There are 168 users in the forums

Mock Draft

Wilson is better value at 17, but rather have Iupati at 17 and Wilson or Kareem Jackson at 24. Pick up Saffold with our second.
Originally posted by lonneybyrd:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
okay so I did my final draft but since then we've got Ted Ginn jr. as a KR/PR so it completely changes. Here's what I can see playing out.

1.(13) Traded to Philly (E.Thomas) for their #24 overall and # 37 overall , philly also gets our pick 182 in round 6.

1. (17) Charles Brown OT USC
1.(24) Kyle Wilson CB Kansas
2.(37) Demaryius Thomas WR GT
2. (49) John Jerry G Miss
3.(79) Reshan Jones S Georgia
4.(113) Brandon Spikes LB Florida
5- Tedd Ginn Jr. trade
6- Philly trade up
6 (205) D'Anthony Smith NT Louis Tech.
7. (224) Darius Marshall RB Marshall

So with a trade back we're not reaching for brown or wilson , alot of people have Dez falling so that's gonna push Benn back then push Thomas back. I feel like Thomas can be that great opposite reciever from Crabtree and allow Morgan and Ginn to be 3 and 4. Jerry's a solid guard that can come in and start early in his career. Jones can take over for Lewis in a year, Spikes hopefully can replace Spikes .. Smith and Marshall are projects but I for one would much rather see Darius Marshall then Coffee or Robinson running the ball if Gore was out for any time.

Thats my draft with 1 trade that very well could happen if Philly wants Thomas we call them and say , " we're taking him if you dont make an offer for him."

Any Mock with trades should be void at inception. Also, have you not watched any of our games and realized we hardly ran 4 reciever sets because that took VD off the field. The pick of thomas is a horrible horrible choice REPEAT HORRIBLE! I mean we just traded for Ginn to be our PR/KR and to be a lift the lid reciever as a 3rd or 4th reciever. Jason Hill came on at the end of the season and we still dont know what we have in Brandon Jones.
Brandan Jones is horrible, Ginn is a 4th receiver that can stretch the field, and hill comes on at the end of every year after doing nothing for the first 10 games. I'm not saying we should take a receiver. I'm just saying it's not a horrible pick if a physical freak like Thomas falls to us in the 2nd round. BPA!!!!
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by akniner:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
okay so I did my final draft but since then we've got Ted Ginn jr. as a KR/PR so it completely changes. Here's what I can see playing out.

1.(13) Traded to Philly (E.Thomas) for their #24 overall and # 37 overall , philly also gets our pick 182 in round 6.

1. (17) Charles Brown OT USC
1.(24) Kyle Wilson CB Kansas
2.(37) Demaryius Thomas WR GT
2. (49) John Jerry G Miss
3.(79) Reshan Jones S Georgia
4.(113) Brandon Spikes LB Florida
5- Tedd Ginn Jr. trade
6- Philly trade up
6 (205) D'Anthony Smith NT Louis Tech.
7. (224) Darius Marshall RB Marshall

So with a trade back we're not reaching for brown or wilson , alot of people have Dez falling so that's gonna push Benn back then push Thomas back. I feel like Thomas can be that great opposite reciever from Crabtree and allow Morgan and Ginn to be 3 and 4. Jerry's a solid guard that can come in and start early in his career. Jones can take over for Lewis in a year, Spikes hopefully can replace Spikes .. Smith and Marshall are projects but I for one would much rather see Darius Marshall then Coffee or Robinson running the ball if Gore was out for any time.

Thats my draft with 1 trade that very well could happen if Philly wants Thomas we call them and say , " we're taking him if you dont make an offer for him."

i love this draft except i see it a lot more like taking reshad jones or nate allen in the 2nd round and maybe ducasse instead of jon jerry, then maybe brandon spikes in the 3rd. not sure if he'd fall to the 4th. so just a little shifting and i think it'd be good. also, i don't think we should draft a WR this year. we have too many. crabtree, morgan, hill, jones, ginn and zeigler.

And of those WR's on that list, Thomas becomes the 2nd best the day he signs..as long as we come away with a starting RT, a G to push baas and rachal, a S, and a CB in the early rounds, it is an A+ draft. We can add a pass rusher later in the draft as well as a back up TED and DL.....great mock Otis
Share 49ersWebzone