There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jon Gruden on Jimmy Clausen

Gruden was on Colin Cowherd today and talked about all 4 QBs, but since I think Clausen is the most NFL ready QB and I thought his comments on Clausen were an eye-opener:

Here's the link to Colin podcast page, just click on the Gruden interview and fast forward to 4:05. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=theherd

Btw, I have yet to hear one contingency plan WHEN (not if) Alex fails this season on how to solve THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION on the football field.
[ Edited by DesiDez on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:09 PM ]
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Gruden was on Colin Cowherd today and talked about all 4 QBs, but since I think Clausen is the most NFL ready QB and I thought his comments on Clausen were an eye-opener:

Here's the link to Colin podcast page, just click on the Gruden interview and fast forward to 4:05.

Btw, I have yet to hear one contingency plan WHEN (not if) Alex fails this season on how to solve THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION on the football field.

since you know the future, why don't you tell us what the contingency plan is?

Also, link fail.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Here's the link to Colin podcast page, just click on the Gruden interview and fast forward to 4:05.

Also, link fail.

With the 13th pick of 2010 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.

Also, link fail.

With the 13th pick of 2010 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.

if that happens, you are dead to me.

With the 13th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Ryan Leaf...uh, I mean Jimmy Clausen...

Also, link fail.

hope not bad attitude and bad maturity over confidense and small hands means bust waiting to happen

Here's the link to Colin podcast page, just click on the Gruden interview and fast forward to 4:05. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=theherd

You're clearly a fool! Why would we spend our time imagining an alternate universe where Alex Smith will be anything but the MVP in 2010? People bring up a good point. What do you do with Claussen if Smith makes it to the pro-bowl? This is ultimate truth, and I've thought long and hard about it and realized....why draft anyone?! Just hear me out. Why would we draft a RT? What will we do with him if Adam Snyder turns up a pro-bowl season? Kick returner? Whaaaa??? Are you guys crazy!!?!?!? What if Michael Robinson starts brining all the kicks back for a score....what will we do with the recently drafted rookie? And corner? Yeah, as if we don't already have Paymah. Don't even get me started with Iupati. As if Baas has any reason not to be the best guard in the league next year.

People who ask what to do with Claussen if Alex Smith becomes a pro-bolwer give me a headache.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:

With the 13th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select Ryan Leaf...uh, I mean Jimmy Clausen...
hahahahaha. it's funny cuz it's true

We already have two Ryan Leafs on this team.
[ Edited by DesiDez on Apr 19, 2010 at 7:12 PM ]

We already two Ryan Leafs on this team.

Third Leaf is the charm?
I think Clausen is by far the most NFL Ready QB in the draft and I do think he is also the best QB in the draft. That all being said, I feel good about Alex Smith being our starting QB, David Carr backing him up and Nate Davis as the 3rd QB and potentially our backup or even starter.

We already two Ryan Leafs on this team.

Third Leaf is the charm?

I loled

-9fA
its not a surprise that clausen is the most nfl ready qb after playing in a pro style offense under weiss its one of his advantages
If we drafted Clausen...the question that must be answered is who do you cut...Alex? Not. Carr? Not...he's the only experienced QB behind Alex. Davis? I wouldn't...too much upside and already knows the system. So, while some think it's "sexy" or whatever to say draft Clausen, they need to look at the big picture...do you really think Singletary's willing to cut either Carr or Davis to make room for Clausen...and potentially open the season w/Alex and two inexperienced QB's, or cut Davis? I think not...
The QBs in the 2011 draft class is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clausen