There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade our 2nd Rounder this year for a 1st Next year?

Would you guys be open to trading our 2nd rounder again, for the second consecutive year...at the possibility of getting lucky and gaining a high 1st round pick?

For a few reasons, but the key one centering around:

Trading up our 2 potential first round picks in the 2011 draft for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU0JZhRHzMI

JAKE LOCKER

Maybe the highest and best QB Prospect, since Peyton Manning....with much better Feet!

I say yes.
lol...

there may not even be a next year...that would be silly.
THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!

Superbowl or BUST!!!
Originally posted by MaliCali:
lol...

Even with an NFL LockOut , i heard the Draft still will be done as soon as the Leage resumes from its Lockout!

Idk, its something to think about. Alex Smith has 1 yr left and this will be a great safety Blanket.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Would you guys be open to trading our 2nd rounder again, for the second consecutive year...at the possibility of getting lucky and gaining a high 1st round pick?

JAKE LOCKER

Maybe the highest and best QB Prospect, since Peyton Manning....with much better Feet!

I say yes.

What is so great about this guy? I saw him play a couple times last year and didn't notice anything special. People are hyping him up like motherf**ker!
Originally posted by MaliCali:
lol...

Even with an NFL LockOut , i heard the Draft still will be done as soon as the Leage resumes from its Lockout!

Idk, its something to think about. Alex Smith has 1 yr left and this will be a great safety Blanket.

We have Radio.
Originally posted by pelos21:

JAKE LOCKER

I say yes.

What is so great about this guy? I saw him play a couple times last year and didn't notice anything special. People are hyping him up like motherf**ker!

Whatttt??????????? He single handedly won about 2-3 games on his own for that team. He is the real deal.
Not Bad
HELL no to trading our 2nd for a 1st!

If we cant land a suitable BPA at #17 then I would be willing to trade back some to pick up a 2nd.

This is one of the best draft classes in recent history and we should get several starters.
no

1. this year's draft is very deep
2. the division is ours to take this year if we add the right pieces
3. uncertainty about a possible lockout next year
Heck no. We need our 2nd this year, it's a cost effective pick that can land us a very good player. If anything we need more 2nd rounders.
Originally posted by pelos21:

JAKE LOCKER

I say yes.

He has a catching unique last name that would look cool on the back of a jersey, who wouldn't draft him!
It's a thought, but no, I wouldn't. This is a deep draft because of all the juniors that came out while the getting was good. Right now we're set to get 5 of the 1st 113 players in a very deep and talented draft. I'd make the picks this year. The chances of getting Locker are pretty slim next year anyway. You know whoever ends up with the 1st pick is going to need a QB.
No ...Keep it, we could get a real talented player at #49, we could draft the BPA
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I would always trade a 2nd for next year's first. It means we can always trade up in next year's draft to get someone that we want. Let's say Alex fails to prove he is our QB of the future. Wouldn't it be nice to have 2 first round picks next year to try and get our next QB?