LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

the official draft thread!

Originally posted by GEEK:
Buffalo just got a steal in Kyle Calloway in the 7th round.

He's probably got to move inside in the NFL.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Even still, you'll get a hybrid RG/RT in the 7th round that could eventually start from the Iowa program.

Nice.
Jim Mora and Jamie Dukes are going at it again. lol
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
CB and OLB were not addressed. Those are our two biggest needs now. Can't realy expect anything from 6th and 7th rounds and UFA's.

We could easily resign Bly for a one year stop gap. We also signed LaBoy and we have faith in Briggs. Drafting another OLB would have been overkill.
After watching those Kyle Williams highlights, they've got some decent QBs at ASU. Williams looks fast and has decent hands, too. I think he's got a chance if he brings return skills, too.
It's time to take a flier on one of the available NT prospects. DO IT.
CB and OLB were not addressed. Those are our two biggest needs now. Can't realy expect anything from 6th and 7th rounds and UFA's.

We could easily resign Bly for a one year stop gap. We also signed LaBoy and we have faith in Briggs. Drafting another OLB would have been overkill.

Walt Harris! FTW.

I agree with CB. I'm sure reporters will ask this question after the draft concludes. Maybe the team intends to bring back Walt Harris one more year.

At OLB, the team currently has Manny, Parys, Brooks, LaBoy, and Briggs. I guess they are satisfied with this group for 2010.
Originally posted by al49erfan:

The Bowman pick doesn't make sense to me, for this club. Even Singletary had a difficult time explaining where he will play next year in the press conference last night.

Agreed... What would you have done in the third?

I think the Niners would have preferred to trade down and pick up a fourth and a fifth or sixth, but nobody came calling. So arguably they took a high value pick at that spot, even if he's not an ideal fit for the role they apparently are envisioning for him. Think of him as a new version of Ulbrich.
Originally posted by red42x:
Originally posted by al49erfan:
The team has committed to three things so far this draft (including the Ginn trade):
1) They will be more physical on both sides of the ball
2) They will commit themselves to win short yardage situations on offense
3) They will improve special team returns.

Only thing i change about this draft is take Brondon Ghee over Bowman in the 3rd i think that would have been a better fit as well as fit a need.

The Bowman pick doesn't make sense to me, for this club. Even Singletary had a difficult time explaining where he will play next year in the press conference last night.

He wanted Nate Allen. Should have move up.

This whole Nate Allen business is highly overrated. Nate is a good talent, but wouldn't exactly translate into a pure SS in the NFL (which we needed), he has great coverage skills but absolutely no stopping power.

Originally posted by SoCal9er:
After watching those Kyle Williams highlights, they've got some decent QBs at ASU. Williams looks fast and has decent hands, too. I think he's got a chance if he brings return skills, too.

I think its a good move, Mr Ginn might see more action at WR then we all think.
Originally posted by 49erJim:

and it looks like mora wante to hit him.

it is like two kids in a schoolyard.

mora did bahbahbah to interrupt dukes.

then dukes pulled out the daddy joke.

Even still, you'll get a hybrid RG/RT in the 7th round that could eventually start from the Iowa program.

Nice.

Agreed. He adds the versatility needed to be drafted late. Nice value.
If Sing wants to punch opponents in the mouth, then Oregon's Blount is a must-have in the 7th round.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by 49erJim:

and it looks like mora wante to hit him.

it is like two kids in a schoolyard.

mora did bahbahbah to interrupt dukes.

then dukes pulled out the daddy joke.

You can tell most people on that show hate Dukes
Share 49ersWebzone