There are 194 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dolphins Shopping Smiley for Pick

Dolphins are shopping G Justin Smiley as well as 12th overall pick. Could be dealt this weekend. Full coverage on NFL Network and NFL.com

Jason LaCanfora
Straight up for our 13.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Straight up for our 13.

Absolutely not.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Straight up for our 13.

send them a 6th or since 5ht round picks are the thing this year send them next years 5th
Wouldn't be surprised if they swapped with TEN or someone in the late teens or so and took Iupati... Or Pouncey.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
send them a 6th or since 5ht round picks are the thing this year send them next years 5th

Let's trade for an injury prone player who we didn't re-sign when we had the chance?

If they put Kory Sheets in that deal I think the Rams would give up their 1st for this.
I had heard some reports that Smiley was not working out well for them, and they "reached" when they plucked him from the Niners during free agency.

Just another sign that our draft philosophy with O-Linemen -- or track record -- hasn't been all that great for the past decade. We've whiffed on a few of them and paid the price.

Kwame anyone? Buehler?
Want a veteran OG?

Smiley vs Pitts (assuming both are healthy and pass the Stanford medical exam):

Pitts does not cost you a draft pick (UFA).

I respected Smiley's play when he was with the Niners, but why give up a draft pick for a veteran OG? (Do I sound like McCloughan - "you can get guards")?

I'll take Pitts and KEEP THE PICK.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I had heard some reports that Smiley was not working out well for them, and they "reached" when they plucked him from the Niners during free agency.

Just another sign that our draft philosophy with O-Linemen -- or track record -- hasn't been all that great for the past decade. We've whiffed on a few of them and paid the price.

Kwame anyone? Buehler?

Everybody misses. That's the draft for you. Who was Buehler?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Who was Buehler?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by English:
Who was Buehler?

Looks a little small for an O lineman. No wonder he was a bust.