LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

49ers mock draft/wishlist

13th overall pick: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa: We will be lucky for the 2nd year in a row ala Crabtree falling to us if we can steal Bulaga at 13 but I think if KC passes on him which is now looking likely, I think we get Bulaga at 13. Would be a great pick and a guy who can come right and start at RT and be our starting for the next 10yrs or even move to LT down the road. Now if Bulaga is gone, I would hope to get Anthony Davis at 13 even though he is a bit of a risky pick. Im so-so on Haden and leaning towards against him. I like Jimmy Clausen a lot, I think he is the best QB in the draft but I feel good about Alex Smith as our starting QB for this year and beyond so I do not want Clausen at 13. I love Earl Thomas but I think he will be gone and I don't think the team would take him anyway.

17th pick: Maurkice Pouncey, OG-C, Florida: A very good prospect who is one of the best center prospects to enter the draft since I have been following the draft. Can also play guard so he could help out at guard for a year or two before eventually replacing the overrated Eric Heitman at center. I also like Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State and Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho. Ideally we could move down from1 7 into the mid 20's, get an extra 3rd rd pick and still get Wilson or another corner like Patrick Robinson or Devin McCourty. I just hope we stay away from Kareem Jackson.

Now the question, if Clausen is available at 17, do we take him as he would give us great trade value next year if Alex Smith shows he can get the job done in 2010.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
13th overall pick: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa: We will be lucky for the 2nd year in a row ala Crabtree falling to us if we can steal Bulaga at 13 but I think if KC passes on him which is now looking likely, I think we get Bulaga at 13. Would be a great pick and a guy who can come right and start at RT and be our starting for the next 10yrs or even move to LT down the road. Now if Bulaga is gone, I would hope to get Anthony Davis at 13 even though he is a bit of a risky pick. Im so-so on Haden and leaning towards against him. I like Jimmy Clausen a lot, I think he is the best QB in the draft but I feel good about Alex Smith as our starting QB for this year and beyond so I do not want Clausen at 13. I love Earl Thomas but I think he will be gone and I don't think the team would take him anyway.

17th pick: Maurkice Pouncey, OG-C, Florida: A very good prospect who is one of the best center prospects to enter the draft since I have been following the draft. Can also play guard so he could help out at guard for a year or two before eventually replacing the overrated Eric Heitman at center. I also like Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State and Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho. Ideally we could move down from1 7 into the mid 20's, get an extra 3rd rd pick and still get Wilson or another corner like Patrick Robinson or Devin McCourty. I just hope we stay away from Kareem Jackson.

Now the question, if Clausen is available at 17, do we take him as he would give us great trade value next year if Alex Smith shows he can get the job done in 2010.

This sucks, i have to work today so if i come home and see we pick up Bulaga and Pouncey....i would be WETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
our line would be straight beastin'

If we get Bulaga at 13 and Clausen is there at 17, we take him unless we get a sweet trade-down.
Originally posted by teeohh:

Staley-Baas-Pouncey-Rachal-Bulaga.... Set for the next 6-10 years, maybe replace Baas but man if he can stay healthy and Solari can get the best out of him, we could have a real nasty O-Line for a long time.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

If we get Bulaga at 13 and Clausen is there at 17, we take him unless we get a sweet trade-down.

I think your right

Staley-Baas-Pouncey-Rachal-Bulaga.... Set for the next 6-10 years, maybe replace Baas but man if he can stay healthy and Solari can get the best out of him, we could have a real nasty O-Line for a long time.

Baas over Heitman?, you crazy!
This is my wishlist:

Eric Berry (not possible unless we trade up)
CJ Spiller (probably gone by the time we pick)
Bryan Bulaga
Anthony Davis
Joe Haden
Earl Thomas
Mike Iupati
Patrick Robinson
Reshed Jones
Chad Jones
Jahvid Best
Myron Rolle
John Jerry
O'Brien Schofield

I would like to have at least 4 of them.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

Im not crazy about either but Heitman needs to be replaced as much as Baas does. The one consant on our O-Line the last few years has been Eric Heitman and as well as we could not get a yard when we need to. Heitman is a big part of the problem. He struggles to get a push and often times is going backwards.

Im not going to turn this into another Eric Heitman thread but Ill just say, Pouncey would be a huge upgrade over Heitman and could play guard as well if Baas is hurt or not getting the job done.
We stand to get a very good pick at OT with our first pick, let's not screw that up. Anyone who plays QB for the 49ers is going to need a top OL to help this team move ahead.

The second first rounder, there are some very good CB's available, I think Wilson is the better CB.

Then we need the best DE we can get followed by a RB. In fact if the RB from Stanford drops to the middle of the 2nd rd we should take him. We need a good power game and he brings it.

Im not crazy about either but Heitman needs to be replaced as much as Baas does. The one consant on our O-Line the last few years has been Eric Heitman and as well as we could not get a yard when we need to. Heitman is a big part of the problem. He struggles to get a push and often times is going backwards.

Im not going to turn this into another Eric Heitman thread but Ill just say, Pouncey would be a huge upgrade over Heitman and could play guard as well if Baas is hurt or not getting the job done.

Don't you think Heitmann's problems are that he's surrounded by Baas and Rachal?
never really though about taking pouncey but it makes sense man that guy is a player. u watch the gators and tebow was running behind him all the time and dude is athletic and i seen him run over guys. yeah i like him but lets see what we do at 13. i still think you guys are crazy if you think bulaga will be there at 13. i still say we take haden.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Don't you think Heitmann's problems are that he's surrounded by Baas and Rachal?

He wasn't all that great when he had a motivated Larry Allen and Justin Smiley next to him and than late that season he broke his leg and he has been even worse. Just my opinion, im not going to get into this Eric Heitman debate on draft day but would be happy to re-visit it in May or June
Originally posted by miked1978:
This is my wishlist:

Eric Berry (not possible unless we trade up)
CJ Spiller (probably gone by the time we pick)
Bryan Bulaga
Anthony Davis
Joe Haden
Earl Thomas
Mike Iupati
Patrick Robinson
Reshed Jones
Chad Jones
Jahvid Best
Myron Rolle
John Jerry
O'Brien Schofield

I would like to have at least 4 of them.

2 down 2 more to go!!!
Share 49ersWebzone