LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Barrows latest mock

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/04/tick-tock-its-t.html
#13- Dan Williams
#17- Mike Iupati

thoughts?
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/04/tick-tock-its-t.html
#13- Dan Williams
#17- Mike Iupati

thoughts?

Haven't had time to check the link for the 2nd rounder and lower picks, but I love the first round. As last, an O line.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If the front office doesn't think they lock up Franklin I can see that Mock happening. Sure they have a lot of time to get it done, but if Franklin doesn't budge, Williams could be the NT of the future.
OK having checked, not so good! If I count correctly that is 7 tackles going in the first! MB doesn't seem to do the lower rounds but I guess our chances of getting a decent tackle would be rather slim in this scenario. I still like the first two picks, though.

With Pouncey going in the first as well, he definitely sees this as an O line draft!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
#13- Dan Williams
#17- Mike Iupati

thoughts?

Haven't had time to check the link for the 2nd rounder and lower picks, but I love the first round. As last, an O line.

THATS NOT AN OLINE YET THATS STALEY IUPATE AND HEITMANN. oops caps
I don't like it at all. I realize that Williams is talent at NT. I also realize that NT is a tough spot to fill. But this draft has some depth at NT. I'd much rather grab someone later in the draft that could be groomed to fill in for Franklin down the road.

If the draft plays out like this, trade down at 13. That's much better value IMHO.
Originally posted by fan49:
#13- Dan Williams
#17- Mike Iupati

thoughts?

And Simms. And I hope for an OT in the 2nd. And I think we must give Rachal another year.

lower case!
Originally posted by fan49:
#13- Dan Williams
#17- Mike Iupati

thoughts?

And Simms. And I hope for an OT in the 2nd. And I think we must give Rachal another year.

lower case!
Picking a backup with our first pick. No thanks. Even he says he would hardly play. Didn't we already do this with Balmer? Why do it again?
I wouldn't be against trading up into top 10 with one of our 1st and our 2nd (#49) to grab an OT. That would leave us with a 1st (maybe still get Mike Iupati), 3rd, 4th, 2 6th and a 7th. I think we could cover the rest of our needs with these remaining picks.

This type of aggressiveness would also give me more faith that the front office is looking to do what it takes to win.
[ Edited by brucesf49 on Apr 19, 2010 at 2:01 AM ]

Originally posted by brucesf49:
I wouldn't be against trading up into top 10 with one of our 1st and our 2nd (#49) to grab an OT. That would leave us with a 1st (maybe still get Mike Iupati), 3rd, 4th, 2 6th and a 7th. I think we could cover the rest of our needs with these remaining picks.

This type of aggressiveness would also give me more faith that the front office is looking to do what it takes to win.

I agree. If we trade up to get one of the top 3 tackles and Iupati , i would be happy. look what the Jets did when they got Mangold and that other lineman(cant rememer his name right now). Id say we draft a DT next year if things dont get done with franklin. I hope our from office gets it together we have had unstable drafts in the past. what if we did trade up and maybe go for berry, would that be sweet. we could trade our 13th pick and a 2nd or 3rd and still have a 17th pick and get Iupati. wishful thinking but we need some studs. would you guys pass the judgement maybe if we dont trade up and just get a safety (which i believe we need) in second round who has an ability to swarm with cover skill. we could maybe even get talor mays and the 2nd round. sure he has poor agility but that can be fixed right? im pretty excited about draft.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
The only way I would not take an OT in Rd1 is if Boone shows he will start at RT. Otherwise, Iupati would have to shine at RT in his first season for this to be a good idea.

My thinking is if we take Iupati that high we're going to spend a season trying to make him into a RT. Better to take Campbell or Charlie Brown over Iupati. If we want a project at RT, then we might as well take Campbell. At least he plays the position and was a combine warrior.

My nightmare is we take Iupati and try to fit him into RT and he plays slightly better than Snyder. We won't know if he's going to get better until the next season. Baas once again plays lukewarm for a season. Now, what do we draft next year? A Tackle? A guard? Both? Do you stick with the Iupati tackle project or do you give it up and shove him back in the guard position? It's a recipe for disaster.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows either forgot or doesn't know who Jairus Byrd is. Flip 7 & 9 Mr.Bee-Rows.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Matt Barrows either forgot or doesn't know who Jairus Byrd is. Flip 7 & 9 Mr.Bee-Rows.

Thats what i was thinking, I think he tied for the lead in INT's? If anything they go Haden or Thomas and convert him to CB with that 4.37 speed.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Thats what i was thinking, I think he tied for the lead in INT's? If anything they go Haden or Thomas and convert him to CB with that 4.37 speed.

Who Buffalo ?

The Bills won't touch a DB in the first. They will go QB, LT or NT, with a switch to the 3-4 they need an anchor to run it and if not they draft for a dire need at 2 of the most crucial positions on a football team.

Cleveland traded for Sheldon Brown for a reason, to lock up the corner spot opposite Eric Wright. They need a FS, 3-4 DE and pass rush help. I doubt they go QB there unless they do trade up for Braford so I can see them going with Berry, Odrick, Morgan, JPP, Graham or longshot Earl Thomas.
Share 49ersWebzone