There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With the 91st pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

• PaulW
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Anyone know why we traded back in the 3rd? What did we get out of it?

Swapped 3rd round, got 2010 6th round, and 2011 4th round from San Diego.
Originally posted by PaulW:

Swapped 3rd round, got 2010 6th round, and 2011 4th round from San Diego.

Cool. Thanks for the info.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JDeezy:

91, which was Bowman, 193 (6th round) and the Chargers 4th next year.

I believe it's 173 (6th round)
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 23, 2010 at 7:43 PM ]
I've seen a lot of this kid being a Iowa fan and all, he will show up and play strong fundamental football! I can see him standing out on special teams this year and being a strong backup and or replacement for Spikes in the future, he has the best guys around him and he will grow and step in when he is needed! I see good things ahead!
Bowman's had some issues in the past, but obviously Singletary is convinced that's behind him. On the field, agree, he's like so many other Penn St. LB's...he's just a solid player. I think that school must have the most LB's in NFL history...if not, they've got to be close. I think he's a better pick than Brandon Spikes, whose 40 time really shocked a lot of people...sorry, Takeo. Bowman should be a long-time fixture for us.
Never heard his name leading up to the draft, but he seems like an awesome pick.

For what it's worth, on nfl.com grades, Bowman had the highest grade for a 3rd round pick at 7.9
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's a real good football player. He has great football instincts and makes plays all over the field. He has good game speed and can roam sideline to sideline. He could be an eventual starter for us. He will probably start on special teams.

This is a real good 3rd round pick. If you watch Big Ten Football this guy always stands out in the games. He makes plays.

I agree, I watched PSU all year and this guy was consistently making plays. I just hope he can make the transfer to the pros.
Saw some Cards fans who were pissed we got Bowman
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

they got washington why are they trippin
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

I think its just anger from their crappy black alt. uniforms.
Originally posted by teeohh:

They took some crappy WR from Citadel and we get a guy with close to first round talent. I'd be pissed if I was them too
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Bowman is an absolute stud of a LB...if he would've stayed out of trouble, he might've gone in the late 1st or very early 2nd this year.

I agree in that he is a good LB.... But i just dont see how he fits with our defense... at 6-0 242... Maybe outside linebacker maybe inside... I think he would be a Stud in a 4-3 no problem...
Originally posted by al49erfan:
Bowman is an absolute stud of a LB...if he would've stayed out of trouble, he might've gone in the late 1st or very early 2nd this year.

I agree in that he is a good LB.... But i just dont see how he fits with our defense... at 6-0 242... Maybe outside linebacker maybe inside... I think he would be a Stud in a 4-3 no problem...

In his conference call he said he expects to play inside. Have we found Takeo's heir?
I had Bowman going to the LB needy Saints in early mocks, so for us to get him in the 3rd is amazing!
Originally posted by al49erfan:

Spikes is around 242, and he plays the TED pretty well. He'll have the chance to learn behind TK for a year, bulk up a little, then likely take over inside next to PW.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home