There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

No Offense 1st Round.

  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
That's a great 1st round. Saffold, Ducasse, or Brown in the 2nd would be acceptable.

I'd be stoked with that draft.

That being said I don't think we'd draft Graham being LaBoy just signed the same as we don't draft Spiller cuz we just signed Ginn.

I don't think Laboy is in the same league as Graham. IMO Graham is going to be a beast in the NFL. His motor is amazing and he has great leverage and quickness.

LaBoy, when healthy, has proven he can get to the QB. Draft prospects are just that: prospects. Fix the needs we have rather than speculate at a position with depth.

Are you sure about that?...

2004 - 2005 3.5 Sacks.
2005 - 2006 6.5 Sacks.
2006 - 2007 3.5 Sacks.
2007 - 2008 6.0 Sacks.
2008 - 2009 4.0 Sacks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6801/career;_ylt=Av77QuucmSZCfNg8FI4_k5j.uLYF

That's not a lot of production...

Not individually, but collectively they were third in the league. I just don't see this as an area of need, especially considering the talent at other positions. Now, I'm saying this from an opinion that Graham won't be the BPA. You obviously disagree, but we'll see what Baalke thinks. I just think Haden, Davis, Bulaga, both Wiliams, and even Thomas as better talents and fitting areas of need.

Actually Brandon Graham wouldnt be a bad pick.
Lets face it
Haralson struggles all the time and is way to inconsistent, and his head is small . Manny Lawson is a 4-3 OLB, hes good against the run and is legit in pass coverage but hes not a pass rushing OLB that a 3-4 team wants. Laboy's stats is similar to Harlalsons, plus Lawson and Laboy are going to be free agents next year.
I think Brandon Graham would be a great pick, he might not contribute too much this year, but Id bet he'll be great in years to come
[ Edited by ImaMod on Apr 21, 2010 at 9:13 PM ]
Graham and Brooks replacing Lawson and Harylson could be the future. Brandon Spikes in the 3rd, and this LB core all the sudden has a s**t load of upside.
  • Karma
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 760
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
That's a great 1st round. Saffold, Ducasse, or Brown in the 2nd would be acceptable.

I'd be stoked with that draft.

That being said I don't think we'd draft Graham being LaBoy just signed the same as we don't draft Spiller cuz we just signed Ginn.

I don't think Laboy is in the same league as Graham. IMO Graham is going to be a beast in the NFL. His motor is amazing and he has great leverage and quickness.

LaBoy, when healthy, has proven he can get to the QB. Draft prospects are just that: prospects. Fix the needs we have rather than speculate at a position with depth.

Are you sure about that?...

2004 - 2005 3.5 Sacks.
2005 - 2006 6.5 Sacks.
2006 - 2007 3.5 Sacks.
2007 - 2008 6.0 Sacks.
2008 - 2009 4.0 Sacks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6801/career;_ylt=Av77QuucmSZCfNg8FI4_k5j.uLYF

That's not a lot of production...

Not individually, but collectively they were third in the league. I just don't see this as an area of need, especially considering the talent at other positions. Now, I'm saying this from an opinion that Graham won't be the BPA. You obviously disagree, but we'll see what Baalke thinks. I just think Haden, Davis, Bulaga, both Wiliams, and even Thomas as better talents and fitting areas of need.

Laboy has never been an elite pass rusher and never will be. We still need one (an elite pass rusher) as we don't have have one. So don't pass one over if you get the chance to take him is my point.

I'm just saying that the team seems happy with the OLBs they have. No, none of them are "elite" pass rushers, but they all play the run extremely well, help in the passing game, and work very well in the scheme. Unless the reports of trading Lawson are correct, the teams needs to have him on the field to evaluate a long term deal, Brooks will see much more time, LaBoy will be a situational guy, and Haralson might not be "elite", but he works his but off for them. Haralson is a big reason the run defense was so strong, and he gets more QB pressure than he gets credit for on the zone. Add in the development of Briggs and there simply isn't room. I believe McClain will be an exceptional ILB in this league, but I wouldn't want to draft him because he would see the field enough to justify the pick. Same with Graham.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Graham and Brooks replacing Lawson and Harylson could be the future. Brandon Spikes in the 3rd, and this LB core all the sudden has a s**t load of upside.

Graham B.Spikes Willis Brooks
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
That's a great 1st round. Saffold, Ducasse, or Brown in the 2nd would be acceptable.

I'd be stoked with that draft.

That being said I don't think we'd draft Graham being LaBoy just signed the same as we don't draft Spiller cuz we just signed Ginn.

I don't think Laboy is in the same league as Graham. IMO Graham is going to be a beast in the NFL. His motor is amazing and he has great leverage and quickness.

LaBoy, when healthy, has proven he can get to the QB. Draft prospects are just that: prospects. Fix the needs we have rather than speculate at a position with depth.

Are you sure about that?...

2004 - 2005 3.5 Sacks.
2005 - 2006 6.5 Sacks.
2006 - 2007 3.5 Sacks.
2007 - 2008 6.0 Sacks.
2008 - 2009 4.0 Sacks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6801/career;_ylt=Av77QuucmSZCfNg8FI4_k5j.uLYF

That's not a lot of production...

Not individually, but collectively they were third in the league. I just don't see this as an area of need, especially considering the talent at other positions. Now, I'm saying this from an opinion that Graham won't be the BPA. You obviously disagree, but we'll see what Baalke thinks. I just think Haden, Davis, Bulaga, both Wiliams, and even Thomas as better talents and fitting areas of need.

Actually Brandon Graham wouldnt be a bad pick.
Lets face it
Haralson struggles all the time and is way to inconsistent, and his head is small . Manny Lawson is a 4-3 OLB, hes good against the run and is legit in pass coverage but hes not a pass rushing OLB that a 3-4 team wants. Laboy's stats is similar to Harlalsons, plus Lawson and Laboy are going to be free agents next year.
I think Brandon Graham would be a great pick, he might not contribute too much this year, but Id bet he'll be great in years to come

I agree Brandon Graham would be great.
I have a lot of respect for SanDiego's thought processes, and we seem to agree on much. But here I have to disagree.

We are not far from having a dynamite offense. But until we build a solid OL our QB, RB, and receivers cannot function at their optimum. Allowing the OL to have a weak spot is like leaving a hole in the dyke and allowing the sea to engulf the city. Just the patching of that hole will yield so much more in return that it is a no brainer.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Graham and Brooks replacing Lawson and Harylson could be the future. Brandon Spikes in the 3rd, and this LB core all the sudden has a s**t load of upside.

For 3 - 4 teams it's almost always the LB's who make or break you. It would be fine to get Graham in the 1st and maybe Brandon Spikes or somebody else later.
Originally posted by excelsior:
I have a lot of respect for SanDiego's thought processes, and we seem to agree on much. But here I have to disagree.

We are not far from having a dynamite offense. But until we build a solid OL our QB, RB, and receivers cannot function at their optimum. Allowing the OL to have a weak spot is like leaving a hole in the dyke and allowing the sea to engulf the city. Just the patching of that hole will yield so much more in return that it is a no brainer.

I'm actually ok with going O Line or even going O Line twice in the 1st. Like Anthony Davis and Iupati. That is one way to go and the prevailing view on the WZ. However I just put forth one additional point of view. Another way of building the team in a different direction. But I believe they both can work.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by excelsior:
I have a lot of respect for SanDiego's thought processes, and we seem to agree on much. But here I have to disagree.

We are not far from having a dynamite offense. But until we build a solid OL our QB, RB, and receivers cannot function at their optimum. Allowing the OL to have a weak spot is like leaving a hole in the dyke and allowing the sea to engulf the city. Just the patching of that hole will yield so much more in return that it is a no brainer.

I'm actually ok with going O Line or even going O Line twice in the 1st. Like Anthony Davis and Iupati. That is one way to go and the prevailing view on the WZ. However I just put forth one additional point of view. Another way of building the team in a different direction. But I believe they both can work.

cosigned
  • Karma
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 760
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by excelsior:
I have a lot of respect for SanDiego's thought processes, and we seem to agree on much. But here I have to disagree.

We are not far from having a dynamite offense. But until we build a solid OL our QB, RB, and receivers cannot function at their optimum. Allowing the OL to have a weak spot is like leaving a hole in the dyke and allowing the sea to engulf the city. Just the patching of that hole will yield so much more in return that it is a no brainer.

I'm actually ok with going O Line or even going O Line twice in the 1st. Like Anthony Davis and Iupati. That is one way to go and the prevailing view on the WZ. However I just put forth one additional point of view. Another way of building the team in a different direction. But I believe they both can work.

And I completely understand your argument, I just have the opposite point of view. I hope you didn't think I was being overly contentious. I just like haggling ideas!
brandon graham pretty please!!!!
Defense is the least of our problems.

Offensive lineman is the way to go.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Defense is the least of our problems.

Offensive lineman is the way to go.

I wouldn't exactly call our Defense set or Super Bowl caliber. An Elite Pass Rusher and a Free Safety are definitely needed. As is a fast lock down Corner.