LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

What if we traded out of both #1s?

Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Replace Reshad Jones with Morgan Burnett tho. (just my opinion)

Hell no. Jones is the real deal

40yard dash: 4.5 at the NFL combine
Strength: 24 reps at NFL combine

In this vid, playing against Florida, Percy Harvin jukes alot of ppl for a big gain then tries a spin move and gets drilled backwards by Mr Jones. He will help with those pesky screens that gave us so much trouble.

Originally posted by nickbradley:

There are rumors that Philly and Dallas want Earl Thomas and want to trade up for him.

So, let's say Philly trades us the #24 and #55 for the #13 and #113 (even-point trade).

Philly takes Earl Thomas

So, #17 comes around and Jimmy Clausen is still on the board. Minnesota calls, and trades us their #30 and #62.

Now, we have the 24, 30, 49, 55, 62, and 79...as well as a few 6th and 7th round throwaways.

What would you do with those 6 picks? Here's what I would do:

24 - OT Charles Brown
30 - CB Devin McCourty
49 - RB Jahvid Best
55 - S Reshad Jones
62 - DE/OLB Koa Misi
79 - G John Jerry

With all of the trading and movement we would still come out with 6 quality picks instead of 4 that would work for me. Oline, Backfield, RB and OLB would be settled. Good draft.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

There are rumors that Philly and Dallas want Earl Thomas and want to trade up for him.

So, let's say Philly trades us the #24 and #55 for the #13 and #113 (even-point trade).

Philly takes Earl Thomas

So, #17 comes around and Jimmy Clausen is still on the board. Minnesota calls, and trades us their #30 and #62.

Now, we have the 24, 30, 49, 55, 62, and 79...as well as a few 6th and 7th round throwaways.

24 - OT Charles Brown
30 - CB Devin McCourty
49 - RB Jahvid Best
55 - S Reshad Jones
62 - DE/OLB Koa Misi
79 - G John Jerry

With all of the trading and movement we would still come out with 6 quality picks instead of 4 that would work for me. Oline, Backfield, RB and OLB would be settled. Good draft.

Agreed.

However, there's a good chance that Brown, Best and McCourty would not be there at the positions projected. Under these long shot scenarios, it's better to project a range of possibilities, i.e., several possible players at each position, in case . . .
whatever is the better value, I do not see the 9ers trading back for even compesation however.

Baalke made the statement we will get the players we target in this draft. I have a feeling if a team wants our 13 or 17 pick they are going to have to make it worth our while.

This is a deep draft however and more picks is just smart IMO so if we pulled the trigger i wouldn't mind.

Especially if it laid out like you have it.
If we traded out of both #1 picks the zone would go balistic and may go to 49ers HQ and tear some heads off.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Philly takes Earl Thomas

24 - OT Charles Brown
30 - CB Devin McCourty
49 - RB Jahvid Best
55 - S Reshad Jones
62 - DE/OLB Koa Misi
79 - G John Jerry

Thats not gonna happen buddy, but if it does--let jerry "mummy" jones ship marion barber to sf instead
  • flow
  • Veteran
They might trade one of them, but I highly doubt they would trade both. The master of wheeling and dealing has passed on.

Share 49ersWebzone