LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Barrows latest mock

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Matt Barrows either forgot or doesn't know who Jairus Byrd is. Flip 7 & 9 Mr.Bee-Rows.

Thats what i was thinking, I think he tied for the lead in INT's? If anything they go Haden or Thomas and convert him to CB with that 4.37 speed.

Who Buffalo ?

The Bills won't touch a DB in the first. They will go QB, LT or NT, with a switch to the 3-4 they need an anchor to run it and if not they draft for a dire need at 2 of the most crucial positions on a football team.

Cleveland traded for Sheldon Brown for a reason, to lock up the corner spot opposite Eric Wright. They need a FS, 3-4 DE and pass rush help. I doubt they go QB there unless they do trade up for Braford so I can see them going with Berry, Odrick, Morgan, JPP, Graham or longshot Earl Thomas.

what i meant is if they even consider going secondary they would consider Haden or thomas to play CB because of Jairus.
Originally posted by Walsh:
The only way I would not take an OT in Rd1 is if Boone shows he will start at RT. Otherwise, Iupati would have to shine at RT in his first season for this to be a good idea.

My thinking is if we take Iupati that high we're going to spend a season trying to make him into a RT. Better to take Campbell or Charlie Brown over Iupati. If we want a project at RT, then we might as well take Campbell. At least he plays the position and was a combine warrior.

My nightmare is we take Iupati and try to fit him into RT and he plays slightly better than Snyder. We won't know if he's going to get better until the next season. Baas once again plays lukewarm for a season. Now, what do we draft next year? A Tackle? A guard? Both? Do you stick with the Iupati tackle project or do you give it up and shove him back in the guard position? It's a recipe for disaster.

Take Iupati. Play him in place of Baas. Draft a tackle in the second round. Start Simms and develop the tackle this season. O line: sorted!
This is why I dont agree with Barrows most of the time. Because he doesnt know s**t! We wont take either player, let alone both!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Walsh:
The only way I would not take an OT in Rd1 is if Boone shows he will start at RT. Otherwise, Iupati would have to shine at RT in his first season for this to be a good idea.

My thinking is if we take Iupati that high we're going to spend a season trying to make him into a RT. Better to take Campbell or Charlie Brown over Iupati. If we want a project at RT, then we might as well take Campbell. At least he plays the position and was a combine warrior.

My nightmare is we take Iupati and try to fit him into RT and he plays slightly better than Snyder. We won't know if he's going to get better until the next season. Baas once again plays lukewarm for a season. Now, what do we draft next year? A Tackle? A guard? Both? Do you stick with the Iupati tackle project or do you give it up and shove him back in the guard position? It's a recipe for disaster.

Take Iupati. Play him in place of Baas. Draft a tackle in the second round. Start Simms and develop the tackle this season. O line: sorted!

I like this option much better than reaching for a 'project' tackle in the first or drafting Iupati with the intention of turning him into a tackle.
I trade the 13th with other picks up for Berry. He's there at 9, so why not trade up and get the best player that we are missing on D. Then we could take either Brown or Iupati and another OL in the 2nd. I say a 4th + next years third and #13 for the 9th pick, still gives us our 1st 4 picks.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows either forgot or doesn't know who Jairus Byrd is. Flip 7 & 9 Mr.Bee-Rows.

Thats what i was thinking, I think he tied for the lead in INT's? If anything they go Haden or Thomas and convert him to CB with that 4.37 speed.

Who Buffalo ?

The Bills won't touch a DB in the first. They will go QB, LT or NT, with a switch to the 3-4 they need an anchor to run it and if not they draft for a dire need at 2 of the most crucial positions on a football team.

Cleveland traded for Sheldon Brown for a reason, to lock up the corner spot opposite Eric Wright. They need a FS, 3-4 DE and pass rush help. I doubt they go QB there unless they do trade up for Braford so I can see them going with Berry, Odrick, Morgan, JPP, Graham or longshot Earl Thomas.

what i meant is if they even consider going secondary they would consider Haden or thomas to play CB because of Jairus.

Gotcha

Still doubt they even consider secondary, there will be either an OT worth taking to them (Davis, Williams, Bulaga), Clausen or Dan Williams there for the taking.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/04/tick-tock-its-t.html
#13- Dan Williams
#17- Mike Iupati

thoughts?

I really DON'T like the Williams pick; As Barrows pointed out, he's no help in 2010 and if Franklin re-signs, its a blown pick.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/04/tick-tock-its-t.html
#13- Dan Williams
#17- Mike Iupati

thoughts?

I really DON'T like the Williams pick; As Barrows pointed out, he's no help in 2010 and if Franklin re-signs, its a blown pick.

Not necessarily. Could push him out to LDE and let him compete with Ice and KB for the starting spot.

And the keyword in your statement is IF.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
#13- Dan Williams
#17- Mike Iupati

thoughts?

Not necessarily. Could push him out to LDE and let him compete with Ice and KB for the starting spot.

And the keyword in your statement is IF.

Could be a self-fulfilling prophecy: we low-ball Franklin because we have Williams. Frankin leaves, and we have Williams. At the end of the day, our talent at NT improves 0%.

I don't think KB will be pushing anybody for anything anytime soon, and as we've seen in recent years, rookie DLs are almost nonexistent on the field.
i think both sides want a.franklin extended. i think both sides feel confident he will be extended. i just think they are going to let his play thru midseason determine the amount. i think we learned from smiley and we're not gonna let our best players walk anymore. i dont think franklin has as much value to other team as he does to us so it's a natural fit.

...so i dont like the d.williams pick.

#13 c.brown OT
#17 m.iupati LG or m.pouncey OG/C
#49 a.owusu-ansah

that's how it should go down fellas

wouldn't be thrilled but wouldn't hate it
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
i think both sides want a.franklin extended. i think both sides feel confident he will be extended. i just think they are going to let his play thru midseason determine the amount. i think we learned from smiley and we're not gonna let our best players walk anymore. i dont think franklin has as much value to other team as he does to us so it's a natural fit.

...so i dont like the d.williams pick.

#13 c.brown OT
#17 m.iupati LG or m.pouncey OG/C
#49 a.owusu-ansah

that's how it should go down fellas

Charles Brown at 13? No way!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Overall not really happy with this. Williams would have little to no impact this year and as mentioned by someone else, our focus should be on keeping Franklin around. Also Iupati, he's a good prospect but is a little raw. Williams would have no contribution this year and Iupati won't really be an effective dominant player until 2011.
Im really worried we will take Dan Williams. I feel he could be Kentwan Balmer all over again. A one year wonder who is drafted on his size and potential plus we have more pressing needs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dont like it.
Share 49ersWebzone