Patrick’s Top 60 overall prospects for the 2010 NFL Draft. (Rankings do not reflect draft position) (=My Comparison of current NFL draft prospect to a current or past NFL Player)

1.Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska: To me it is almost a no brainer having Suh as the best player in the draft but I see a lot of people don’t have him rated as their top player because it almost makes to much sense and they try to be different. Suh is a dominating defensive lineman who get better each year at Nebraska and I see him only continuing to get better. At nearly 6′4″ 307pds, Suh has ideal size for a defensive tackle and has a rare blend of size, power and quickness. He is a force vs the run and is a disruptive pass rusher inside as well. I believe he is a combination of Reggie White and Kevin Williams.

2.Eric Berry, S, Tennessee: Tremendous football player and prospect who some have knocked down on their draft board because he didn’t make as many plays as a Junior as he did his sophomore season but that is because new Vols DC Monte Kiffin had him playing closer to the line and not as much in pass coverage. Berry is a playmaker with great instincts, ball skills, hand eye coordination and closing speed. He has good size at 5′11″ 1/2 211pds and can play either safety position as well cornerback if need be. Just a terrific football player who I project to be an Ed Reed type safety in the NFL.

3.Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State: A terrific left tackle prospect who I feel is right up there with Jake Long and Joe Thomas when they came out. At 6′5″ 1/4 307pds, Okung could use a little more weight but he has the frame to put on another 10-15pds easily and he has good strength as threw up 38 reps at the combine. A very experienced player, Okung started 48 games at Oklahoma State (39 at left tackle). Got better each year and was a dominating force as a Senior. Has long arms and good feet and his only weaknesses are all coachable in my opinion. Also a very good character kid with a great work ethic. I think he can be a Walter Jones type left tackle in the NFL and I compare him to a Lomas Brown and Richmond Webb type NFL left tackle.

4.C.J Spiller, RB-KR, Clemson: This kid is a pure playmaker and will help a team in 3 areas, RB, WR and as a kick returner. He is a true home run threat as a running back but make no mistake about it, he has really good vision and can run between the tackles and he finishes his runs. He is not a soft running back. Also a very good receiver out of the backfield as he caught over 100 passes through out his career at Clemson and also very effective lining up in the slot and out wide. As a kick returner he is Josh Cribbs-Devon Hester good and he is also a pretty darn good punt returner. I think Spiller can help an NFL team win an extra 2-3 games by himself as a rookie with his kick return ability as well as playmaking ability as a running back and receiver. I project him as a combination of Chris Johnson-Reggie Bush-Brian Westbrook type player.

5.Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame: After a rough freshman year (7td’s 6ints in 9 starts) Clausen bounced back with a solid sophomore season (3,127yds 25-17) and as a Junior this past season, Clausen had a terrific season (3,722yds, 28-4) despite taking a beating behind a very shaky offensive line and not much of a running game to help him and lets not forget how bad Notre Dame’s defense was as Clausen and the offense knew they had to put up at least 30pts every game to have a chance to win. Say what you want about Clausen but he is a tough kid who stands in there and takes a beating and keeps getting back up. He played half the season with a bad foot injury and never missed any games despite taking a beating in some games. Has very good field vision and can make quick decisions under pressure. Has a good, not great arm and is very accurate. Also it is a plus he played in a pro style offense at Notre Dame under Charlie Weiss. I like this kid, I would take him over Sam Bradford and while im not sure he is an elite, franchise NFL quarterback, I do think he will be a very good NFL starting QB. I compare him to a cross between Kurt Warner and Matt Hasselbeck.

6.Earl Thomas, S, Texas: May be my favorite player in the draft. This kid is a football player. If he were a little taller, he would be talked about a sure fire top 10, if not top 5 pick. But at 5′10″, some say he is a little to short even though he is a well built 208pds and most of the best safeties in the NFL (Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Brian Dawkins) are under 6 feet. The bottom line is Thomas has great ball skills and patrols the whole field and has 4.36 speed along with tremendous quickness and really reads the ball well. As a sophomore at Texas, he had 16 pass breakups and 8 Int’s (two for TD’s). He is also underrated vs the run, he is not afraid to go up and take on a running back one on one and he has great form and a little pop to his tackles and hits. Also has a swagger and confidence to him. He can play cornerback in the NFL as well in my opinion though as a free safety, I think he is an all pro in the making and I hate to compare two guys in one draft to the great Ed Reed, but I also see Earl Thomas as an Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu type player in the NFL.

7.Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma: I know, I know, I have him pretty low and some people including people who I really respect like the NFL Network’s Mike Mayock, have him rated as the best player in the draft but I just do not see it. I never saw him really dominate and take over games at Oklahoma. In the same conference, Suh had 39 tackles for loss and 19.5 sacks the last two years while McCoy only had 26 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks and make no mistake about it, Suh was double teamed as much if not more than McCoy was. In fact that to me is the big difference between Suh and McCoy. McCoy struggles vs double teams while Suh can take on double teams and beat them with quickness or/and power. Now do not get me wrong, Gerald McCoy is an excellent prospect. He has very good quickness and instincts and uses his hands very well and in a one gap scheme he could be really good. He is not all that big though at 6′4″ 295pds and only put up 23 reps at the combine.) A good prospect but not an elite one, in my opinion. Compares to another former Oklahoma Sooner, Tommie Harris and has some Warren Sapp on him.

8.Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama: A big, smart 6′3″ 1/2 254pd linebacker with NFL size, instincts and ability. The leader of Alabama’s defense, McClain is as smart of a linebacker or player you will see coming out and he will be a leader of some team’s defense for the next 8-10 years. He is very good vs the run and can also provide a little pass rush coming up the middle or lining up outside on passing downs. A very solid, safe pick. I compare him to a combination of Levon Kirkland and Keith Bulluck.

9.Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma: Versatile, experienced, Offensive lineman who could play really any position on the offensive line. Was at his best when he was a RT at Oklahoma and while he struggled a bit at LT as a Senior, their were several factors including playing along side some young offensive lineman. Longtime Oklahoma offensive Coordinator and assistant coach Kyle Wilson, has said Williams is the best offensive lineman he has ever coached at OU which is saying something since he had guys like Jamal Brown, Davin Joseph and Philip Loadholt. Trent is an athletic offensive lineman who is both strong as a pass blocker and run blocker. A very solid prospect. I compare him to a Levi Jones (when Jones was healthy and his prime of course).

10.Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa: A very solid, NFL ready prospect who was coached by former NFL offensive line coach, Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. May not have ideal arm length and is not all that athletic, but he has great feet and technique as well solid power and strength. Got the better of Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan in the Orange Bowl. I think he will be a very solid starting tackle in the NFL for the next 10 years, right or left tackle. I have a tough time comparing him to a current NFL offensive tackle. I would say he will be a Steve Wisniewski type offensive lineman in the NFL with his toughness and intangibles.

11.Joe Haden, CB, Florida: A talented corner who was an All-American quarterback in High School and came to Florida and was the first ever true freshman to start at cornerback. While I don’t grade him out to be an elite shut down cornerback, he is a very talented prospect with very good ball skills, good closing speed, long arms and he has a swagger to him. I would compare him to a Nate Clements when Clements was in his prime and as well as Jonathan Joseph.

12.Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: Yeah I know I have the likely #1 overall pick as my 12th rated player but I am sorry, I just don’t see Bradford as an elite, franchise QB. At Oklahoma, he played in a very QB friendly system and was protected by two NFL offensive tackles and had games where he wasn’t even touched. I do think he is a solid prospect but I don’t see him as a guy I would want to build my team around and going to a team like St.Louis, I think it is a bad fit for him and the Rams.

13.Brandon Graham, DE-OLB, Michigan: The most NFL ready pass rusher in the draft, in my opinion. Graham may not be all that big, fast or have long arms but this guy is a pure football player who brings it every game and gets to the QB wether you line him up on the right side, left side or even coming on a stunt over the middle. He is tough as nails and knows how to play the game . Got the better of Bryan Bulaga when Michigan played Iowa, even though in fairness to Bulaga he was just getting back after missing 3 games with his thyroid condition.

14.Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech: Well built at 6′3″ 266pds with long arms and the frame to put on even more weight. Was a very productive and consistent player at Georgia Tech and has upside to get even better. An ideal defensive end in a 4-3 and could play OLB in a 3-4.

15.Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers: May be the most talented offensive tackle in a strong class for OT’s. The problem is he does not always play up to his potential and has some weight issues at Rutgers and a lot of people question wether he really loves and is totally devoted to being a football player. At 6′5″ 323pds (when in shape) he is a massive tackle with long arms and a wide frame. He can just slide and mirror defensive ends and he moves well for his size. If he can stay in shape and focused, he can be a big time, Jason Peters type offensive tackle in the NFL. That is a big IF though.

16.Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho: Big, physical 6′5″ 332pd guard who’s best football is still ahead of him. I look him for him to be a dominating run blocking guard in the NFL.

17.Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State: Talented wide-out with some character concerns that I do not think are a huge deal as much as his speed may be. Im not quite sure if he is a #1 WR but at worse I think he can be a very good #2 WR in the NFL who does his damage over the middle of the field. Reminds me of a poor man’s Cris Carter.

18.Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State: A prospect I am high on and I think he is right up there with Joe Haden as the best cornerback in the draft. A tad on the small side but he showed he is strong as he put up 25 reps at the combine and this kid has natural fluid hips and closes on the ball in a hurry and also has really good ball skills. Love his attitude and swagger and just overall a really good football player.

19.Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma: A big 6′5″ 261pd tight end who missed all of the 2009 season and if he had not, you could be talking about a potential top 15, maybe top 10 pick.

20.Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech: The most talented WR in the draft with the most upside in my opinion. Despite playing in a run option offense, Thomas still put up solid numbers (46 catches-1,154yds-8TD’s. 25.1yds per catch). A big target (6′3″ 1/2 224pds) who before his foot injury, ran in the low 4.4’s. May not contribute much as a rookie and is a bit of a project, but long term I think you are looking at a #1 WR.

21.Maurkice Pouncey, OG-C, Florida

22.Sergio Kindle, DE-OLB, Texas

23.Charles Brown, OT, USC

24.Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri

25.Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

26.Taylor Mays, S, USC

27.Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

28.Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

29.Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State

30.Jared Odrick, DT-DE, Penn State
31.Jahvid Best, RB, California

32.Colt McCoy, QB, Texas