There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

niners reported having strong interest in qb jimmy clausen

as much i dont want clausen, i won't be extremely mad, and will eventually have to live with it. meaning that after a while, i'll be ok. Sometimes your favorite team doesn't do things that fans want, but true fans will always be fans. With that said, i like those picks stoney. How i about i throw a curve ball, 13 clausen, 17 mike iupati or joe haden? which one at 17 you like?
Originally posted by 49ERSFAN4EVER:
as much i dont want clausen, i won't be extremely mad, and will eventually have to live with it. meaning that after a while, i'll be ok. Sometimes your favorite team doesn't do things that fans want, but true fans will always be fans. With that said, i like those picks stoney. How i about i throw a curve ball, 13 clausen, 17 mike iupati or joe haden? which one at 17 you like?

I understand the desire to get a "franchise QB" however without an OL we are just wishing in one hand and sh()ting in the other.

That "franchise QB" will require trading up and giving up 13 and 17. Still no RT.

Give me Davis and Haden, Smitty, Carr, and Davis.

If Anthony Davis can't go right away, maybe Boone can. Maybe we put Staley at RT again and play Simms at LT with Boone and Davis and Snyder as backups.

Or we get Haden and Iupati.
with 13 and 17, i would be happy if the 49ers selected mike iupati and joe haden!
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
If we draft a QB and no OL, we are the same place we were 5 years ago with Alex.

You don't draft a Rookie QB without an OL. Period.

Walsh sure as hell didn't.

He had Cross, Ayers, Quinlan, Fahnhorst.

Those guys were all young, reasonably high draft picks.

They learned their craft . . .

. . .

. . .

At Steve DeBerg's expense.

By the time Joe started in 81 those guys had 3 or 4 years under the BOB MOTHER FORKING MCKITTRICK

To draft a QB is nice. But without the OL, you are just shucking and jiving.

BIG UGLIES

BIG UGLIES

BIG UGLIES

To get Clausen we'd have to give up way too much, for what, a pine rider.

Oh great, we have Vlasic ins San Jose and Clausen in SF, home of the pickles and the Pickle Family Circus.

Stick with the PLAN

Give me 300 Pound MAN

Just to play devil's advocate, what if they draft a big fat guy at 13 and then QB at 17, BUT the plan is to sit the young QB like you're supposed to do?

Ok, but I guess that means we've given up on Nate Davis without seeing him because he wouldn't survive waivers.

The coaches know best about his progression.

The QB at 17 won't be Claussen according to most mocks. Are you talking Colt McCoy or Tebow?

I'm not claiming anything. I was just playing d/a.
I'm not too enthusiastic about selecting Clausen but if he happens to fall to the 17th spot and truly is the best player available, I could understand. However, to actually target him and be willing to trade both first round picks to get him, well that’s just nuts.

I just don't see it happening.