LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Peter King's (SI) Final Mock Draft

Not really any big surprises there.. I'm not a King fan at all, so I don't put much stock into what he says...

Why does everyone think Denver needs another OLB? They have Dumervil and Ayers. Am I missing something? The way I see it, they need to improve their Dline and Safety positions.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I'm sorry, but this draft loses all credibility by Charles Brown not going in the 1st. That is just rediculous. He may go ahead of both Bulaga and Davis.

Really, that did it? To me it lost all credibility when it had the name Peter King on it. So now that it's a guarantee we won't draft Haden or Iupati, who will it be?

I never said it's a guarantee we won't draft Haden or Iupati, stop putting words in my mouth. We certainly won't make two picks (neither of which is an OT), with Charles Brown still on the board.

If an "analyst" is so delusional as to think that Charles Brown will fall out of the first round (after Roger Saffold mind you), then I simply don't respect his opinion.... especially with hundreds of more reasonable mocks on the webzone alone. I will bet you $1,000 on 1,000 to 1 odds that Charles Brown is drafted in the first round. It is such a certainty that Peter King should have titled the Mock, Charles Brown doesn't go in the first round just to acknowledge the absurdity of that outcome.... not to mention Tebow before McCoy (though stranger things happen).

I have a hunch that both the 49ers and Seahawks are HIGHLY interested in Brown (notice how we haven't so much as sniffed around him, yet he is arguably the best pass protector in the draft and likely to fall to our pick). Also notice how perfect a mobile lineman like he will be for our new zone blocking scheme. I think we realistically target Charles Brown, Anthony Davis, Joe Haden, CJ Spiler, Maurikice Pouncey, and Mike Iupati. I had a feeling we were targeting Brandon Graham, but am no longer so sure with the Leboy signing.

Dude, you really have persecution issues. You should talk to someone. The inference I was making is that since King says it will happen you can guarantee that it won't. Don't know how that could have read any other way.
Solid
best mock draft from maybe the best and most reliable nfl writer. anyone see pat kirwan's last mock yet? he is good to.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Someone really loves Charlie Brown...

While he could be picked by the 49ers at 17, it seems that most draftniks view that as a slight reach. He probably will go in the first round, but it is not inconceivable that he falls into the second.
Originally posted by fryet:
Someone really loves Charlie Brown...

While he could be picked by the 49ers at 17, it seems that most draftniks view that as a slight reach. He probably will go in the first round, but it is not inconceivable that he falls into the second.

I think he could go as high as 14 and if San Fran does not take an OT at 13, there is a good chance they take him at 17.
I'm sorry, but this draft loses all credibility by Charles Brown not going in the 1st. That is just rediculous. He may go ahead of both Bulaga and Davis.

Really, that did it? To me it lost all credibility when it had the name Peter King on it. So now that it's a guarantee we won't draft Haden or Iupati, who will it be?

I never said it's a guarantee we won't draft Haden or Iupati, stop putting words in my mouth. We certainly won't make two picks (neither of which is an OT), with Charles Brown still on the board.

If an "analyst" is so delusional as to think that Charles Brown will fall out of the first round (after Roger Saffold mind you), then I simply don't respect his opinion.... especially with hundreds of more reasonable mocks on the webzone alone. I will bet you $1,000 on 1,000 to 1 odds that Charles Brown is drafted in the first round. It is such a certainty that Peter King should have titled the Mock, Charles Brown doesn't go in the first round just to acknowledge the absurdity of that outcome.... not to mention Tebow before McCoy (though stranger things happen).

I have a hunch that both the 49ers and Seahawks are HIGHLY interested in Brown (notice how we haven't so much as sniffed around him, yet he is arguably the best pass protector in the draft and likely to fall to our pick). Also notice how perfect a mobile lineman like he will be for our new zone blocking scheme. I think we realistically target Charles Brown, Anthony Davis, Joe Haden, CJ Spiler, Maurikice Pouncey, and Mike Iupati. I had a feeling we were targeting Brandon Graham, but am no longer so sure with the Leboy signing.

Dude, you really have persecution issues. You should talk to someone. The inference I was making is that since King says it will happen you can guarantee that it won't. Don't know how that could have read any other way.

Yeah, and I read it the same way. But you have a problem of thinking marginally. Saying that one player will be drafted in the first round is entirely different than matching up individual players with individual team's draft boards. Players fall in the draft, but not elite college pass blockers with no injury history or blatant character concerns. You'd be hard pressed to find a respected analyst that doesn''t think he is a top 25 talent, and the simple truth about the NFL is left tackles cost a premium.... making him all the more valuable.

Saying that belief in something is rediculous does not equate to knowing with certainty that the opposite will occur. Thinking the world will end tomorrow is ridiculous, yet we cannot know with a certainty that it won't happen.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 21, 2010 at 6:36 PM ]
I wouldn't be surprised if Charles Brown didn't get drafted in the first round.

gbnreport.com has him ranked 36
footballsfuture.com has him ranked 31
thefootballexpert.com has him ranked 34
scout.com has him ranked 47
nfldraftscout.com has him 34

I think its a very real possiblity he falls out of the 1st round. I think he'll be drafted in the first but I can see him falling out.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
24 hours from now and we will know who we got at #13 and maybe #17 too
Rather get a tackle or move back at 17.

Originally posted by miked1978:

I think its a very real possiblity he falls out of the 1st round. I think he'll be drafted in the first but I can see him falling out.

Yes, and not a single one of them is a well respected nfl draft source. Some of them have Jonathan Dwyer as the #1 runningback and Bruce Campbell as the number 2/3 OT.
No Haden.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
this is what i'm hoping for
Tebow to the Vikings ????

I know their high on CB Kareem Jackson but then they signed Lito Sheppard??

I dont see Tebow being drafted until the 4th round, unless the Dolphins grab him earlier to work him into their Wildcat offense
Originally posted by miked1978:

Yes, and not a single one of them is a well respected nfl draft source. Some of them have Jonathan Dwyer as the #1 runningback and Bruce Campbell as the number 2/3 OT.

Dude are you pulling numbers out of your ass? None of them have Campbell as the 2/3 OT. And none of them have Dwyer as the #1 RB.

In fact all have Campell as their 5th best OT except Scott Wright has him his 4th. And the highest Dwyer ranks is 5th on all of them.
Share 49ersWebzone