There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My Draft Day Dream...

TRADES
49ers trade anywhere from 4-7th round pick in next years draft to Rams for OJ Atogwe
49ers trade pick #13 and a 6th to the Pats for #22-2nd and 4th round picks
49ers trade Brandon Jones and recoup the 5th round pick they gave up for Ginn

DRAFT
17-CB-J.Haden
22-OT-A.Davis
49-DT T.Cody
R2-DE C.Dunlap (from NE)
R3-OG-J.Asamoah -(or any OG u like better)
R4-ILB-B.Spikes
R4-RB-J.Mcknight
R5-QB-D.LeFevour
R6-S-M.Rolle
R7-some blocking TE or FB

EXTENSIONS
Willis-10 year deal
Davis-6 year deal
Goldston-5 year deal
Franklin-4-5 year deal
Morgan-3-4 year deal
J.Hill-2 year deal
D.Walker-2 year deal
and I'm pretty sure Gore is set but if he isn't sign him through age 31
I'd also like to see N.Clements re-do his deal

FA Signings
OLB/DE-J.Taylor-why not?

I know most of this is a complete pipedream and could never actually happen but I do see NE as a team that may want to play around a bit in this draft with all those 2nd round picks. A trade is very possible there.
[ Edited by matt49er on Apr 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM ]
You have lost your mind sir!

First Haden will never make it to 17 unless he gets arrested before Thursday.

Davis at 22 is just as unrealistic. 50/50 he is off the board by 13 and you think he will be around 10 picks after that especially as valued as OT is? M Rolle as a 6th? LMAO.

Then you have way too many trades, and finally why in the hell would anyone want Brandon Jones? I doubt you could get a 7th for him let alone a 5th.

I got a better idea for your dream draft.

13 Bradford
17 Suh
49 Berry

There you go
[ Edited by joey82 on Apr 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM ]
Originally posted by joey82:

Davis at 22 is just as unrealistic. 50/50 he is off the board by 13 and you think he will be around 10 picks after that especially as valued as OT is? M Rolle as a 6th? LMAO.

Then you have way too many trades, and finally why in the hell would anyone want Brandon Jones? I doubt you could get a 7th for him let alone a 5th.

13 Bradford
17 Suh
49 Berry

There you go

I clearly stated it's a pipe dream buddy
Originally posted by matt49er:

13 Bradford
17 Suh
49 Berry

There you go

Ok so whats the point of the thread? Make up really good players that won't be there when it is our turn to pick.

Geesh I mean if you are going to make up pipe dreams at least mine involves better players.

I love how people think we can get rid of Brandon Jones and get more than a pack of gum for him. It is the same every year. Take sucky player X that nobody wants and trade him for a 3-5th round pick. I mean if he isn't good enough for our terrible WR corps then who in the hell would want him?
[ Edited by joey82 on Apr 18, 2010 at 2:45 PM ]

13 Bradford
17 Suh
49 Berry

There you go

Ok so whats the point of the thread? Make up really good players that won't be there when it is our turn to pick.

Geesh I mean if you are going to make up pipe dreams at least mine involves better players.

I love how people think we can get rid of Brandon Jones and get more than a pack of gum for him. It is the same every year. Take sucky player X that nobody wants and trade him for a 3-5th round pick. I mean if he isn't good enough for our terrible WR corps then who in the hell would want him?

Joey, you mad?

13 Bradford
17 Suh
49 Berry

There you go

alot of my "dream" could come true, very realistic the Pats want to trade up and it's very realistic Dulap lasts until round 2.

it's a pipedream but not one 100% out of the question like the one you have
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

13 Bradford
17 Suh
49 Berry

There you go

Joey, you mad?

No.

I understand a Mock is a mixture of guessing and who you want but mocks that are just completely unrealistic bother me. I appreciate a well thought out mock but mocks that just put players way lower than they most likely will go an full of dumb trades aggravate me.
I don't think the Pats do a trade at all this year. They worked very hard at getting a bunch of second rounders in a very deep draft, and I have to think they believe they're very well situated to get a slew of players they can turn into starters by standing pat.

13 Bradford
17 Suh
49 Berry

There you go

alot of my "dream" could come true, very realistic the Pats want to trade up and it's very realistic Dulap lasts until round 2.

it's a pipedream but not one 100% out of the question like the one you have

Please enlighten me... why do you think the Patriots want to trade up? In fact, how many times have the Patriots traded up in the first round in the last 10 years? Patriots are known to trade back and acquire future picks not aggressively move up. Even if they did why would the want to trade up to #13? What player is there you feel like they are going to want to move up and get?

It is a lazy effort even for a dream. You haven't explained why a team that never moves up would move up, what player they would take etc. Your first two picks are completely unrealistic. You are about 2 rounds off on your 5th and 6th round choices (why we would take yet another QB is another head scratcher) Your 3rd round pick is just lazy as is your 7th.

Not to mention the asinine Brandon Jones trade.

Basically you took what most people are thinking we would take with the 13th pick gave them both to us at much later in the first round and threw in an extra 2nd and 5th from trades that don't make sense.

Heck it is much more likely that Haden or Davis are gone by 13 (and both wouldn't be completely unrealistic).

So good job on your "pipe dream" but not completely unrealistic mock.
Nice pipe dream!
Why the hell would you want Dunlap in your dream?
Originally posted by genus49:
Why the hell would you want Dunlap in your dream?

Maybe the cook screwed up what's in his pipe?
since ur dreaming...
why would you give up anything for oj atogwe since he'll basicly be an UFA after june 1st?

...some ppl's dreams just dont make any damn sense
Brandon Jones for a 5th rounder?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by miked1978:
Brandon Jones for a 5th rounder?

Dude I'd trade Brandon Jones for a 7th round pick, from what I've seen of him so far. And I'd replace him with Freddie Barnes.