LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

With the 206th pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

• Ang
  • Hall of Fame
The San Francisco 49ers select WR, Kyle Williams, Arizona State

Please use this thread to debate this pick. You will also find an "Official" thread in "Niner Talk" that can be used to discuss this player and what he'll bring to the team. Additional threads may be locked or merged (and members warned) at the discretion of the moderating staff.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Bump

[ Edited by teeohh on Apr 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kyle Williams, WR , Arizona State Grade B

Analysis: Williams was one of our sleeper picks at NFLMocks.com . He has a ton of speed and reliable hands. He is kind of in the mold of the recently acquired Ted Ginn Jr.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13284320
Good Pick -- another return man.

I'd like to take a CB in the 7th.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Kyle Williams, WR , Arizona State Grade B

Analysis: Williams was one of our sleeper picks at NFLMocks.com . He has a ton of speed and reliable hands. He is kind of in the mold of the recently acquired Ted Ginn Jr.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13284320

cept Williams has reliable hands and Ginn doesnt
This is like the Anti-McCloughan pick, people passed this guy up because of his height but he has almost every intangible to be a starting PR from day one (speed, hands, field vision), and watching a lot of the Pac-10 last year I don't even think he ever dropped a punt!

He's instantly better than anybody else we 'tried' to plug into that spot last year, and I definitely think he's gonna prove it during pre-season.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by teeohh:

he looks pretty good, actually. I'm assuming he returns punts too, even though there aren't any in that video?
Why did we trade for Ted Ginn and also draft this guy? We need PASS RUSHING!!!!!!!! Has everyone forgotten how many days the opposing quarterbacks have to throw the ball? This pick seemed somewhat wasted.

Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Why did we trade for Ted Ginn and also draft this guy? We need PASS RUSHING!!!!!!!! Has everyone forgotten how many days the opposing quarterbacks have to throw the ball? This pick seemed somewhat wasted.

He is fast though...

I understand where you're coming from, but what if Ginn gets hurt? Then who returns kicks? And what if Ginn's PR fumbling problems don't get corrected? Also, lets not forget that, yes we do need an elite passrusher, but as a team we ranked pretty high in sacks last year (I want to say 3rd, but I could be wrong). I think what we're seeing is a vote of confidence in the Brooks/Haralson/Lawson/Briggs rotation.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

I understand where you're coming from, but what if Ginn gets hurt? Then who returns kicks? And what if Ginn's PR fumbling problems don't get corrected? Also, lets not forget that, yes we do need an elite passrusher, but as a team we ranked pretty high in sacks last year (I want to say 3rd, but I could be wrong). I think what we're seeing is a vote of confidence in the Brooks/Haralson/Lawson/Briggs rotation.

Youare probably right, but I still think the niners need to find that "pass rush" guy...
Thanks Teeohh for the video highlights of K Williams that was awesome

And we we're in the top 10 last season in team sacks, think secondary still needs attention.
[ Edited by 9erfreak on Apr 24, 2010 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Youare probably right, but I still think the niners need to find that "pass rush" guy...

Ginn is the KR. This guy is the PR.
Share 49ersWebzone