I'm sure the 9ers have a board with many more players with a 2nd round or better grade left.

Ideally we get either K.Wilson or S.Kindle, I said this in another thread but I would love it if somehow we could get another 2nd round pick and get both of them
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Like i said in the other thread, we desperately need secondary help! But Golden Tate would be solid!

secondary help? ummm no

it's fine as is
taylor mays.. at worst throw him in on special teams to give us an elite speed unit and or a replcement for manny lawson
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah or Nate Allen would be awesome

I have been heading the Nate Allen bandwagon for a while now. I was also pushing for two O-linemen in the 1st, maybe I will get both of my wishes.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Like i said in the other thread, we desperately need secondary help! But Golden Tate would be solid!

secondary help? ummm no

it's fine as is

If my memory is correct we only have 3 CB's on the roster.
we need a top tier saftey who is familiar with covering all the speedy recievers coming out. Allen = Cool
Originally posted by jreff22:

secondary help? ummm no

it's fine as is

We have 3 capable cornerbacks, but we sure could use depth. It doesn't have to be on the next pick, but it likely will.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Apr 22, 2010 at 9:42 PM ]

Originally posted by matt49er:
I think it all depends on how the draft falls now. There is alot of talent left, you mentioned 15 players and I'm sure the 9ers have a board with many more players with a 2nd round or better grade left.

Ideally we get either K.Wilson or S.Kindle, I said this in another thread but I would love it if somehow we could get another 2nd round pick and get both of them

Wilson was drafted by the Jets.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by jreff22:

secondary help? ummm no

it's fine as is

We have 3 capable cornerbacks, but we sure could use depth. It doesn't have to be on the next pick, but it likely will.

And don't forget that we also picked up Paymah and we can also pick up Bly as well. Clements, Spencer, Brown, Paymah, Bly. I would still like to see us upgrade this position, but I think we need safety more. I don't ever want to see Mark Roman play for the 49ers again!
Nate Allen, Brandon Ghee, Sergio Kindle, Koa Misi, Golden Tate, Brian Price, "BIG" Terrence Cody
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah or Nate Allen would be awesome

Or Brandon Ghee

or Morgan Burnett
  • dj43
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I don't know all the players, but we still need:

secondary help
pass rush help

....and I hate to say it, but we have to seriously consider moving up to get Clausen.

I believe the 49ers are convinced that with the OL help they got tonight, that Smith will be fine. If they had any doubts, they would have drafted Clausen at 17 instead of Iupati.

To move up into the top 5 picks tomorrow will cost them a 3rd or else David Baas. They MIGHT make that deal except that Baas is out of contract after this season so that makes him less valuable.

But yes, secondary is the big need now. They need a safety that can cover the #3 receiver. A centerfielder no longer has a place in this league.
Share 49ersWebzone