There are 204 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why couldn't we get this offer when we had #1?

Holmgren is going to offer basically the entire Browns draft for Bradford...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/browns-will-offer-most-of-their-picks-for-bradford/

Insane!!!
Fake
Because everyone in the league knew what McNolan didn't...Smith wasn't worthy of being the #1 overall...in fact, nobody picked in the top 10 that year was worthy.
that was a bad year to have the #1

As the saying goes, luck and timing is everything. Not that I would want to be in the lamb chops shoes.
In the modern era, the number one overall pick is a curse and not a blessing. You pay 40-50 million guaranteed to a crapshoot. Outside of Peyton Manning, I can't think of anyone worthy of that much cash that quick.

The Texans and Dolphins played it right. Get a better deal done early and take the surest thing. The Rams are silly NOT to have signed Suh already.
Cause Alex Smith SUCKS!
if that is true wouldn't the Rams be crazy not to take it and pick Clausen at 7 ?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Because everyone in the league knew what McNolan didn't...Smith wasn't worthy of being the #1 overall...in fact, nobody picked in the top 10 that year was worthy.

I'm not sure that McNolan didn't know but it was a cursed year. As you said, no one was worthy that year and everyone knew it. As I recall, the 49ers did try to move back but no one was interested.

This year is different. A lot more Top 10 worthy talent. When I look at Suh, Bradford, Williams, McCoy, Okung, I see 5 guys that would clearly have gone before anyone in the top 5 that year.

McNolan got stuck with a pick they didn't want and picked a guy the league felt was the consensus best QB pick that year. It was a "need" pick for the 49ers that has not yet turned out worthy of a first round pick...so far.
if that is true wouldn't the Rams be crazy not to take it and pick Clausen at 7 ?
honestly, mcnolan got f*d. it was a crappy draft year and none of the top 10 were #1 worthy.

even looking back at that draft, NO ONE in the entire draft were true #1 picks. too bad we couldn't have the #1 pick the year before or the year after. oh well . . .
Originally posted by UKNiner:

That's why the Rams are the Rams
Because NOBODY WANTED ALEX SMITH. Even the s**ttiest teams down the top 10 knew he was a gimmick QB who lacked any NFL readiness (since Urban Meyer literally preached that to NFL scouts during the combine), and a meek/worrisome personality (besides his high intelligence), with leadership questions.

Alex Smith was literally a 'meek' Tim Tebow before Tebow got exposed for what he really was. Goddamn you Urban Meyer.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Wow did Holmgren lose his mind, Michael Smith just confirmed that crazy ass trade
Originally posted by UKNiner:

It should be obvious to you that the Rams WOULD be crazy if they did what you're suggesting.