LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

How much trade value does Dan Williams possess?

With NTs being one of the hottest commodities in the NFL, do you think teams would be ringing our phone off the hook if he's there at #13? I think so.

One team I could see trading up for him is San Diego. They could send us the #28 and #40 -- even trade. Jamal Williams is gone, and they have a huge hole. The only thing that would hold SD back would be that they'd have to wait to #91 to take a RB to split time w/ Sproles.

I've also heard the argument for the Ravens picking up a NT and kicking Ngata out to DE. That argument goes that Ngata's athleticism is wasted at NT being double-teamed, that he'd be able to generate a pass rush from the end position or, at the least, collapse the edge of an o-line and allow the edge rusher free reign.
If some how one of the top 3 T's are available at 13 then I ignore any calls if I were Baalke. If not, I would trade back quickly.
The Niners had a ton more leverage at 17, if Williams is on the board, until the Steelers signed Hampton to a 3-year contract. I think he's going to slip into the 20's.
  • evil
  • Veteran
1- AJ Smith drafted both Darren Sproles and Michael Turner in the middle rounds (IIRC they were both 4th rounders). He doesn't have to take a RB with one of his first 2 picks, so that will come down to value.

2- The Chargers could take a NT at 28 ie Terrance Cody, as could the Ravens. It's also possible they both look at Cam Thomas or Linval Joseph as alternative options to fill that roster spot.

Also Baltimore's NT in 3-4 alignments is Kelly Gregg still but it is time to start grooming a replacment for him. Ngata has played some nose but the bulk of his snaps has been at DE in the 3-4.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
1- AJ Smith drafted both Darren Sproles and Michael Turner in the middle rounds (IIRC they were both 4th rounders). He doesn't have to take a RB with one of his first 2 picks, so that will come down to value.

2- The Chargers could take a NT at 28 ie Terrance Cody, as could the Ravens. It's also possible they both look at Cam Thomas or Linval Joseph as alternative options to fill that roster spot.

Also Baltimore's NT in 3-4 alignments is Kelly Gregg still but it is time to start grooming a replacment for him. Ngata has played some nose but the bulk of his snaps has been at DE in the 3-4.

Dan Williams >>>>> Terrence Cody >>
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Dan Williams >>>>> Terrence Cody >>

You're looking way too hard at finding possible trade partners. I doubt San Diego makes this move.
Even though it has been pointed out that the Chargers have had success in the middle rounds finding RBs, that was when they had Tomlinson. I see them trading up to get Matthews more than Williams. 17 would be an ideal place for him.
Originally posted by Karma:
Even though it has been pointed out that the Chargers have had success in the middle rounds finding RBs, that was when they had Tomlinson. I see them trading up to get Matthews more than Williams. 17 would be an ideal place for him.

They'll be able to get Matthews later and cheaper from someone else.
I would hate to go from 13 to 28 thats too far down even adding in the 40th. trade 13 down to the high 20 pick ok 19, 20,21, or 22. only if there is No OT they would want at 13.
Originally posted by dlance:
I would hate to go from 13 to 28 thats too far down even adding in the 40th. trade 13 down to the high 20 pick ok 19, 20,21, or 22. only if there is No OT they would want at 13.

i wouldnt mind i would get staffold there IMO much better than brown at RT and he wont have the attitude problems davis would have

I don't see Dan Williams having that much value.. In fact I think that the 49ers will not trade the 13th pick unless someone just sells the farm for it (extremely unlikely). Really don't feel good about trading back from 17 have to drop too far to get anything worth while.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by dlance:

i wouldnt mind i would get staffold there IMO much better than brown at RT and he wont have the attitude problems davis would have

Taking Staffold is fine. there is talk that there is a chance he may be picked in the first round. But when ? If he is still there in the second I would love them to pick Staffold. if they move from 13 to 28 and 4 OT are gone in the top 12 and Brown is taken at 14 are you going to take Staffold at 17 or wait till 28? the 3 or 4 best DB will probable be gone by 28. but at pick 20 they would still have a great chance to get one of the top player at there position.
Share 49ersWebzone