LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Rumor: Iupati to Raiders at #8

• mayo49
  • Veteran
How about a trade up with the Raiders? We take Bulaga at 8 and they take Iupati at 17?
Good, another player will drop to us. Not really a fan of Iupati but is hes pick by the niners i will embrace him for that very same reason, Same with clausen.
I like Iaputi, but would be fine with Oakland taking him early. The more top 10 players that drop, the better.
FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER BOARD:

Citing "two league sources who know the Raiders well," Smith says the Raiders are now targeting Iupati. The consensus among scouts is that Iupati is best served by staying at guard. It's not surprising, however, that Al Davis' team believes they can make a LEFT TACKLE out of the one of the best guard prospects of recent years.'

I know at the Senior Bowl it was his first time playing tackle but didn't he struggle majorly at RT? Now throw him on the other side against guys like Freeney, Allen, etc.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I've heard Kyle Wilson going to the Raiders as well.

Personally, I believe that the Raiders are going to take the best taclke available NOT named Bulaga.

Good that means either Balaga or Davis falls to us.

I was hoping to get both Iupati and an OT. But you may be right, chances that an OT falls to #13 just increased.
Smoke screen.

If it is true, then 1 of the top OT's will be there at #13 for sure. At 17 we can go Pauncey(whatever his name is). Getting a top OT and the top OG/C may be better in the long run.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Raiders helped us land Crabtree last year, they may help us get Davis this year.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
LOL, da raiders..........drafting a OG at #8. If they want him that bad they should be creative and trade down. What a bunch of tools over there. But.....its all smoke screens though.

I generally don’t believe anything I hear the week leading up to the draft. But it was this time last year the Tyson Jackson @ 3 rumors got started.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER BOARD:

Citing "two league sources who know the Raiders well," Smith says the Raiders are now targeting Iupati. The consensus among scouts is that Iupati is best served by staying at guard. It's not surprising, however, that Al Davis' team believes they can make a LEFT TACKLE out of the one of the best guard prospects of recent years.'

I know at the Senior Bowl it was his first time playing tackle but didn't he struggle majorly at RT? Now throw him on the other side against guys like Freeney, Allen, etc.

Actually, Iupati did horribly at ROG and did well at LOG in the game. In practice, he actually did well at RT. I was hoping to be able to see him at that spot in the game, but it didn't happen. I remember Mayock liked what he saw in practice and then later backed up a little bit saying he could play tackle, but would take some time. He also thought that Iupati is a pro-bowl LOG.

I would love me some Bulaga/Davis and Iupati!
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Smoke screen.

If it is true, then 1 of the top OT's will be there at #13 for sure. At 17 we can go Pauncey(whatever his name is). Getting a top OT and the top OG/C may be better in the long run.

They probably would pass on one of the top OTs for someone like Bruce Campbell anyway

Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
LOL, da raiders..........drafting a OG at #8. If they want him that bad they should be creative and trade down. What a bunch of tools over there. But.....its all smoke screens though.

I generally don’t believe anything I hear the week leading up to the draft. But it was this time last year the Tyson Jackson @ 3 rumors got started.

ya and i thought that was a smokescreen i did not see that coming

i dont think the raiders will trade down because well last year for DHB they couldve easily traded down 20 spots and got him i think if they take iupati they take him at 8 and btw i think its worse for us because he wont be there at 17 we really need OT and i dont think the raiders would get one not named bruce cambell
Bulaga is the perfect RT for us, I just think KC gobbles him up at 5.

I think Bulaga is going to be a guy who falls tomorrow night. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the board at 13.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Smoke screen.

Why not take TWO OTs that can play guard?

What if we took Bulaga AND Davis??? both played guard in college -- the loser plays guard.
Iupati is going to go earlier than expected by many. In my latest projections, I had him at number 15 to the Giants, but there are number of teams who really like him, A LOT. The Raiders may be one of those teams.

I think many people overreacted to his play at RG in the Senior Bowl game. The bottom line is that he dominated in the practice sessions all week, which is far more important to scouts and coaches.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Bulaga is the perfect RT for us, I just think KC gobbles him up at 5.

I think Bulaga is going to be a guy who falls tomorrow night. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the board at 13.

If Bulaga and Davis are there at 13 who do you take, Mad?
Share 49ersWebzone