There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With the 173rd pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

i agree we need a speed back but...

gore and coffee may be tough downhill runners, but they are not big lol they won't consistently run over people or move a pile

this huge f**ker will run over people and get those short yardage conversions and wear down the D
Originally posted by RonMexico:

gore and coffee may be tough downhill runners, but they are not big lol they won't consistently run over people or move a pile

this huge f**ker will run over people and get those short yardage conversions and wear down the D

good points. plus, Dixon is probably mostly insurance in case either Gore or Coffee gets hurt, so we can still run the same kind of offense... (I would have preferred a speedy back as well, but I don't hate this pick).
  • LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
F***** retarded i thought we needed a speedster instead we draft another power back..dont make sense
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by Esco:

I came.

Holy crap! Man this is what we need for those short yardage plays. So who gets the ax at rb?

This guy looks like the perfect Brandon Jacobs-type of back we've been looking for, to pound s**t up the middle on 3rd down/4th quarter clock draining-situations (so we can preserve Gore's health).
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This guy does not even look 235 from his highlights, he looks fast and even seen him hurdle Kareem Jackson and dive into the endzone ala Marcus Allen on another.............I likey
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by Esco:

I came.

Holy crap! Man this is what we need for those short yardage plays. So who gets the ax at rb?

i came too...wow
Brandon Jacobs 2 mfer
"I've watched the 49ers," Dixon said. "They're my favorite team. You can ask anybody I know. I've been preaching the 49ers. This is a dream come true."

--From Maiocco's blog

And, I was thinking about NickV's question about who the odd-man out is at RB...I think Dixon and Coffee will be in competition, but I could see us keeping Gore-Coffee-Dixon as well as MRob for special teams. If we want to pound the ball as much as this draft implies, having 3 bruisers would make it much easier...But I think Dixon will have to fight for a spot...
You saw what Beanie did for the Tards last season - that f*cker was very hard to bring down - now WE have our Beanie too.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
You saw what Beanie did for the Tards last season - that f*cker was very hard to bring down - now WE have our Beanie too.

well, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Beanie was taken in the 1st round and this guy in the 6th.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

well, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Beanie was taken in the 1st round and this guy in the 6th.

So was Terrell Davis

goodbye coffee?

Maybe goodbye Robinson.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
goodbye coffee?

Maybe goodbye Robinson.

doubt it, unless someone else steps up as the ST captain.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
goodbye coffee?

Maybe goodbye Robinson.

I would think it's between Coffee and Dixon. Thet're too much alike. given the fact they drafted Dixon, I'd guess the niners aren't that high on Coffee. Plan B may be to dump the fullback.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home