There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Thuglife's one and only mock!

Let me start of by saying that i really like the ted ginn jr trade. I feel like our major needs our at RT,CB,SS,ILB,G.

1. OT Anthony Davis
With Davis we plug him at RT right away and he brings that physical attitude to our o line and in case Joe staley gets hurt. (Williams,okung,bulaga,haden off the board already)

1. CB/FS Earl Thomas
This pick is more of a value pick and bpa as earl thomas just keeps climbing up draft boards. Thomas instantly becomes our nickel cb unless our coaching staff decides its time for lewis to hang up the cleats and goldson makes a smooth transition to ss and thomas would become the starter at FS. (Kyle wilson, Mike Iupati, Pouncey still on the board)

2. NT Cam Thomas
Okay i know i will probably get grill for this pick but with franklin being 29 and we apply the franchise tag this year there is no gurantee we can get him to sign. Vince wilfork just got a monster deal and you can bet franklin is licking his chops right about now. As for thomas we can start rotating him at NT since i dont believe ricky-jean can make that transition and with cody,williams,houston and linval joseph off the board hes the highest rated NT available. Solid NT's are very hard to come by and he would join his tar heel buddy balmer. Say hello to our future NT.

3. OLB Ricky Sapp
I believe we still need a constant pass rush and this guy can bring it off the edge. This pick is more about lawson being in the final year of his contract and i feel like they might let him walk and we need somebody to step in for him next year so lets start grooming lawsons replacement. ( I hope lawson steps it up)

4. G Marshall Newhouse
Singletary LIkes big linemen and with our new o line coach and his blocking scheme i think he can do wonders with this guy and he is pretty atlethic for a 6'4 319 guy who ran a 5.00 in the 40. Bass is only on a one year tender and chilo is no proven thing.

5. Wr/Pr/KR Ted Ginn Jr.

This guy is part of our draft and he brings pro bowl ability to our KR/PR unit and this guy can fly. Ginn also has a chance to help in the passing game since we tend to go to more of a spread sometimes.

6.ILB Darryl Sharpton
Spikes may be playing his last season with the 49ers and singletary does not seem to be happy with Mckillop and is more of a special teamer.

6. CB Aj wallace
We need a special teamer guy who has some return abilities in case ginn goes down. Our new marcus hudson

7.RB Joique Bell
Change of pace back, Credit to OTC for this pick and the rest of the webzone.

So what you guys think?
if we take davis we wait until pick #17 IMO. I'd rather take Haden or Kyle Wilson if we go DB in round 1.
Originally posted by matt49er:
if we take davis we wait until pick #17 IMO. I'd rather take Haden or Kyle Wilson if we go DB in round 1.

I disagree here, if the top 3 OT are taken, and especcially if Seattle hasn't picked an OT yet, we have to go OT at 13 unless something phenomenal happens like Eric Berry falling to us. I don't mind Thomas at 17 whatsoever, and Thomas at 49 wouldn't be a bad pick either. If Sapp is there in the 3rd, then yeah I think he has to be a strong possibility as well. Overall nice mock.
Originally posted by matt49er:

I mention that prior to the davis pick, haden is off the board and so are the top 3 OT's.
I guess my draft is too perfect lol...
It seems like Thomas is rising and Davis is slipping. If we want both we might have to go Thomas at 13 and Davis at 17 if Seattle goes OT at 6. But I agree, those 2 are the 2 players I want to get the most. They are the 2 players that will have the biggest impact on our team this year on both sides of the ball.
way to go out a limb in the 5th round
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Really good realistic draft. I haven't seen too many with us taking an NT in the 2nd so good originality points. There's a good chance we take an NT fairly high. I'd be surprised if it was this early but I'd be ok with it. Not having a backup in case Franklin goes is no good.

I think Ricky Sapp goes in the 2nd round. I really like the guy. I assume you wouldn't mind taking a guard in the 3rd if there was no strong pass rusher available. I got us taking Mitch Petrus G. in the 3rd with us snagging Ricky in the 2nd.

Nice mock
Originally posted by Walsh:
Really good realistic draft. I haven't seen too many with us taking an NT in the 2nd so good originality points. There's a good chance we take an NT fairly high. I'd be surprised if it was this early but I'd be ok with it. Not having a backup in case Franklin goes is no good.

I think Ricky Sapp goes in the 2nd round. I really like the guy. I assume you wouldn't mind taking a guard in the 3rd if there was no strong pass rusher available. I got us taking Mitch Petrus G. in the 3rd with us snagging Ricky in the 2nd.

Nice mock

thanks bro, Im trying to keep it as realistic as possible. Like you said dont be surprise to see us go NT early. 3-4 OLB are pretty deep i really think sapp is gonna be their in the 3rd.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice looking mock, thug. I really like the Davis, Thomas picks.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 18, 2010 at 4:55 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo63:

Which Thomas
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thuglife619:

Which Thomas

Both.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by thuglife619:

Which Thomas

Both.

I really do feel we are gonna take an NT high.
I'd rather go Buluga at 13 and Sergio Kindle at 17, but that's just my preferences. Very good mock by you if it does work out that way for us, I could live with it!
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
I'd rather go Buluga at 13 and Sergio Kindle at 17, but that's just my preferences. Very good mock by you if it does work out that way for us, I could live with it!

The Anthony Davis pick was with Bulaga off the board already and Kindle who i think is very good will not start right away. I want our first 2 picks to be starters right away and davis and thomas gives us that.