LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Peter King's (SI) Final Mock Draft

PK has us taking Haden and Iupati. I think that the KC pick is pretty absurd -- no way any team takes Bulaga over Okung...I personalyl think that Berry goes to KC. If that happens, this whole mock blows up because Cleveland has to take Clausen, Spiller, Dez, Morgan, Haden, Thomas, etc. If that happens, a Top 4 OT falls to us and we then go skill position @ 17...my bet would be Wlison or Thomas.

Interesting to note that PK says that he was 'very close' to having us take Dez Bryant @ 17.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/21/mock.draft/index.html

1. St. Louis
Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
Rams need a face of the franchise -- and an accurate deep arm. Bradford's both.

2. Detroit
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Coach Jim Schwartz had Albert Haynesworth in Tennessee. He thinks Suh's better.

3. Tampa Bay
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Easiest pick in the draft. For Bucs, value of McCoy is twice any other player left.

4. Washington
Trent Williams, T, Oklahoma
Got a sick feeling Shanahan wants to deal down, pick a QB. Crazy, but that's him.

5. Kansas City
Bryan Bulaga, T, Iowa
Sinking on most boards, but GM Pioli sees meat-and-potatoes left tackle for a decade.

6. Seattle
Russell Okung, T, Oklahoma State
'Hawks rejoice. A month ago, Okung was top tackle on most NFL draft boards.

7. Cleveland
Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
But if Williams or Okung's around, this will be a very tough call for GM Tom Heckert.

8. Oakland
Anthony Davis, T, Rutgers
Chalk pick -- big, athletic OT -- but since when do Raiders make the chalk pick?

9. Buffalo
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Chan Gailey gets the only top nose tackle in draft to anchor his 3-4 defense.

10. Jacksonville
C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
I know he has Maurice Jones-Drew ... but Jack Del Rio thinks Spiller can be the next Chris Johnson.

11.* Giants (from Den.)
Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
TRADE: G-men desperate to get long-term middle linebacker. Figure they can't wait until 15th pick.

12.^ Philadelphia (from Miami)
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
TRADE: Eagles lost out on two free-agent gems -- Julius Peppers and Aaron Kampman -- and need a defensive end.

13. San Francisco
Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Lucky Niner night, getting the best corner in the draft in the middle of the first round.

14. Seattle
Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
It doesn't fit after Charlie Whitehurst deal, but 'Hawks think he's a top-5 player in draft.

15.* Denver
Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
Broncos would be happy with Kyle Wilson, Dez Bryant or Maurkice Pouncey here.

16. Tennessee
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
Titan task: Replenishing the defensive line one pass-rusher at a time, with a Jevon Kearse clone.

17. San Francisco
Mike Iupati, OL, Idaho
I came very close to putting Dez Bryant here. Imagine a Bryant/Michael Crabtree combo. Scary.

18. Pittsburgh
Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
The Pouncey fan club is growing. Six mid-first-round teams could take him by early 20s.

19. Atlanta
Earl Thomas, S, Texas
No one thought he'd fall this far. I'm still not sure he will. But Falcons have to pounce.

20. Houston
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
Texans steal Wilson, a physical force with good closing speed, this low in the round.

21. Cincinnati
Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

Watch Oklahoma on tape. Gresham's so athletic you'll think you're watching a wideout.

22. New England
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
"Coach Belichick? Dez Bryant's babysitter on line two.'' I don't care. I love the pick.

23. Green Bay
Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
Bookend for Clay Matthews had 34.5 tackles for loss his last two years at Texas.

24.^ Miami
Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
I know Dolphins love Mathews and would settle for him ... but like others here too.

25. Baltimore
DeMaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
Anquan Boldin. Donte' Stallworth. Thomas. Talk about rebuilding the weakest point of a playoff team.

26. Arizona
Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
Cards begin to rebuild the defense that got laid waste this off-season with pass-rusher.

27. Dallas
Taylor Mays, S, USC
I say they rue the day they don't take tackle of the future, but Dallas likes speedy safety.

28. San Diego
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
Ideal draft for Chargers is Dan Williams in first, Stanford RB Toby Gerhart down the line.

29. New York Jets
Jahvid Best, RB, Cal
This pick makes no sense -- unless you think Leon Washington and LaDainian Tomlinson are short-timers.

30. Minnesota
Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
A hunch. Nothing more. Brett Favre lasts another year (two at the outside) while Tebow grows.

31. Indianapolis
Rodger Saffold, T, Indiana
Colts tab an athletic left tackle candidate to fill a position they've been longing to cement for years.

32. New Orleans
Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
Watch for pass-rush help too, like TCU outside linebacker Daryl Washington. But they need CB relief.
Of course King has Tebow going in the first.

Shocker of the year.

Not a bad mock overall though.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Shocker of the year.

I think MIN is Tebow's most likely landing spot if somebody doesn't trade up.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Shocker of the year.

A lot of people have Tebow going in the first... even the NFL invited him to the draft and they wouldnt do that unless there was a chance of him going in round 1
I'm sorry, but this draft loses all credibility by Charles Brown not going in the 1st. That is just rediculous. He may go ahead of both Bulaga and Davis.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I'm sorry, but this draft loses all credibility by Charles Brown not going in the 1st. That is just rediculous. He may go ahead of both Bulaga and Davis.

+1

s**t, I didn't even see no Charles Brown. In that case:

Shocker of the year.

While McCoy is still on the board... not gonna happen.

Shocker of the year.

McCoy will go before Tebow

Shocker of the year.

This.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

+1

+2
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Really, that did it? To me it lost all credibility when it had the name Peter King on it. So now that it's a guarantee we won't draft Haden or Iupati, who will it be?
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Dez on the Niners
Originally posted by TX9R:

Really, that did it? To me it lost all credibility when it had the name Peter King on it. So now that it's a guarantee we won't draft Haden or Iupati, who will it be?

I never said it's a guarantee we won't draft Haden or Iupati, stop putting words in my mouth. We certainly won't make two picks (neither of which is an OT), with Charles Brown still on the board.

If an "analyst" is so delusional as to think that Charles Brown will fall out of the first round (after Roger Saffold mind you), then I simply don't respect his opinion.... especially with hundreds of more reasonable mocks on the webzone alone. I will bet you $1,000 on 1,000 to 1 odds that Charles Brown is drafted in the first round. It is such a certainty that Peter King should have titled the Mock, Charles Brown doesn't go in the first round just to acknowledge the absurdity of that outcome.... not to mention Tebow before McCoy (though stranger things happen).

I have a hunch that both the 49ers and Seahawks are HIGHLY interested in Brown (notice how we haven't so much as sniffed around him, yet he is arguably the best pass protector in the draft and likely to fall to our pick). Also notice how perfect a mobile lineman like he will be for our new zone blocking scheme. I think we realistically target Charles Brown, Anthony Davis, Joe Haden, CJ Spiler, Maurikice Pouncey, and Mike Iupati. I had a feeling we were targeting Brandon Graham, but am no longer so sure with the Leboy signing.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Apr 21, 2010 at 12:50 PM ]
Originally posted by TX9R:

I never said it's a guarantee we won't draft Haden or Iupati, stop putting words in my mouth. We certainly won't make two picks (neither of which is an OT), with Charles Brown still on the board.

If an "analyst" is so delusional as to think that Charles Brown will fall out of the first round (after Roger Saffold mind you), then I simply don't respect his opinion.... especially with hundreds of more reasonable mocks on the webzone alone. I will bet you $1,000 on 1,000 to 1 odds that Charles Brown is drafted in the first round. It is such a certainty that Peter King should have titled the Mock, Charles Brown doesn't go in the first round just to acknowledge the absurdity of that outcome.... not to mention Tebow before McCoy (though stranger things happen).

I have a hunch that both the 49ers and Seahawks are HIGHLY interested in Brown (notice how we haven't so much as sniffed around him, yet he is arguably the best pass protector in the draft and likely to fall to our pick). Also notice how perfect a mobile lineman like he will be for our new zone blocking scheme. I think we realistically target Charles Brown, Anthony Davis, Joe Haden, CJ Spiler, Maurikice Pouncey, and Mike Iupati.

I actually made a bet once that there was "no way" a player would get out of the second round. I bet a friend $100 that there was no f-ing way drew brees makes it out of the first round and, lo and behold, he's the 33rd pick.
Share 49ersWebzone