There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

With the 49th pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

I gotta be honest here: I found out from Matt Maiocco through Twitter that we had selected Mays. I then responded to his tweet with my first thought of the pick:

@MattMaiocco No! anyone but him! Not Mays! He's Darnell Bing II!

LOL @ myself!
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I gotta be honest here: I found out from Matt Maiocco through Twitter that we had selected Mays. I then responded to his tweet with my first thought of the pick:

@MattMaiocco No! anyone but him! Not Mays! He's Darnell Bing II!

LOL @ myself!

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I gotta be honest here: I found out from Matt Maiocco through Twitter that we had selected Mays. I then responded to his tweet with my first thought of the pick:

@MattMaiocco No! anyone but him! Not Mays! He's Darnell Bing II!

LOL @ myself!


Hey at least I'm honest, right?

Who could have seen the signs: The 49ers, with the 49th pick chooses Mays to play centerfield for San Francisco, who also happens to be a DB from USC.

I mean, c'mon! What's the odds of the above happening?
Initially I was a bit hesitant about this pick, I loved the value, but just a bit hesitant for some reason. However, when I read up on Mays a bit, and looked at his reaction, I'm sold. The guy is a worker, and he's got a chip on his shoulder. If you're willing to work, you can be taught, especially if you come from a family of football pedigree like Mays does.

Singletary made an excellent point about how Mays may not have been used optimally at USC. They pretty much put him 20 yards away from scrimmage and relied on his athleticism to make plays, it didn't seem like they focused on training him up very much. Mays also made a point that when he asked Carrol on what he had to improve in his Senior year, he was told he was fine, so he was never really given proper coaching on how to be a better ballhawk or form tackler.

Mays has the drive and fire to want to be great. I think USC just saw him as an athletic freak and let him try to destroy people with shoulder hits and didn't care, because NCAA players were so much smaller than him, that he laid waste back there. The guy is willing and eager to learn, and has a lot to prove, since he basically went from a top 15 pick in the 2009 draft to 49th now. I think he has a chance to be very special for us.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Initially I was a bit hesitant about this pick, I loved the value, but just a bit hesitant for some reason. However, when I read up on Mays a bit, and looked at his reaction, I'm sold. The guy is a worker, and he's got a chip on his shoulder. If you're willing to work, you can be taught, especially if you come from a family of football pedigree like Mays does.

Singletary made an excellent point about how Mays may not have been used optimally at USC. They pretty much put him 20 yards away from scrimmage and relied on his athleticism to make plays, it didn't seem like they focused on training him up very much. Mays also made a point that when he asked Carrol on what he had to improve in his Senior year, he was told he was fine, so he was never really given proper coaching on how to be a better ballhawk or form tackler.

Mays has the drive and fire to want to be great. I think USC just saw him as an athletic freak and let him try to destroy people with shoulder hits and didn't care, because NCAA players were so much smaller than him, that he laid waste back there. The guy is willing and eager to learn, and has a lot to prove, since he basically went from a top 15 pick in the 2009 draft to 49th now. I think he has a chance to be very special for us.

I totally agree he will be special for us, the 49th pick for the 49ers it has to be fate
I have a feeling I'm going to learn to like this pick!

I wanted us to grab Mount Cody instead, but I'm fine with Mays.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I gotta be honest here: I found out from Matt Maiocco through Twitter that we had selected Mays. I then responded to his tweet with my first thought of the pick:

@MattMaiocco No! anyone but him! Not Mays! He's Darnell Bing II!

LOL @ myself!


Hey at least I'm honest, right?

Who could have seen the signs: The 49ers, with the 49th pick chooses Mays to play centerfield for San Francisco, who also happens to be a DB from USC.

I mean, c'mon! What's the odds of the above happening?

We are trading his rights to the Giants for Lincecum!
I want to know what number Mays is getting! I can't find it anywhere!
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I want to know what number Mays is getting! I can't find it anywhere!

23 dude...
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I want to know what number Mays is getting! I can't find it anywhere!

23
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I want to know what number Mays is getting! I can't find it anywhere!

Look in the "Taylor Mays is a Niner!!" Thread in Niner Talk..
Here you go Dynasty
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Here you go Dynasty

SWEET! Thanks Diva, you know how to help a friend out!

Now I gotta go get me one!
Id like to see mays hit the rams receivers. They got a bunch of little dudes.

Avery, Burton, Gilyard. He might actually knock one out.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Here you go Dynasty

SWEET! Thanks Diva, you know how to help a friend out!

Now I gotta go get me one!

Nice