There are 199 users in the forums

With the 91st pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

• Ang
  • Hall of Fame
The San Francisco 49ers select LB, Navorro Bowman, Penn State

Please use this thread to debate this pick. You will also find an "Official" thread in "Niner Talk" that can be used to discuss this player and what he'll bring to the team. Additional threads may be locked or merged (and members warned) at the discretion of the moderating staff.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Bump
heir to spikes?
addressed a OLB need (though they also signed LaBoy), but perhaps should have got a CB or DE Everson Griffen who was available (and still is as of the end of the 3rd round).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sing said he'll compete with McKillop at linebacker. He's got to be better than him.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Sing said he'll compete with McKillop at linebacker. He's got to be better than him.

He looks light years ahead of McKillop in term of athleticism and play making ability. McKillop was never the long term answer. He's more of a Jeff Ulbrich type of player.
ST this year, OLB rotation until someone grabs hold of those jobs for good. Hopefully can step in for Spikes next year. Seems like a good kid.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by mayo63:

He looks light years ahead of McKillop in term of athleticism and play making ability. McKillop was never the long term answer. He's more of a Jeff Ulbrich type of player.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he beats out McKillop for that backup spot.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
addressed a OLB need (though they also signed LaBoy), but perhaps should have got a CB or DE Everson Griffen who was available (and still is as of the end of the 3rd round).

I think we're gonna trade back next year's fourth plus something else tomorrow and get our 4th back to get the last descent CB left. 4th round CBs can carry some value sometimes.
I go to Penn State and I am ecstatic that we picked Bowman. He is a hard time player. I think he will be great for us. He won't contribute right away, but he will in the near future.

Anyone know why we traded back in the 3rd? What did we get out of it?
Bowman is an absolute stud of a LB...if he would've stayed out of trouble, he might've gone in the late 1st or very early 2nd this year.
We are drafting BPA and filling needs marvelously! Fingers x-ed for trading up with next years picks for Ansah.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Anyone know why we traded back in the 3rd? What did we get out of it?

91, which was Bowman, 193 (6th round) and the Chargers 4th next year.
He's a real good football player. He has great football instincts and makes plays all over the field. He has good game speed and can roam sideline to sideline. He could be an eventual starter for us. He will probably start on special teams.

This is a real good 3rd round pick. If you watch Big Ten Football this guy always stands out in the games. He makes plays.
Share 49ersWebzone